User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dknighten's Road To Recovery

I've reached out to many of you for advice on undertaking the protocol. I've suffered for over 7 months now and have progressively gotten worse, and I am jumping in with both feet. I've had changes to my skin tissue, complete muscle wastage, and early signs of gynocemastia. None of my clothes fit anymore and my nipples constantly burn and have enlarged. I have the crushing 24/7 brain fog, like I'm viewing the world through a window. When I lift weights, I have a rebound effect and end up losing more muscle. I am at the lowest point in my life; I didn't know this place even existed. I'm doing the juice feast for 2 weeks hopefully and then refeeding raw for 3-4 days, then adding in paleo foods. It is so hard for me to organize or make sense of anything, and I am so destroyed by all of this. I've created this thread to hopefully add some rhyme & reason to what I'm doing and get help along the way. Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Thanks guys,

Damon

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chin up, brother. I start my juice feast Saturday so am right here with you. We can beat this!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    I've reached out to many of you for advice on undertaking the protocol. I've suffered for over 7 months now and have progressively gotten worse, and I am jumping in with both feet. I've had changes to my skin tissue, complete muscle wastage, and early signs of gynocemastia. None of my clothes fit anymore and my nipples constantly burn and have enlarged. I have the crushing 24/7 brain fog, like I'm viewing the world through a window. When I lift weights, I have a rebound effect and end up losing more muscle. I am at the lowest point in my life; I didn't know this place even existed. I'm doing the juice feast for 2 weeks hopefully and then refeeding raw for 3-4 days, then adding in paleo foods. It is so hard for me to organize or make sense of anything, and I am so destroyed by all of this. I've created this thread to hopefully add some rhyme & reason to what I'm doing and get help along the way. Lord knows I need all the help I can get.

Thanks guys,

Damon
    Don't over exert yourself just yet.

Juice feast, refeed, Paleo.

Don't start hitting your muscles until about 3-4 weeks after you've been eating solids.

THEN, start with calithenics. So in otherwords, follow the directions on the site, to a T.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by basementdweller View Post
    I spoke to you earlier. My story is much like yours until around 5-6 months in. I didn't believe recovery was possible at that point, did I mention that I was in the psych ward and was too weak to stand? Every second was a living hell, but changes can happen very suddenly. Just keep going and trust that it gets better. I've read plenty of stories from others who saw little improvement up until a year or so, then bam! life is worth living again. It doesn't sound like you're ready to lift weights yet though, I'd listen to your body on that one.
    I'm glad to hear you're doing much better. Excellent. I don't know why I've been having so much trouble committing to this thing and just doing it. I guess after reading so many bad things and reactions off that forum, I've become paralyzed by fear almost, meanwhile I am just getting worse. I've just gotta do it. You said your story was similar, did you experience fundamental changes to your body? I'm gonna try to lookup your older posts.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad to hear you're doing much better. Excellent. I don't know why I've been having so much trouble committing to this thing and just doing it. I guess after reading so many bad things and reactions off that forum, I've become paralyzed by fear almost, meanwhile I am just getting worse. I've just gotta do it. You said your story was similar, did you experience fundamental changes to your body? I'm gonna try to lookup your older posts.
    hardest part is the 3 months. taking in all the info, cleansing and build back up. after that you'll get some gains and steady improvement. I had the brain fog as well where I had the memory of a goldfish. that got better. read cdnuts posts here on backlog and his totalmaleoptimization site until you know it like that back of your hand. also the guy starting juice feast with you might be a good person to bounce back off of. when I was in my darkest days having someone who crashed around same time or a bit further down in recovery but had a good attitue was really good. also most ppl were useless but at least 2 of my friends were very useful so im glad i reached out to many and found which ones were awesome. i now always bounce back ideas from them.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    hardest part is the 3 months. taking in all the info, cleansing and build back up. after that you'll get some gains and steady improvement. I had the brain fog as well where I had the memory of a goldfish. that got better. read cdnuts posts here on backlog and his totalmaleoptimization site until you know it like that back of your hand. also the guy starting juice feast with you might be a good person to bounce back off of. when I was in my darkest days having someone who crashed around same time or a bit further down in recovery but had a good attitue was really good. also most ppl were useless but at least 2 of my friends were very useful so im glad i reached out to many and found which ones were awesome. i now always bounce back ideas from them.
    What about fundamental tissue changes though? I've had changes to my skin and how my actual veins look, like my skin has a grayer tint and I'm holding more subcutaneous fluid. Some of the changes I don't even know how to explain.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting the juice feast tomorrow, but guys my body composition has fundamentally changed. My skin is looser and much softer now, like a woman's. Everytime I get up from a chair or out of bed, there's an imprint on the back of my legs. I imagine I'm aromatizing testosterone into Estrogen at a constant rate..I honestly feel like some damage has been done to my body that is not reversible. The longer this continues, the more damage will be done. Nobody here recommends seeing an endocrinologist and trying at least a small dose of aromatase inhibitor?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting the juice feast tomorrow, but guys my body composition has fundamentally changed. My skin is looser and much softer now, like a woman's. Everytime I get up from a chair or out of bed, there's an imprint on the back of my legs. I imagine I'm aromatizing testosterone into Estrogen at a constant rate..I honestly feel like some damage has been done to my body that is not reversible. The longer this continues, the more damage will be done. Nobody here recommends seeing an endocrinologist and trying at least a small dose of aromatase inhibitor?
    I'm not sure dude it seems like you're not even taking the advice that's offered as the things you're thinking and asking have been covered dozens of times already.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to sift through this forum for answers on questions that I have.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the juice feast, how much water do I need to be adding, just the 4 oz at the start? I started this morning and probably made 1 quart total after a pound of celery, a cucumber, a third of a tub of mixed greens, an apple, and some strawberries. It makes a huge mess and I underestimated the feast lol.