User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black seed oil for allergies

So I have pretty bad allergies this time of year and the only things that seem to help are Zyrtec and Flonase but I’m trying to avoid synthetics. Does anyone know whether the beta sisterol in black seed oil has potent dht inhibiting effects? Beta sisterol has been shown to block dht but it’s also in avocados which are ok on the pfs regimen. It’s interesting how the other herbs and nutrients like quercetin & nettle leaf have dht inhibiting effects. Some kind of correlation between histamine and dht.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it's recommended to prevent hair loss as well so might be extra potent. deeper into recovery and my hair is receding a lot lol. I'd personally avoid but I don't have allergies so can't really empathize well
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    So I have pretty bad allergies this time of year and the only things that seem to help are Zyrtec and Flonase but I’m trying to avoid synthetics. Does anyone know whether the beta sisterol in black seed oil has potent dht inhibiting effects? Beta sisterol has been shown to block dht but it’s also in avocados which are ok on the pfs regimen. It’s interesting how the other herbs and nutrients like quercetin & nettle leaf have dht inhibiting effects. Some kind of correlation between histamine and dht.
    You’ll honestly just have to try it. I’ve taken it post recovery, didn’t have any issues. Don’t know if it would’ve been different during recovery or not.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by markuss View Post
    Negative.

The 6 Most Powerful Natural DHT Blockers - LightTherapyDevice.com

Are you avoiding gluten and dairy? Usually by limiting or eliminating those foods allergies seem to disappear. Personally I don't have "allergies" until I get glutened. As soon as that happens my nose stuffs up, I start sneezing and start having an allergic reaction.

Get strict on your diet and see what happens. I would avoid the black seed oil for now.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Negative.

Are you avoiding gluten and dairy? Usually by limiting or eliminating those foods allergies seem to disappear. Personally I don't have "allergies" until I get glutened. As soon as that happens my nose stuffs up, I start sneezing and start having an allergic reaction.

Get strict on your diet and see what happens. I would avoid the black seed oil for now.
    I always had a gut feeling that green tea made me feel soft as fuck. I think coffee raises dht in contrast. Could is possibly be that's why Americans are seen more aggressive (drink a lot of coffee) vs. East Asians more meek (drink a lot of green tea). (Besides genetic factors as well)
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    I always had a gut feeling that green tea made me feel soft as fuck. I think coffee raises dht in contrast. Could is possibly be that's why Americans are seen more aggressive (drink a lot of coffee) vs. East Asians more meek (drink a lot of green tea). (Besides genetic factors as well)
    I believe this is directly related to testosterone levels as Africans have the highest testosterone levels and Asians have the lowest. Diet, genetic factors and environment all play a part in this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Negative.

Haven’t been on this site in quite some time but I browse here and there.

I don’t want to jump in and make corrections but might as well right here because I think black CUMIN seed oil is an incredible supplement.

What’s listed in that link you reference is black CURRANT seed oil. Which is completely different from CUMIN.

Shawn Bean, nutritionist who got me on my feet and battling this, he highly recommends black cumin seed oil. Esspecially for those with constipation and who need more fats.

It’s really great, it actually eats up oxalates too which I know a lot of us have problems with.

That’s just my 2 cents here. I use it quite a bit- it’s good stuff.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruschi11 View Post
    Haven’t been on this site in quite some time but I browse here and there.

I don’t want to jump in and make corrections but might as well right here because I think black CUMIN seed oil is an incredible supplement.

What’s listed in that link you reference is black CURRANT seed oil. Which is completely different from CUMIN.

Shawn Bean, nutritionist who got me on my feet and battling this, he highly recommends black cumin seed oil. Esspecially for those with constipation and who need more fats.

It’s really great, it actually eats up oxalates too which I know a lot of us have problems with.

That’s just my 2 cents here. I use it quite a bit- it’s good stuff.
    Sup Bruschi I read through your log when I was at my absolute worst and it really gave me hope. Also inspired me to do a couple coffee enemas which pretty much completely got rid of my anhedonia LOL. Hope you're doing well man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Sup Bruschi I read through your log when I was at my absolute worst and it really gave me hope. Also inspired me to do a couple coffee enemas which pretty much completely got rid of my anhedonia LOL. Hope you're doing well man
    I appreciate it man and hope you're doing well!

For the record, don't get too hung up on coffee enemas. Here and there maybe even weekly is fine. But I've read they can deplete people of vitamin b2..... and on my Nutreval testing... I am indeed b2 deficient.

I actually realized they were setting me back a couple months ago. Constipation has been big issue of mine during this setback year. And coffee enemas have actually been constipating for me if that somehow makes sense.

Will say... they were huge in my first recovery. We are all different. Now I'm deep into round 2 and its a new but similar protocol getting me there.

We really are all different, but at the end of the day we are all the same too. If that somehow makes sense.