User Tag List

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
    Hey Damon, I’ve crashed from an SSRI (don’t even have PFS). The protocol works, and there have been documented cases of recovery/partial recovery with the protocol. I have been having good results, and I believe these two illnesses to be very similar.
    Thank you for the response. Your username is familiar. I think we might have argued or something in the past? I can't remember anything at all. It's like there are clouds in my brain. like a complete separate reality. It's like my body isn't even my own. I can't believe that I was doing so well and did this to myself.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Thank you for the response. Your username is familiar. I think we might have argued or something in the past? I can't remember anything at all. It's like there are clouds in my brain. like a complete separate reality. It's like my body isn't even my own. I can't believe that I was doing so well and did this to myself.
    Just out of curiosity Have you returned to baseline prior to doing the SSRI encounter ?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AltRoute View Post
    Just out of curiosity Have you returned to baseline prior to doing the SSRI encounter ?
    i'm not sure what you're asking. If I was recovered before I took Lexapro? No, but I had major improvements physically as far as muscle and strength. My skin even seemed to improve some. I still had cognitive/perceptual issues and major anxiety.

Since this Lexapro crash, I'm worse than ever, with complete anhedonia on top.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 AltRoute's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not sure what you're asking. If I was recovered before I took Lexapro? No, but I had major improvements physically as far as muscle and strength. My skin even seemed to improve some. I still had cognitive/perceptual issues and major anxiety.

Since this Lexapro crash, I'm worse than ever, with complete anhedonia on top.
    I meant “after” the Ssri, apologies

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My body is still in the process of crashing. Might take a while before things stabilize. I didn't realize the damage that an SSRI could do with this condition, but I know now. Same mindset that drove me to take Finasteride was the one that drove me to take the SSRI. Have to improve all aspects of my life (emotional, physical, etc) in order to recover from this. That means running TMO as close to 100% as I can. Won't be able to do a long fast until i'm out of school, so i'm not gonna stress about it. Won't be able to sun my nuts anywhere right now, etc. Touching base with a functional MD when I can afford it, just to see what they recommend.

Currently taking a couple months of S. Boulardii, added in chicory tea a few times a week, and tightened up the diet. Nordic naturals fish oil daily also. Goat whey protein shake with collagen powder and veggies, etc. Daily walk outside, laying off resistance training until my body stabilizes some. Hesitant about taking vitamin D now because I'm unsure if I've added PSSD to this thing and apparently vitamin D can worsen PSSD. I'll touch base in a few months when i'm better.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My body is still in the process of crashing. Might take a while before things stabilize. I didn't realize the damage that an SSRI could do with this condition, but I know now. Same mindset that drove me to take Finasteride was the one that drove me to take the SSRI. Have to improve all aspects of my life (emotional, physical, etc) in order to recover from this. That means running TMO as close to 100% as I can. Won't be able to do a long fast until i'm out of school, so i'm not gonna stress about it. Won't be able to sun my nuts anywhere right now, etc. Touching base with a functional MD when I can afford it, just to see what they recommend.

Currently taking a couple months of S. Boulardii, added in chicory tea a few times a week, and tightened up the diet. Nordic naturals fish oil daily also. Goat whey protein shake with collagen powder and veggies, etc. Daily walk outside, laying off resistance training until my body stabilizes some. Hesitant about taking vitamin D now because I'm unsure if I've added PSSD to this thing and apparently vitamin D can worsen PSSD. I'll touch base in a few months when i'm better.
    Hey Damon. I understand the fears, but PSSD cases can recover with the protocol too. I have seen some tremendous results and I have never taken Finasteride. I took Lexapro/Cipralex. I wouldn’t worry too much, I think the protocol might be enough. Let’s worry if the protocol isn’t after you’ve done it for some time.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imo, PSSD and PFS are probably the same condition or at least very similar. Just caused by different drugs. The solution is the same.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since this SSRI crash, my hair thickness and texture has completely changed. 3 and a half years of PFS and my hair stopped shedding at all, was very thick and dry, and now it's becoming super thin and shedding everywhere. Before, I had constant anxiety and high cortisol symptoms and now I don't feel anything at all. I don't understand this.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes the lack of emotions is something that’s more common for PSSD rather than PFS. At least that’s what I read back in the doom and gloom days

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 GoldenSun's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got anhedonia from Minoxidil so I'm not sure if its just PSSD. I think all of this shit is the same tbh. Certain drugs just trigger this thing in people