Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smithy's Recovery

Hey,

I tried to do a water fast but i only lasted 72 hours before i started having issues with my vision and my speech. So I'm re-introducing food for one week before i start my juice fast.

Im very skeptical about trying the paleo diet after my juice fast because im a fairly skinny guy as it is and can't afford to lose anymore weight, Im trying to bulk up in the gym, and its looking next to impossible to do this without carbs. Or should i just go with the no gluten approach after my fast.

Can anyone can shed some light on this if they had any similar concerns themselves while trying to put on size in the gym with these diets ?

Cheers
    Smithy
    Last edited by Smithy; 12-05-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm naturally a skinny guy too, but you will gain weight if you get enough calories through fats like nuts, oils,eggs and meats and it will be good weight/muscle instead of water and fat filling your cells

You don't need carbs to gain weight, regardless you are still allowed to eat carbs through carb backloading after working out. Ideally after 7pm

Just make sure you Eat clean complex carbs that are gluten free and you will gain muscle and look shredded. You'll soon ask why you didn't try paleo sooner

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had extreme vision issues and could barely formulate a proper sentence during my 5 and a half day water fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Alchemy Cheers for the reply, so you are just having meals before 7pm consisting of meat and vegetables, nuts, fruits ?
    Last edited by Smithy; 11-20-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Turnover25 I know right, it was getting very bad for me. I was trying to talk to my girlfriend and i couldn't say some basic words, for example i was trying to say i would love some pizza but i couldn't say it properly, So she said maybe its time you had something to eat and i was like maybe your right. How did you feel after 5 days ?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    @Turnover25 I know right, it was getting very bad for me. I was trying to talk to my girlfriend and i couldn't say some basic words, for example i was trying to say i would love some pizza but i couldn't say it properly, So she said maybe its time you had something to eat and i was like maybe your right. How did you feel after 5 days ?
    It was honestly a pretty frightening experience, the world seemed surreal and I was in a dream like state, things looked distorted and I could barely speak or think. I pushed through it and that all went away. You’re just going to have to push through it, don’t be scared man. I’m a pretty severe case of mental sides and I had that experience from both my 5 and a half day water fast and same with my 7 day juice fast. Your body goes into ketosis and cleanses and you have to let it happen, it’s not gonna be used to it. I saw improvements from both fasts. Just push through and you’ll be alright

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also for what it’s worth, I’d recommend a water fast over juice feast. Sooooo much less work, easier, and during the water fast I felt a mental clarity I haven’t felt since childhood. The juice feast was a different story, I had crippling anxiety probably due to all of the sugars from the fruits. Everyone is probably different, but water fast all the way for me. A juice feast isn’t going to be a walk in the park either and it isn’t as cleansing. As for paleo, I’m gaining more weight in paleo than I was before due to fruits and potatoes, and nuts will gain a lot of weight (I personally don’t eat them cuz they make me worse), I wouldn’t veer from the paleo diet. It’s done massive improvements for me, and as soon as I cheat off it I get worse. Just follow the protocol my man, I had the same worries as you. There’s a reason CD laid it out this way.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    @Alchemy Cheers for the reply, so you are just having meals before 7pm consisting of meat and vegetables, nuts, fruits ?
    On workout days I try my best to just have the paleo style diet with limited carbs until workout. I don't think its the end of the world if you workout at midday or earlier in the evening and start carb backloading from there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Turnover25 Yeah I'm defiantly going to give the water fast another shot, i had a bad case of the man flu while i was doing it so i thought it was dangerous. Hopefully i can last longer next time around but i wanna try the juice fast next. Going to go in deep with the paleo diet after the fast and see how i get on. Cheers mate for the reply ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Alchemy Got it, Preferable leave carbs around your workout window. Do you include dairy ?