Thread: Def's Journey

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dry skin

Hey guys

One of my most annoying PFS symptoms is super dry skin - particularly hands and feet. To the point that it actually starts cracking and sometimes bleeding a little in winter.

I try using moisturisers after showering and washing hands etc but it doesn’t seem to do much.

What do you guys use for this? Any supplements that help?

R

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best thing that worked for me was soaking in a warm bath with 2 cups of Malic acid. I get a huge organic jar of it on Amazon. Skin feels amazingly baby smooth from it after the skin brushing.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 06-07-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corona and DHT:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-24/coronavirus-baldness-may-be-risk-factor-covid-19/12385216

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weights timing

Hey lads

Is there an optimal time for us to be doing our weights session for hormonal benefits?

Not sure if it is coincidence, but I find that when I do a weights session at 3pm, my performance isn’t as good and I seem to have real trouble sleeping at night. I think maybe cortisol release as I find myself having to urinate a lot in the evening.

This seems to be less of an issue when I exercise at 10.30am.

Guidance appreciated.

Cheers

Def

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Rafenk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Hey lads

Is there an optimal time for us to be doing our weights session for hormonal benefits?

Not sure if it is coincidence, but I find that when I do a weights session at 3pm, my performance isn’t as good and I seem to have real trouble sleeping at night. I think maybe cortisol release as I find myself having to urinate a lot in the evening.

This seems to be less of an issue when I exercise at 10.30am.

Guidance appreciated.

Cheers

Def
    Check this out: Why Sleep is More Important Than Diet | Shawn Stevenson on Health Theory - YouTube (linked to where he talks about the time of day to exercise).

The Regimen on the TMO quick start guide has it listed in the morning aswell. That's when I do it too (plus I'm usually still fasting).
    Last edited by Rafenk; 07-15-2020 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks man - that is a pretty interesting link. Watched the whole thing. Morning it is then...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schissandra / cortisol lowering

Question about schissandra - is this the best cortisol lowering supplement and does this need to be cycled? Any other recommendations for supplements to lower cortisol at night?

I ask because the King of Unusual Symptoms (aka me) has trouble sleeping well after heavy lifting days (even if I train early in the morning). I always have trouble falling asleep, often wake up hot and sweaty, and end up usually having a really light and shit night’s sleep.

I have tried ZMA but unfortunately my gut can’t really tolerate magnesium - causes gas and bloating - which again fucks my sleep...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Testofen / Fenugreek extract

CD

What’s the current view on Testofen or fenugreek extract? I see from a few older posts on here that you used to use and get results from it. Then there are a bunch of other posts on here from people freaking out about its 5AR effects.

I ask because I am not ready / keen to do a PH cycle at this stage. Want to see if I can get through this without doing so (I know I am probably apprehensive for no good reason). So, the last month or so, I thought I would give the LEH herbs a break and have been trying a cycle of a Testofen based product (also contains ashwaghanda, tribulus, and other recommended herbs). I seem to be getting some results from it in that my sleep is MUCH deeper according to my wearable and I do seem to be a bit stronger in the gym. Interested in your thoughts.

Otherwise, I am doing pretty well - I’d say 80%. Getting stronger, morning wood a lot more often, better quality erections, but still little libido. The last 20% is definitely going to be dependent on me fixing my gut (the cramp / bloat is also what disrupts my sleep at night depending on what I have eaten). I think I might need to do a water fast as I just can’t seem to figure out what is triggering my gut issues and no amount of probiotics, powders, diets, etc has really changed it. But all in all - feeling good and positive.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    CD

What’s the current view on Testofen or fenugreek extract? I see from a few older posts on here that you used to use and get results from it. Then there are a bunch of other posts on here from people freaking out about its 5AR effects.

I ask because I am not ready / keen to do a PH cycle at this stage. Want to see if I can get through this without doing so (I know I am probably apprehensive for no good reason). So, the last month or so, I thought I would give the LEH herbs a break and have been trying a cycle of a Testofen based product (also contains ashwaghanda, tribulus, and other recommended herbs). I seem to be getting some results from it in that my sleep is MUCH deeper according to my wearable and I do seem to be a bit stronger in the gym. Interested in your thoughts.

Otherwise, I am doing pretty well - I’d say 80%. Getting stronger, morning wood a lot more often, better quality erections, but still little libido. The last 20% is definitely going to be dependent on me fixing my gut (the cramp / bloat is also what disrupts my sleep at night depending on what I have eaten). I think I might need to do a water fast as I just can’t seem to figure out what is triggering my gut issues and no amount of probiotics, powders, diets, etc has really changed it. But all in all - feeling good and positive.
    Don't use it. Period.

I used it almost ten years ago or so before I was really on the good end of the journey, and it did seem to help, but it was short lived. I've talked to several guys that have had really bad issues with it altogether. That, plus the fact that it has other herbs combined into the mix isn't good because of the tolerance issue with those particular herbs.

Basically, you're breaking from the protocol, which, up to this point has you at about 80% recovered. You got there because of what you were doing. DON'T STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING. This is a mistake which will cost you time and health.

Keep your eye on the prize man.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the prompt response and well noted. My “cycle” on this product was only ever intended to be 8 weeks, so I will be back on the herbs as usual.

Am I being too much of a sissy not trying the PHs?