Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GOMAD

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GOMAD

I get the concepts of the system, and I hear that it is recommended to younger people to get some weight packed on. Yet, once you get into lifting, you almost never hear anyone say anything about it. Why is that?

1 gallon of milk:
    Brand: PET
    Type: 2%
    Serving size: 1 cup
    Servings per container: 16
    (all numbers below are for a full gallon)
    Calories: 2080
    Calories from fat: 720
    Total Fat: 80g
    Sat. Fat: 48g
    Cholesterol: 3.2g
    Sodium: 2g
    Total Carbs: 192g
    Sugars: 192g
    Protein: 128g

I can see that 192g of carbs would be a no-go for cutting, but what about a bulking cycle? Everything seems pretty good, so why isn't it suggested as much?
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Super Moderator Feedback Score 0 burlyman30's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great way for skinny runts (like I used to be) to get some extra calories in. Liquid calories are always easier.

Taking that further, though, say... to your situation. I doubt you need an additional 2000 calories in your diet while on the upcoming cycle. Probably 1000 or so would do, and while there's nothing wrong with a glass or two of milk with each meal (which could add 500-1000 cals a day), there's nothing wrong with saving half the jug for the next day.

All that being said, as long as you aren't watching carbs, it's a fast easy way to increase calories for your day. I did GOMAD before it had a name, back in my early teens. Definitely worked for a guy with a runaway metabolism.
    All advice given is for entertainment value only. And it's free. Take it for what it's worth.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    I can see that 192g of carbs would be a no-go for cutting, but what about a bulking cycle? Everything seems pretty good, so why isn't it suggested as much?
    diarrhea shit storms and liquid farts come to mind. most people can't tolerate that much milk.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

Established Member Feedback Score 2 (100%) Coolazice's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    diarrhea shit storms and liquid farts come to mind. most people can't tolerate that much milk.
    Not with whatever crap they are putting in there nowadays to preserve milk and to get cows to produce more of it, no.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 AestheticOne's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the problem with it is my parents have ingrained into my brain that todays milk is actually really unhealthy for you and i forget but somewhere i read that milk actually is bad for you bones and doesnt help strengthen them like the old myth says... wonder if i can find that study again, ill go look around.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 1 (100%) Freepressright's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxiv View Post
    LMAO!

Ah, yes... The 'brown showers' and the 'quick trots' from excessive lactose consumption... peppering the underside of a toilet seat near you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones | Save Our Bones Here we go guys, give this a read if you haven't i thought it was interesting

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freepressright View Post
    LMAO!

Ah, yes... The 'brown showers' and the 'quick trots' from excessive lactose consumption... peppering the underside of a toilet seat near you!
    fecal buckshot... most unpleasant. I can handle just about anything, i can eat $20 worth of taco bell no problem. Anywhere close to a gallon of milk a day for more than a few days in a row can be disastrous.
    The spirit that I have seen may be the devil: and the devil hath power to assume a pleasing shape; yea, and perhaps out of my weakness and my melancholy, as he is very potent with such spirits, abuses me to damn me.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Cobalt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticOne View Post
    Debunking The Milk Myth: Why Milk Is Bad For You And Your Bones | Save Our Bones Here we go guys, give this a read if you haven't i thought it was interesting
    People who write up these things make me want to punch them in the face.
    Some of her facts are not only wrong, but the real facts are very skewed.

The only real source to anything in that write up was to one study that took 12+ years to do and was wildly flawed, because the people selected were only studied based on milk consumption and nothing else like OTHER foods eaten.
    If you can bench more than you can squat, you're doing it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt View Post
    People who write up these things make me want to punch them in the face.
    Some of her facts are not only wrong, but the real facts are very skewed.

The only real source to anything in that write up was to one study that took 12+ years to do and was wildly flawed, because the people selected were only studied based on milk consumption and nothing else like OTHER foods eaten.
    im curious as to whats wrong / skewed just cause i dont know anything about what milk does other then i dont drink it cause it gives me runny noses.... lol