Thread: Sleep Problems

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep Problems

Hey everyone,

Suffering from a couple of PFS symptoms mainly issues with sleep(causing a speech impediment) and muscle twitches all over my body. This all started about a year ago when I took finasteride for two weeks. The first problem was violent twitching in my legs after that my sleep went to shit. I was unable to fall asleep and when I did it was non restful. It was during this time I started smoking marijuana which helped. But then my body adapted and I was having the same issues. I tried Cds protocool with ziziphus and albizia. I also rotated with ashwa for a night. It worked for a bit but now my sleep has gotten worse. My issue seems to be the inability to reach the REM stage of sleep causing me to feel fatigued when I wake up. Does anyone have stories of fixing this? Willing to try anything at this point. My libido and penis function fine it's just these other symptoms that are killing me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I’ve read sleep can be one of the things that takes the longest to return to normal. Honestly just going to bed around 10 and getting up around 6 along with diet, and lifting while just giving it time is the best thing you can do. One thing that’s helped with insomnia and getting to fall asleep is CBD gummies that I take right before bed and it knocks me out most of the time. That and meditating right before bed helps, but the REM thing is sort of out of your control. Try and control what you can control and put your body in the best position to heal itself (Albizia didn’t really do anything for me either btw)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The glycine really helps me fall asleep quickly at 3g. The issue for me is staying asleep and deep sleep. I actually think for me, and for many of us, this is actually a gut / vagus nerve thing. So I think following protocol, avoiding inflammatory foods, keeping your gut happy and good sleep hygiene as mentioned will go a long way.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, cold showers before bed helped the most for sleep. Also, you could try the Ziziphus herb from LEH. It definitely makes me sleep deeper too.

Make sure you're following the outlined regimen in the meantime though.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually going against the grain and I usually don't do any warm showers at all anymore, but when I really need sleep I take a slight warm shower with lavender gel like 20minutes before going to bed. Cold showers hype me up af, and I don't "cool down" afterwards enough to sleep

My sleep is still extreme shiet, especially since I rarely feel tired(mind) and since I work for myself I already had problems with going on set times to bed before crash(nightowl). But this helps me to just relax and fall asleep easier.
    Still can't figure out what keeps me asleep.
    Weed fuks up your cortisol, and is a 5ar inhibitor too if I'm not wrong. Def not a good thing in PFS or even no-pfs long term. (Am doing myself tons of stuff that is awful, just pointing it out xd)

Sleeping from 23-01am is very beneficial due to circadian rythms and deep sleep, even getting these 2 hours only seems to be really important. (Never can do it myself xd)

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwaganda helps me with deep sleeping - Otherwise i have tons of REM sleep with frequent waking up

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Albizia is the strongest sleep herb going. It taste god awful though. No pain no gain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sullyvander View Post
    From what I’ve read sleep can be one of the things that takes the longest to return to normal. Honestly just going to bed around 10 and getting up around 6 along with diet, and lifting while just giving it time is the best thing you can do. One thing that’s helped with insomnia and getting to fall asleep is CBD gummies that I take right before bed and it knocks me out most of the time. That and meditating right before bed helps, but the REM thing is sort of out of your control. Try and control what you can control and put your body in the best position to heal itself (Albizia didn’t really do anything for me either btw)
    Avoid CBD. It's a libido killer. Last thing guys on this board need to deal with. It's unfortunate, because it works well in all other areas, it's just no good in the dick department for MOST men.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Libido hasn’t been an issue for me. I wake up with hard morning wood most of days of the week, and I’ve been on CBD for the last 2 months mostly cause of stress and anxiety from my cognitive impairment/brain fog.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sleep Problems

Is morning wood a good measurement for libido with pfs though?

For me, i get them if i reach REM. If I’m dreaming, whatever the dream is, i get them. It could be a damn nightmare and I’ll get one.

I remember entropy mentioning that he recovered but doesn’t get morning wood like that.

I don’t get them during the week cause I sleep like a New Yorker, 5-6 hrs.. but when I take naps after work and sleep during the weekend (8-10 hrs) I get the wood..

CD you was talking about how people naturally have 2 phases of sleep, sometimes I’d wake up around 7:30 am for like 5 minutes, but when I sleep again, THAT sleep is crazy deep like a rock, drooling out my mouth, morning wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    I'm actually going against the grain and I usually don't do any warm showers at all anymore, but when I really need sleep I take a slight warm shower with lavender gel like 20minutes before going to bed. Cold showers hype me up af, and I don't "cool down" afterwards enough to sleep

My sleep is still extreme shiet, especially since I rarely feel tired(mind) and since I work for myself I already had problems with going on set times to bed before crash(nightowl). But this helps me to just relax and fall asleep easier.
    Still can't figure out what keeps me asleep.
    Weed fuks up your cortisol, and is a 5ar inhibitor too if I'm not wrong. Def not a good thing in PFS or even no-pfs long term. (Am doing myself tons of stuff that is awful, just pointing it out xd)

Sleeping from 23-01am is very beneficial due to circadian rythms and deep sleep, even getting these 2 hours only seems to be really important. (Never can do it myself xd)
    Skip the lavender. It's no bueno for testosterone. Especially if it's in the form of a transdermal solution. And in the future, if you're not sure, you could always run it by the forum before using it if it's not on TMO so that you can avoid any potential set backs.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"