User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BFR/Occlusion training

Does anyone know much about Blood Flow Restriction training or do it themselves and would like to share what you know or do?
    Is it safe/effective etc?
    Cheers

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Does anyone know much about Blood Flow Restriction training or do it themselves and would like to share what you know or do?
    Is it safe/effective etc?
    Cheers
    Very interesting! I've never even heard of that before.

How is your training otherwise? Are you in good shape?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Very interesting! I've never even heard of that before.

How is your training otherwise? Are you in good shape?
    I'd say pretty good, been training consistently for just over a year now without any injuries setting me back. Just currently trying to get my BF in the 12% range, ATM it's about 16%.

If you do any research on it please let me know!
    It seems it's mostly for isolation exercises and while you can just use bands or something to wrap around, you run the risk of it being too tight or not tight enough so potentially unsafe and not the same from workout to workout. So the specific cuffs would probably be better though aren't super cheap.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd say pretty good, been training consistently for just over a year now without any injuries setting me back. Just currently trying to get my BF in the 12% range, ATM it's about 16%.

If you do any research on it please let me know!
    It seems it's mostly for isolation exercises and while you can just use bands or something to wrap around, you run the risk of it being too tight or not tight enough so potentially unsafe and not the same from workout to workout. So the specific cuffs would probably be better though aren't super cheap.
    The more I read up on it (I have been since this post, lol) the more it seems like this is geared a bit more towards aesthetics and muscle size then anything else. I'm not a body builder per se' so it's something that I wouldn't bother doing as I have enough "weird" things I do in my life to add in anything else.

I can see the draw for some guys though. If you decide on doing it, keep us posted!
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The more I read up on it (I have been since this post, lol) the more it seems like this is geared a bit more towards aesthetics and muscle size then anything else. I'm not a body builder per se' so it's something that I wouldn't bother doing as I have enough "weird" things I do in my life to add in anything else.

I can see the draw for some guys though. If you decide on doing it, keep us posted!
    Yeah, it seems so, and I'm not sure I can find any benefits with it compared with regular training other than the ability to use much lighter weights (so great if injured or elderly) but it seems you don't get quite as much strength gains with it.

So I probably won't use it, but just found it interesting and like yourself had never heard of it until today, so thought I'd see if anyone on here had any experience with it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it seems so, and I'm not sure I can find any benefits with it compared with regular training other than the ability to use much lighter weights (so great if injured or elderly) but it seems you don't get quite as much strength gains with it.

So I probably won't use it, but just found it interesting and like yourself had never heard of it until today, so thought I'd see if anyone on here had any experience with it.
    Thanks for sharing.