User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another PFS victim from 1mg finasteride (once)

Hi guys, i've been on propeciahelp but decided to move on here considering the chaos and negativity there is there.

It's been 35 days since my crash, a little about the backstory: I'm a norwood 1.5 (so much for being vain huh?), and decided to get on finasteride, which was obviously a stupid mistake, but no point looking back now. I took 1 mg finasteride and thought to myself, there's no way for sides right? Immediately 15 minutes after i felt a tingling sensation in my genitals, and a discomfort in my anus region, dick went a bit numb and i thought ok, it'll pass. Went to bed, bam. Sides were gone for 2 days.

So, 2 days after, i'm chilling as i always do late at night playing video games and eating unhealthy, i decided to grab a big fat plate of pasta and ketchup, and 4 hours later. My crash started and the world fell apart, the first thing occuring was the panic attack, slowly followed by temperatures changes in my body, cold flashes, hot flashes, numbness in certain parts of my body, nerve pain, muscle spasms, muscle pain, fatigue, derealization, everything. You name it.

Throughout these 5 weeks, my body has gone through a lot, and this whole experience has been metaphysical, many nights where my hormones would start to play up, i'd experience thoughts and physical feelings that just seemed, really messed up.

Thankfully, i'm doing better now, but i'm still far from recovered.

The sides i'm currently dealing with are:
    Nerve damage, the time i took Finasteride my motor nerves/sensory nerves were damaged, i had to manually pour water on my prostate to trigger my urination (i couldn't feel it) (Improved)

Same with my stool, i was constipated for 3 days, and the time i had to go, my body couldn't register it, it felt like something moving in my body with no sensation. (Improved)

Body sensitivity, i couldn't feel heat or cold or friction on my skin (Getting better, but not a it used to be)

My taste buds were completely MESSED UP, everything tasted different and of less, but thank god this is improving too.

The many weeks after my crash i would be sleeping in a zombie-like state, where my thoughts in my head would suddenly turn to dreams (I'd constantly wake up 6-7 times during a night's sleep, and each time i'd have a different dream). Many of my dreams were about someone dying in a very horror-ish way.

My scalp was numb for weeks, but the feeling is returning (although i don't feel any itch, as you'd normally do)

My skin is smooth, this applies to my face aswell, when i shave. I do not experience ANY itch, burns, NOTHING. It's smooth, and i've no idea if this is due to DHT, or downregulating of AR.

The worst side effects i'm experiencing right now is a 24/7 (brainfog), although this is not the typical PFS brainfog, this is more of a lightheadedness, and a slight dissociation. Sadly i don't remember if i had this the first weeks, because i was much more worried about everything else going on, but i'm suspecing it could be due to my thyroid T3/T4 levels being out of whack, or possibly the psychological toll of my crash, resulting in a long-lasting mechanism of defense?

And the other one is, sexual.. I have very little libido, (do have at night time), and minimal sensitivity down there.

I have't been able to get a full blood check-up yet, but will be calling on monday, all the doctors here are on vacation.

It's sad that many of us had to go through shit, many more than others, i do consider myself more lucky than others, although it' still a shit experience. I'm glad to see so many people recovering from this, you guys are amazing being able to endure it for years, and i hope to be one of them sooner or later. I'm not really depressed, or suffering from anhedonia. I can have fun, but i wan't to be myself 100%. I hope you guys can help me, i know this is no life to live forever, and the only option is recovering.

Regards!

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    totalmaleoptimization read the website CD made

you caught it early so can probably bounce back super fast if you hop on the protocol! I'd recommend even a 5 day water fast read all about the fasting whilst you do it and that made even recover you right there
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    totalmaleoptimization read the website CD made

you caught it early so can probably bounce back super fast if you hop on the protocol! I'd recommend even a 5 day water fast read all about the fasting whilst you do it and that made even recover you right there
    Thank you Jacnap, congratulations on your recovery. I've tried to stay on my own clean diet for a month, and although i've seen improvements, my sexual sides are still very off. I'll try to look at CDnuts protocol, it looks extreme with the water fast, but whatever it takes.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw your posts on PPH, I still went there veeery rarely to checkout experiences about certain micronutrients and stumbled upon your post. Actually the only one I read during the last month, and I was pretty stocked how you handled everything man.
    Wouldn't say you've been that "lucky". You've done the right steps right from the start, which probably kicked and allowed your body to heal itself to such a degree.

Keep it up and do the protocol, it'sa good place here man. You've already done a lot which helped you on your own, just keep going and add stuff thats written out here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, thank you. I try to stay optimistic. I think my case is mostly nerves that has been fucked, sensory nerves right now mostly. I pray to god that they'll recover and aren't permanently damaged. Every day i just hope to see a slight improvement in taste, it seems like a very very improvement, but sometimes it's pretty hard to handle.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yus View Post
    Hey man, thank you. I try to stay optimistic. I think my case is mostly nerves that has been fucked, sensory nerves right now mostly. I pray to god that they'll recover and aren't permanently damaged. Every day i just hope to see a slight improvement in taste, it seems like a very very improvement, but sometimes it's pretty hard to handle.
    Your nerves aren’t screwed up. You’ve got a systemic issue that is causing all systems to suffer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Your nerves aren’t screwed up. You’ve got a systemic issue that is causing all systems to suffer.
    Hey man, most likely you're right, i'm no expert whatsoever. I have been doing my own thing and slowly recovering in some aspects, or god knows if it's natural, but it doesn't seem to be enough. I'll be going under the protocol when my study starts (few weeks), since i have no money. Going to be great going to school with 5% libido and a limp dick, thank you Merck.
    Last edited by Yus; 07-28-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, i'm not sure if i should be posting it here, if i shouldn't then i apologize.

I'd like to hear if anyone has experienced an alteration in their taste buds? (less taste), that has improved? Would give me tremendous hope, thank you.

Regards
    Not taste buds, but I had no feeling on my WHOLE skin for awhile. ANYWHERE. I wouldn't get sore after doing heavy squats and deadlifts. My skin was covered in bedsheet markers/dents for 2 hours after waking up. I had extreme blurry vision. Tinnitus.
    It's really not something you like to hear in the beginning, ahaha I remember how I hated it XD. BUT as Maxout says you won't gonna fix specific symptoms since it's a systemic issue^^. You can read into stuff how to focus on liver/kidney/gallbladder health, cortisol, fight/flight, parasympathetic nervous-system. You probably will find one of these things not working right altering the taste of stuff.
    Last edited by Bankai9000; 07-29-2019 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Not taste buds, but I had no feeling on my WHOLE skin for awhile. ANYWHERE. I wouldn't get sore after doing heavy squats and deadlifts. My skin was covered in bedsheet markers/dents for 2 hours after waking up. I had extreme blurry vision. Tinnitus.
    It's really not something you like to hear in the beginning, ahaha I remember how I hated it XD. BUT as Maxout says you won't gonna fix specific symptoms since it's a systemic issue^^. You can read into stuff how to focus on liver/kidney/gallbladder health, cortisol, fight/flight, parasympathetic nervous-system. You probably will find one of these things not working right altering the taste of stuff.
    I experienced the whole skin feeling awell, and the muscle soreness started coming back with a slight fatique, but it's not that bad, can still exercise. And i have the skin dentures aswell after sleeping! Jesus christ haha, they seem to be fading away faster than before though.

I'll look in to it thanks!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, i've been on propeciahelp but decided to move on here considering the chaos and negativity there is there.

It's been 35 days since my crash, a little about the backstory: I'm a norwood 1.5 (so much for being vain huh?), and decided to get on finasteride, which was obviously a stupid mistake, but no point looking back now. I took 1 mg finasteride and thought to myself, there's no way for sides right? Immediately 15 minutes after i felt a tingling sensation in my genitals, and a discomfort in my anus region, dick went a bit numb and i thought ok, it'll pass. Went to bed, bam. Sides were gone for 2 days.

So, 2 days after, i'm chilling as i always do late at night playing video games and eating unhealthy, i decided to grab a big fat plate of pasta and ketchup, and 4 hours later. My crash started and the world fell apart, the first thing occuring was the panic attack, slowly followed by temperatures changes in my body, cold flashes, hot flashes, numbness in certain parts of my body, nerve pain, muscle spasms, muscle pain, fatigue, derealization, everything. You name it.

Throughout these 5 weeks, my body has gone through a lot, and this whole experience has been metaphysical, many nights where my hormones would start to play up, i'd experience thoughts and physical feelings that just seemed, really messed up.

Thankfully, i'm doing better now, but i'm still far from recovered.

The sides i'm currently dealing with are:
    Nerve damage, the time i took Finasteride my motor nerves/sensory nerves were damaged, i had to manually pour water on my prostate to trigger my urination (i couldn't feel it) (Improved)

Same with my stool, i was constipated for 3 days, and the time i had to go, my body couldn't register it, it felt like something moving in my body with no sensation. (Improved)

Body sensitivity, i couldn't feel heat or cold or friction on my skin (Getting better, but not a it used to be)

My taste buds were completely MESSED UP, everything tasted different and of less, but thank god this is improving too.

The many weeks after my crash i would be sleeping in a zombie-like state, where my thoughts in my head would suddenly turn to dreams (I'd constantly wake up 6-7 times during a night's sleep, and each time i'd have a different dream). Many of my dreams were about someone dying in a very horror-ish way.

My scalp was numb for weeks, but the feeling is returning (although i don't feel any itch, as you'd normally do)

My skin is smooth, this applies to my face aswell, when i shave. I do not experience ANY itch, burns, NOTHING. It's smooth, and i've no idea if this is due to DHT, or downregulating of AR.

The worst side effects i'm experiencing right now is a 24/7 (brainfog), although this is not the typical PFS brainfog, this is more of a lightheadedness, and a slight dissociation. Sadly i don't remember if i had this the first weeks, because i was much more worried about everything else going on, but i'm suspecing it could be due to my thyroid T3/T4 levels being out of whack, or possibly the psychological toll of my crash, resulting in a long-lasting mechanism of defense?

And the other one is, sexual.. I have very little libido, (do have at night time), and minimal sensitivity down there.

I have't been able to get a full blood check-up yet, but will be calling on monday, all the doctors here are on vacation.

It's sad that many of us had to go through shit, many more than others, i do consider myself more lucky than others, although it' still a shit experience. I'm glad to see so many people recovering from this, you guys are amazing being able to endure it for years, and i hope to be one of them sooner or later. I'm not really depressed, or suffering from anhedonia. I can have fun, but i wan't to be myself 100%. I hope you guys can help me, i know this is no life to live forever, and the only option is recovering.

Regards!
    Welcome.

Everything you need to get yourself sorted out is here.

Use the board for your reference.

Good luck.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"