Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Workout length?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workout length?

It's not mentioned on TMO but I've seen some guys touch on it in some posts, so was just wondering the general opinion on length of workouts and does it matter? Mostly regarding avoiding excessive cortisol therefore less testosterone. I personally try to stay around 1 hour, sometimes it may go a little longer like 1:15.
    Also I assume this doesn't include the warmup etc, but what about less demanding things like calf raises at the end of a workout. And what about setting up for a new exercise lol, how does that factor into your time at the gym.
    Hope this makes sense, I'm pretty tired today so forgive me, but would love to hear your opinions on this.
    Last edited by Benq123; 07-27-2019 at 09:46 AM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It takes me no more than 45 minutes to do my whole workout these days. I don’t really powerlift anymore. I only take thirty second rests, and usually ten minutes of my workout is rowing on a C2 after my five or six workouts for the day.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    read a study that after 45 minutes Testosterone goes down and cortisol up. Below 45 minutes TEstosterone gets boosted

My workouts are about 45 minutes and I do twice a week Eg) Monday & Thursday and then I'll do yoga somewhere in between that too + tons of walking
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ same

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workout length?

I deff workout too long.
    Powerlifting& Olympic lifts require more rest Time.

After I do these lifts I do more bodybuilding burnout stuff as a finisher. About 2 hrs total

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRuler View Post
    I deff workout too long.
    Powerlifting& Olympic lifts require more rest Time.

After I do these lifts I do more bodybuilding burnout stuff as a finisher. About 2 hrs total

Seems to be working though dude. Maybe the 60 min thing is a myth and it's actually about total volume. Cheers for replies guys.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he's on cycle though too so those rules don't apply. arnold worked out 4 hours a day on roids + 6 hour sleep
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jacknap View Post
    he's on cycle though too so those rules don't apply. arnold worked out 4 hours a day on roids + 6 hour sleep
    Are those prohormones really that potent though? I thought they'd just get a PFS guy back to a regular guy.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Workout length?

People have different experiences with them.

For me, I feel better than whatever baseline I’m naturally at on cycle, not normal. Normal is 90-100%. Which is basically not having PFS.

say your baseline is 30%, the prohormones jolt you up to like 50%, after the cycle you come down to like 35%.... all this while the whole upswing/downswing thing we’re all familiar with is going on. it’s just at higher baseline, it’s not like you don’t have pfs when your on cycle. Had you never took prohormones & stood on herbs you would’ve got the 5% improvement regardless, it just would’ve took longer.. all roids do is speed up all your body’s processes.. in our case pfs recovery.

I do feel the pumps and strength bumps on this cycle though for the first time. So this tells you that not all cycles are amazing and hit you good. I recall CD saying that a while back.

Of course when your 100% you’ll feel the full effect and potency of the prohormones

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    It's not mentioned on TMO but I've seen some guys touch on it in some posts, so was just wondering the general opinion on length of workouts and does it matter? Mostly regarding avoiding excessive cortisol therefore less testosterone. I personally try to stay around 1 hour, sometimes it may go a little longer like 1:15.
    Also I assume this doesn't include the warmup etc, but what about less demanding things like calf raises at the end of a workout. And what about setting up for a new exercise lol, how does that factor into your time at the gym.
    Hope this makes sense, I'm pretty tired today so forgive me, but would love to hear your opinions on this.
    I would keep it under an hour for the sake of the things you mentioned, especially in the beginning.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"