User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry about the suppression. CD said he ran the original Androhard V3 (same ingredients as the transdermal AH) for up to 16 weeks with no suppression. I've done two cycles and had plenty of weeks where I had no libido at all, and never had any issues with suppression. It's up to you though whether you wanna keep going or drop it

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to post a quick update and maybe some of you might have some advice. A while ago I ordered some Super R Andro from eBay because I figured why not.
    I was on the herb rotation for about a month and a half and feeling pretty good but I felt like maybe progress had stalled.
    I went home for a stress free 2 week holiday break and decided to start the Super R Andro.
    I only had 1 bottle and I was taking 4 pills a day so it only lasted me 15 days, the length of the break. Anyways, by the end of the break I was feeling great. I would say recovered. I was able to go out, party and be horny as hell. I felt confident as well. The stuff worked way better than AndroHard in my opinion. I just ran out a couple of days ago and libido dropped. It’s not non-existent but its definitely not where it was on the cycle. I wish I had more and could run it for longer. I just ordered a bottle of AndroHard and am going to run it at the full dosage and see if it has a better effect on me this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been a while but I think I may have turned a corner in my recovery and I decided it may be worth checking in. Since the last time I posted I've ran 2 bottles of R Andro and a bottle of AndroHard. Again, the beginning of the cycle was great and then things taper off until libido is non-existent again.
    I got back on my rotation of herbs and continued with the protocol. I believe I ended the prohormone cycle around the time I began getting to work from home due to Covid-19. The weather here began to start warming up and I was able to sleep in every morning, wake up and go lay outside to meditate in the sun. This is where things started to slowly get better for me.

Side Note:
    I strongly believe as others do, that the key to recovery is helping the body become resilient again to stress so that it can recover. A couple years into PFS I fully recovered for a week when I was on a 3 week long vacation where I had no external stressors in my life and I spent a lot of time out relaxing on the beach. When that vacation ended and I went back to everyday life, symptoms began to return.

This led me to the following hypothesis. To allow our brains to recover to their pre PFS state, increasing BDNF plays an instrumental role. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor is the protein the brain uses to regrow synapses allowing the brain to grow/heal. Chronic stress keeps BDNF low, not allowing our brains to recover, keeping us locked in this endless cycle of chronic stress.

Adaptogens and meditation are shown to increase BDNF. The following website details BDNF and the many things that help increase it. https://selfhacked.com/blog/a-compre...increase-bdnf/
    Bacopa, Gotu Kola, Theanine, Rhodiola and interestingly enough Fo-Ti (He Shou Who) have all been linked to increased BDNF (All things that have been credited helpful for people who have recovered)

About a month ago I decided to start using Semax to see if it might speed up my progress. Semax has been shown to increase BDNF up to 800%. While using it I continued taking the herbs and Pine Pollen daily to keep my hormone levels high.
    I can't say for sure if it is the reason the last week or so has been trending up for me but I thought I would share my theory and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. This week I've been way hornier than usual and I do feel like I have been more resilient to stress. Whether or not that is just in my head, I don't know.

Here is a research paper that I found linking Increased BDNF to Stress Resilience https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-019-0639-2

Let me know your thoughts...

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 Rafenk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafenk View Post
    Makes sense as to why people attribute fasts to feeling better.

I'm guessing that in order to recover the 5 AR enzymes in the brain, BDNF needs to be high along with DHT/Androgens. This is why I am keeping up with the daily herbs, pine pollen and Glycine before bed while on Semax. I've also taken Butea Superba out of my rotation and started taking it daily which I believe has helped tremendously.
    I wonder if using Semax while on a heavy prohormone cycle would speed up recovery even more...

Btw, I feel great today too. This is probably the longest I've gone with feeling steadily better and better each day. Fingers crossed

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds similar to how I felt near the end of my journey. Continuous steps up with no “retraces”. Best of luck, man.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlucchi View Post
    It's been a while but I think I may have turned a corner in my recovery and I decided it may be worth checking in. Since the last time I posted I've ran 2 bottles of R Andro and a bottle of AndroHard. Again, the beginning of the cycle was great and then things taper off until libido is non-existent again.
    I got back on my rotation of herbs and continued with the protocol. I believe I ended the prohormone cycle around the time I began getting to work from home due to Covid-19. The weather here began to start warming up and I was able to sleep in every morning, wake up and go lay outside to meditate in the sun. This is where things started to slowly get better for me.

Side Note:
    I strongly believe as others do, that the key to recovery is helping the body become resilient again to stress so that it can recover. A couple years into PFS I fully recovered for a week when I was on a 3 week long vacation where I had no external stressors in my life and I spent a lot of time out relaxing on the beach. When that vacation ended and I went back to everyday life, symptoms began to return.

This led me to the following hypothesis. To allow our brains to recover to their pre PFS state, increasing BDNF plays an instrumental role. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor is the protein the brain uses to regrow synapses allowing the brain to grow/heal. Chronic stress keeps BDNF low, not allowing our brains to recover, keeping us locked in this endless cycle of chronic stress.

Adaptogens and meditation are shown to increase BDNF. The following website details BDNF and the many things that help increase it. https://selfhacked.com/blog/a-compre...increase-bdnf/
    Bacopa, Gotu Kola, Theanine, Rhodiola and interestingly enough Fo-Ti (He Shou Who) have all been linked to increased BDNF (All things that have been credited helpful for people who have recovered)

About a month ago I decided to start using Semax to see if it might speed up my progress. Semax has been shown to increase BDNF up to 800%. While using it I continued taking the herbs and Pine Pollen daily to keep my hormone levels high.
    I can't say for sure if it is the reason the last week or so has been trending up for me but I thought I would share my theory and I'll keep everyone updated on my progress. This week I've been way hornier than usual and I do feel like I have been more resilient to stress. Whether or not that is just in my head, I don't know.

Here is a research paper that I found linking Increased BDNF to Stress Resilience https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-019-0639-2

Let me know your thoughts...
    I have to say i think controlling stress is one of the major keys to this. My guess would be that atleast 50% of guys recovering need to control stress to recover as one of the first steps. Stress not only affects the brain but also many hormonal glands in the body. Too much Stress may also be blocking nutrient absorption in the digestive system.

Controlling stress has been a major turning point in my journey so far. Big improvements came soon after!

Keep it up man!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulk Smash View Post
    I have to say i think controlling stress is one of the major keys to this. My guess would be that atleast 50% of guys recovering need to control stress to recover as one of the first steps. Stress not only affects the brain but also many hormonal glands in the body. Too much Stress may also be blocking nutrient absorption in the digestive system.

Controlling stress has been a major turning point in my journey so far. Big improvements came soon after!

Keep it up man!
    100% When our adrenal glands are working overtime to secrete cortisol, they aren't able to properly supply the body with the other sex hormones it needs. I believe the cascade of problems that cause the symptoms of PFS (or at least the libido and mental ones) are this,
    Finasteride fucks up your brain making you very sensitive to stress.
    In turn your adrenals crash due to the amount of cortisol they are being asked to produce.
    Too much cortisol causes a whole host of issues from blood sugar to digestive problems. The longer you go like this, the worse you get. Over time, your body likely normalizes the weird hormonal state it is in.

Meditation, cold showers, breathing exercises, and adaptogens are key to recovery. CD obviously figured it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a question concerning the andromeda's hard cycle. Since it says on the the packing to keep away from children and pregnant women, how should one be careful with it? Is it dangerous only when those people's skin get in direct contact with it, or also with a 'contaminated' T-shirt for example? Do you have any advice for it? Thank you.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stopfin View Post
    I have a question concerning the andromeda's hard cycle. Since it says on the the packing to keep away from children and pregnant women, how should one be careful with it? Is it dangerous only when those people's skin get in direct contact with it, or also with a 'contaminated' T-shirt for example? Do you have any advice for it? Thank you.
    I would just make sure they didn’t rub it on them by accident if they live with you. After the first hour or so I think you’re fine as far as cross contaminating by contact goes.