User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healthiest body fat %?

A lot of hormonal issues are usually experienced when one's body fat gets too low, but how low is too low?
    In your opinion, what would you say is the optimal body fat % for health, hormones, longevity etc? (Roughly)

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healthiest body fat %?

Everyone’s different but low teens is my guess. 10-14%. The naturally lean and vascular guys are around 8 but they are the exception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    Everyone’s different but low teens is my guess. 10-14%. The naturally lean and vascular guys are around 8 but they are the exception.

Interesting, some people say as high as 15-20, and any lower is just for aesthetics

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healthiest body fat %?

Yeah, I was trying to give you a good medium between aesthetics and health lol. For sure under 10 is a no go.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe a healthy number is around 15 or a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I was trying to give you a good medium between aesthetics and health lol. For sure under 10 is a no go.

I was going to do the same....I think the best number in terms of that ratio would be probably 12-13%
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Healthiest body fat %?

Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I believe a healthy number is around 15 or a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

I was going to do the same....I think the best number in terms of that ratio would be probably 12-13%
    Carb backloading keeps you at healthy fat levels.. cause it’s not a super shredding diet.. but it keeps just enough fat off that a six pack is still visible while your gaining some size . Right in that 14-17% range when done right..
    Nothing like zero carb & dehydrating yourself for under 10%. That’s ridiculous

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Carb backloading keeps you at healthy fat levels.. cause it’s not a super shredding diet.. but it keeps just enough fat off that a six pack is still visible while your gaining some size . Right in that 14-17% range when done right..
    Nothing like zero carb & dehydrating yourself for under 10%. That’s ridiculous

Exactly.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to maintain 8% for years in my early 20s. I'm not sure what I am now because I lift heavier so probably put on some muscle but It's super hard to get that skinny now my hunger just forces me to do it. (I also used to maintain it by pounding coffee). My libido was still really high though at that level I guess because very little estrogen too from the low amounts of fat. I like the way my face looks when I'm skinny way more then just being huge. My sleep is pretty good these days but if I do the amount of coffee that I did back then my sleep often suffers.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    I used to maintain 8% for years in my early 20s. I'm not sure what I am now because I lift heavier so probably put on some muscle but It's super hard to get that skinny now my hunger just forces me to do it. (I also used to maintain it by pounding coffee). My libido was still really high though at that level I guess because very little estrogen too from the low amounts of fat. I like the way my face looks when I'm skinny way more then just being huge. My sleep is pretty good these days but if I do the amount of coffee that I did back then my sleep often suffers.
    I prefer my levels around 12-13 or so. The ripped look is nice, but it's too much to maintain and I don't think it's too healthy either. And I'm the opposite. I prefer the way my face looks when it's filled out a little more. When I'm too thin the angles are just too sharp.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I prefer my levels around 12-13 or so. The ripped look is nice, but it's too much to maintain and I don't think it's too healthy either. And I'm the opposite. I prefer the way my face looks when it's filled out a little more. When I'm too thin the angles are just too sharp.
    having an extra scoop of whey really curbs the hunger too and is a healthier way and pretty low calories. protein satiates a lot. I'm sure there's an easy way to maintain with the right strategy that's healthy. More water and whey definitely helps.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.