User Tag List

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alphacfi View Post
    I am sure that this crazy pandemic has a lot to do with it. I wonder how long you can go without having a downswing before you feel confident that you wont have one. For me I was thinking if I could just make it a month I would be in the clear from the worst of it. And I found out that is not true. I guess it's two months? WTF! How can it just sit dorment like that for a whole month and then spring out and hit you. I don't think I will ever understand that.
    Listen....be thankful for where you are. YOU'RE ALMOST DONE!!!!! I think it was a few months before I noticed I had no more downswings. YOU'RE ALMOST THERE!!!!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD. I did eventually come out of that downswing. Probably a week ago. Then I went through a post downswing mood where I get through almost the whole day without symptoms and then sometime around 5 or 6 PM I start to feel symptoms creeping. So I've started doing extensive meditation at around that time through the rest of the night. The meditation aspect has been the hardest part of the protocol for me. To just sit down or lay down and breathe for a period of time is just not something I would never do without PFS. But I realized the other day that it is probably the one reason I haven't totally healed yet. My diet is near perfect and all the herbs and sups are on point. But I have still damaged my brain from all the stress and anxiety of the last year and half and it needs to be calmed down daily. Even days like today or yesterday where I have been relatively symptom free I forced myself to sit and listen to mediation. I think that if I stay consistent with that I will be recovered in a matter of months.

I did a little reading on my most prevalent symptoms, which i have not done any research or reading on anything for the past year and a half to avoid being psyched out by some bull shit article. But I only really have two symptoms remaining. The downswings just make these more prominent and painful. I have pressure in my head that causes the back and sides of my head to audibly pop. I believe this is a variation of chronic tension headaches. And I am pretty sure I suffer from chronic stress because of all the anxiety and stressful moments I had compounded over the last year damaged my brain. Luckily the remedy for both of those is extensive meditation and breathing. So I know what I have to do. I also have eye floaters but fuck those.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD. I did eventually come out of that downswing. Probably a week ago. Then I went through a post downswing mood where I get through almost the whole day without symptoms and then sometime around 5 or 6 PM I start to feel symptoms creeping. So I've started doing extensive meditation at around that time through the rest of the night. The meditation aspect has been the hardest part of the protocol for me. To just sit down or lay down and breathe for a period of time is just not something I would never do without PFS. But I realized the other day that it is probably the one reason I haven't totally healed yet. My diet is near perfect and all the herbs and sups are on point. But I have still damaged my brain from all the stress and anxiety of the last year and half and it needs to be calmed down daily. Even days like today or yesterday where I have been relatively symptom free I forced myself to sit and listen to mediation. I think that if I stay consistent with that I will be recovered in a matter of months.

I did a little reading on my most prevalent symptoms, which i have not done any research or reading on anything for the past year and a half to avoid being psyched out by some bull shit article. But I only really have two symptoms remaining. The downswings just make these more prominent and painful. I have pressure in my head that causes the back and sides of my head to audibly pop. I believe this is a variation of chronic tension headaches. And I am pretty sure I suffer from chronic stress because of all the anxiety and stressful moments I had compounded over the last year damaged my brain. Luckily the remedy for both of those is extensive meditation and breathing. So I know what I have to do. I also have eye floaters but fuck those.
    Exactly...you know what you need to do. Taking the time to meditate is half the battle, believe it or not. If this is difficult it makes you realize just how unsettled you actually are. FORCE YOURSELF. Take the time. It's ALWAYS worth it. Once you get into a groove with this, you'll WANT to take the time to meditate and it will stop feeling like such a fucking chore.

Keep at it dude. You'll get there.

And I know it feels like it, but your brain is NOT damaged. At all.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going through a really stressful transition at work right now. I am actually getting a promotion but it requires me to do lots of studying and sitting in a classroom type setting for 7-8 hours a day. The studying is no problem because I am by myself and can stop and do breathing exercises or meditate when I start to feel symptoms. But the classroom has been a different story. I had a pretty bad day last Friday. One thing has been totally confirmed to me though and that is that my symptoms are almost completely stress induced now. If I am just having a normal day at home or even going to a friends I feel about 90%. But if there is some stressful situation I have to deal with that day all bets are off. I start to feel weak and my head starts to hurt and then I just settle into a downswing that lasts until I get out of the situation and get back home. I have been consistently meditating now for a month and wim hof breathing multiple times a day now for 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can become a zen master someday soon and maintain a calm state in all situations.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah stress reduction has been huge for me during pfs recovery. Had a few weeks of bad stress a couple of months ago (not PFS related), and some of my old symptoms came back. Stopped stressing, and they went away after a week or so.

Crazy how that works.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I know I have been questioning my decision to take this promotion while I am still dealing with this shit. But I want to keep living life. And I dont want to have that in the back of my mind that I am not taking a promotion because of PFS. Thats almost worse then dealing with the stress.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going through a really stressful transition at work right now. I am actually getting a promotion but it requires me to do lots of studying and sitting in a classroom type setting for 7-8 hours a day. The studying is no problem because I am by myself and can stop and do breathing exercises or meditate when I start to feel symptoms. But the classroom has been a different story. I had a pretty bad day last Friday. One thing has been totally confirmed to me though and that is that my symptoms are almost completely stress induced now. If I am just having a normal day at home or even going to a friends I feel about 90%. But if there is some stressful situation I have to deal with that day all bets are off. I start to feel weak and my head starts to hurt and then I just settle into a downswing that lasts until I get out of the situation and get back home. I have been consistently meditating now for a month and wim hof breathing multiple times a day now for 3 weeks. I'm hoping I can become a zen master someday soon and maintain a calm state in all situations.
    I know exactly how you feel. I used to have this bad while sitting in class in college, usually at the 1 hour mark I would feel the urge to leave the room ASAP and go home, and I’d begin to feel panic. I think that this would fall under the inability to handle stress category. At home I feel fine, which definitely leads to isolation. I assume it’s a pretty common thing for most of us.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 05-20-2020 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah its weird for me because its so inconsistent. Like Friday was terrible but than Saturday I was fine all day in class and I would say Saturday should have been the more stressful day. There's no way to predict it. I have been having a lot more ups and downs now throughout the day and week. I was having long stretches of ups followed by long stretches of downs. I feel like this is going backward kinda. But I don't know if that's true. It's just something different. I remember reading guys are always searching for that new baseline. I feel like I haven't reached a new baseline since November. I still have days that are just as bad as back then. I feel like I'm long overdue for a new baseline.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah its weird for me because its so inconsistent. Like Friday was terrible but than Saturday I was fine all day in class and I would say Saturday should have been the more stressful day. There's no way to predict it. I have been having a lot more ups and downs now throughout the day and week. I was having long stretches of ups followed by long stretches of downs. I feel like this is going backward kinda. But I don't know if that's true. It's just something different. I remember reading guys are always searching for that new baseline. I feel like I haven't reached a new baseline since November. I still have days that are just as bad as back then. I feel like I'm long overdue for a new baseline.
    Towards the end you will get the swings that come and go more quickly instead of long drawn out ones. This is a good sign. It means it's starting to break. As always, just keep doing what you're doing.

And dude, go for that promotion. Definitely. You got this.

If you're feeling super stressed, try the 4,7,8 breathing method to really calm you down. Use it in conjunction with the WHM. Use WHM in the morning to get going, but when you feel stressed during your work day, use the 478 method. It will immediately calm you down.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's good to hear! I will try that. I've done that a few times. I've been searching for something I can do while I am around people and in those situations. So hopefully that works for me.