User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Setback

Hey guys, so I went to a doc to get prescribed a topical anti-fungal(which I have a bad case of) , & he gave me Nizoral.. & I used it just once all over my body as a shampoo.. & lately, I’ve been feeling weird. I obviously binned this & im using selenium sulfide shampoo which isn’t an inhibitor. I should’ve done my due diligence on this though.

My only concern is when something like this happens, is it a crash that sets you back to 0? Or is this something acute? I feel a general anxiety & my erections have less quality to them, balls moving weird, anxiety. Heart racing All those symptoms.

Moving forward, how exactly do I go about this.. just continue with protocol , or fast first then hop on it?

This is a question mostly for experienced guys who’ve dealt with setbacks. As you know after a 1 year on this with steady but slow improvement,This is my first time dealing with something like this.. I get sexually going backwards, but when I feel my heart racing & get all weird along with digestive issues, it worries me that some crash is imminent.

Thank you gentlemen.

EDITED: I’m basically feeling all the side effects from Nizoral (ketoconazole) a lot of them similar to pfs since it causes hormonal issues. which makes it hard for me to know exactly what’s going on, & how to go about it.

I simply forgot that Nizoral was a 5AR inhibitor & i took it carelessly. I feel shitty & frustrated about this but I just wanna move forward now.
    Last edited by RickTheRuler; 06-06-2019 at 10:14 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah Nizoral kills dht. different mechanism then propecia. I used to use it before I crashed as well. it slightly lowered my libido I think in retrospect. I still have 2 huge bottles of it and never use it. Think I might throw it out so no one in my family is tempted
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used that stuff all the time too but never noticed anything. Then again I was also on fin at the time... I’d be very surprised if you have actually set yourself back much just by using that once...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Setback

Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    yeah Nizoral kills dht. different mechanism then propecia. I used to use it before I crashed as well. it slightly lowered my libido I think in retrospect. I still have 2 huge bottles of it and never use it. Think I might throw it out so no one in my family is tempted
    I dare you to just pour the whole bottle on your head. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Setback

Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    I used that stuff all the time too but never noticed anything. Then again I was also on fin at the time... I’d be very surprised if you have actually set yourself back much just by using that once...
    I’m sensitive to most drugs sides. Those commercials where the guy quickly runs through the drugs potential side effects at the end (which I find hilarious most times) I ACTUALLY get hit with most of them..

Nizoral also does weird things to your liver. Could be a combination of those symptoms along with anti DHT getting me at the moment.

As long as I can get on with life & keep training, I’m cool..That’s literally all I care about, I was treating this like I had taken fin and I was in those days prior to crashing, but i don’t think I’m in such a situation. like Jacknap mentioned, it’s a Totally different mechanism..propecia & saw p are the Big dick suicide inhibitors for the most part..Highly doubt niz is in that category, but i wouldn’t rule it out.. I know freepressright had issues for a month on it (being hormonally sensitive sucks thread)

I’ll report back when I feel like everything is on track. My 3rd cycle is on July right after my 24th b day
    Last edited by RickTheRuler; 06-07-2019 at 02:32 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Damn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RTR, My money is on you being fine...The key is not to stress about it (guessing that won't be a problem for one of the more chill guys on this site). Here is a link to some natural replacements for anti-fungals from Dr. Axe. Use Antifungal Cream? 9 Natural Antifungal Remedies - Dr. Axe. I have found a lot off solid, pragmatic information to natural healing on his site. I seem to remember you mentioning a while back that you have a lot of skin issues...Guessing once you get your microbiome back in tip-top shape those will go way.
    Never lose your sense of humor

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have a huge bottle of Nizoral too that I never use anymore. Wonder if using nizoral for so long predisposed me to getting this garbage

Also I'm pretty sure it doesn't inhibit 5ar, it just blocks dht from binding to the androgen receptors on the scalp
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 06-08-2019 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Potential Setback

Had 3 random woods yesterday, slept 10 hrs last night. Had 1 or 2 erections thus far but did not wake up with one...Stool color isn’t yellow anymore (no liver issues, thank god) feeling better & going back to the baseline I was at in waves.. once I wake up with morning wood I know I’m there again. But as of now, can’t complain either. I tried my best to keep cool but this had me shook, If this ever happens again I’ll be fine, now I know how something like this goes down.

Thanks everyone. You guys make everything easier for me on the psychological side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Durantia37's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you had a decent setback. Everything you described sounds exactly like my setbacks. I would wait a couple months and see where you are. If you don't feel like you're moving in a good direction after a couple months, do a nice solid fast again and re-start. You don't necessarily have to go 21 days or whatever you did last time, but if you do another one, don't piddle around with a 5-day fast or some bullshit. I think these "half-cleanses" that people do after a setback are useless, and that's coming from experience.

Other than that, just keep going. Setbacks are a bitch, but you don't have a choice but to keep going. Everyone's different, but my setbacks ultimately took this form: the lows went back almost to the very beginning of the whole nightmare, but the highs stayed consistent with my previous baseline. In other words, you might be in for a ride, but just keep your head on, and you'll eventually be fine.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you'll be okay man at worst I think nizoral will hit you like 5 days. Yes if it's a really bad set backs you have the whole cleanse to fall back on for sure but I think you're okay sitting pretty at 70%. I'd look it more like a bad hang over.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.