User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GOMAD

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 protein ounces of powder.. I need sleep too.

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Grape Ape's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to drink anywhere from 4-6 glasses of milk a day, or 1-2 glasses with every meal.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Eden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GOMAD got me from like 140-165, and was a large part of the reason I can eat more because after all the years of not eating enough my stomach was super tiny. However I know most people can't handle that much milk, it never bothered me thankfully.

I think the reason it's not mentioned as much when you get bigger is because when you're bigger you can handle just eating that amount of calories from solid foods, liquid calories is more for people who for whatever reason can't eat that many calories.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a really good point. It just baffled me that something so simple would just vanish once you got into lifting.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Established Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Rulk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never heard of GOMAD till I saw it on the internet. I think with all the fancy supplements, basics like GOMAD easily get lost in the shuffle.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    I think the reason it's not mentioned as much when you get bigger is because when you're bigger you can handle just eating that amount of calories from solid foods, liquid calories is more for people who for whatever reason can't eat that many calories.
    agreed, It is easier for novice bulkers to wrap their minds around a simple volume of measure like a gallon of milk than it is to say add 2000 calories to what you are all ready eating. I just recently grasped the concept of proper nutrition and now i feel like i have been doing myself a disservice for the past few decades.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cobalt, the PRAL of foods is supposed to influence bone health. the PRAL being a measure of how alkaline or acidic the food makes the body (or what its ash residue is). you are correct that the body does maintain blood pH in a narrow range (this is why those 'alkaline diets' are BS) but I do believe under certain circumstances calcium can leach from the bones to modify this value. i would think that milk wouldn't acidify the body, however, as its high calcium content should make it a negative PRAL.