User Tag List

Thread: My Journey

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Journey

Hey all, been lingering around for a while but only now decided to post. I believe that I have been afflicted with PFS as much as I don't like to admit it. I took fin last summer (summer 2018) from May to around October. I didn't get any side effects thankfully but stopped as I forgot to refill my prescription... as silly as that sounds, I just forgot. I was using Keeps and decided to ask my doctor for a prescription as it would be cheaper around Feb of 2019. It was strange but I got awful anxiety from it a few days after and then stopped taking it. After about a week I was feeling back to normal thankfully. I knew that there were adverse reactions to the drug but it didn't happen to me.

As precursor to this story, it's worthwhile noting that I suffered a concussion back in Jan of 2018 and casued depression and lost confidence from it. This April I decided to try Fin again as I was finally starting to feel excellent after suffering a concussion and the curve ball that that threw at me. I knew that I had a strange reaction to it before but decided to try it again. I was feeling FANTASTIC as a 22 year old loving life before taking it and happy for the first time in a while. It was so strange, after taking it for three days I felt this strange dumbing depression that was unlike I had ever felt before. I had dealt with depression in the past, namely from the concussion, but never like this. It's hard to explain how it felt, almost as if the life was being sucked out of me. A few days after this I decided to cease taking the Fin and felt as if it would just ride out. The biggest thing to happen was my sleep; my sleep had diminished to almost nothing. Although I had sleep trouble from my concussion, it was nothing like this. It was slowly chipping away at me. Over the course of June things had progressed into getting worse, not only with sleeping, but with anxiety, depression, and not feeling like me, which is very scary. The anxiety would be damning and make it hard for me to think straight. I would wake up with anxiety and panic attacks and feel it in my hands, stomach and feet. Over the course of Jul, things slowly started to get better. Some things got better and some things got worse, overall it was scary stuff!

I'm a relatively positive person, if course I recognize the bad in my life, but I'm always on the positive side of things. Throughout July I would have days were I felt fantastic and almost better, but still the feelings are there. It's now end of Aug and things HAVE for sure gotten better, but there are still things that I can work on. My anxiety has gotten a lot better, my sleep has gotten EONS better, I no longer have damning head pressure, I feel as if my inner monologue has returned. I still have things that I want to improve, such as not feeling like myself at times. Thats for sure one of the most scary things is not feeling like yourself. It's like a strange disassociation with reality at times. There are days, sometimes strings of days where I feel 85-90 percent better, but the lows are tough. Much of my feeling better defiantly has to do with sleeping better and eating better, and this is making me want to jump in to the CDNUTS protocol. I have an issue with motivation in this state so it's been hard for me to commit, but me getting my act together and posting on here, its my goal to start my journey to feeling like I KNOW I can feel.

I know that this is an insanely long post haha and but I felt like I needed to get my story on the table. It's so hard for me to be happy of the improvements that I have made when things are still not "normal". I wish everyone good luck with dealing with this and am excited to start my journey into feeling better.

-cyclingTY

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cycingTY View Post
    Hey all, been lingering around for a while but only now decided to post. I believe that I have been afflicted with PFS as much as I don't like to admit it. I took fin last summer (summer 2018) from May to around October. I didn't get any side effects thankfully but stopped as I forgot to refill my prescription... as silly as that sounds, I just forgot. I was using Keeps and decided to ask my doctor for a prescription as it would be cheaper around Feb of 2019. It was strange but I got awful anxiety from it a few days after and then stopped taking it. After about a week I was feeling back to normal thankfully. I knew that there were adverse reactions to the drug but it didn't happen to me.

As precursor to this story, it's worthwhile noting that I suffered a concussion back in Jan of 2018 and casued depression and lost confidence from it. This April I decided to try Fin again as I was finally starting to feel excellent after suffering a concussion and the curve ball that that threw at me. I knew that I had a strange reaction to it before but decided to try it again. I was feeling FANTASTIC as a 22 year old loving life before taking it and happy for the first time in a while. It was so strange, after taking it for three days I felt this strange dumbing depression that was unlike I had ever felt before. I had dealt with depression in the past, namely from the concussion, but never like this. It's hard to explain how it felt, almost as if the life was being sucked out of me. A few days after this I decided to cease taking the Fin and felt as if it would just ride out. The biggest thing to happen was my sleep; my sleep had diminished to almost nothing. Although I had sleep trouble from my concussion, it was nothing like this. It was slowly chipping away at me. Over the course of June things had progressed into getting worse, not only with sleeping, but with anxiety, depression, and not feeling like me, which is very scary. The anxiety would be damning and make it hard for me to think straight. I would wake up with anxiety and panic attacks and feel it in my hands, stomach and feet. Over the course of Jul, things slowly started to get better. Some things got better and some things got worse, overall it was scary stuff!

I'm a relatively positive person, if course I recognize the bad in my life, but I'm always on the positive side of things. Throughout July I would have days were I felt fantastic and almost better, but still the feelings are there. It's now end of Aug and things HAVE for sure gotten better, but there are still things that I can work on. My anxiety has gotten a lot better, my sleep has gotten EONS better, I no longer have damning head pressure, I feel as if my inner monologue has returned. I still have things that I want to improve, such as not feeling like myself at times. Thats for sure one of the most scary things is not feeling like yourself. It's like a strange disassociation with reality at times. There are days, sometimes strings of days where I feel 85-90 percent better, but the lows are tough. Much of my feeling better defiantly has to do with sleeping better and eating better, and this is making me want to jump in to the CDNUTS protocol. I have an issue with motivation in this state so it's been hard for me to commit, but me getting my act together and posting on here, its my goal to start my journey to feeling like I KNOW I can feel.

I know that this is an insanely long post haha and but I felt like I needed to get my story on the table. It's so hard for me to be happy of the improvements that I have made when things are still not "normal". I wish everyone good luck with dealing with this and am excited to start my journey into feeling better.

-cyclingTY

Shittt, you're one of the only ones who said the words that i was looking for.. Not fucking feeling like myself, glad you're on board man, hope you recover from it soon.
    It's a fucking frightful experience, although i feel like myself a bit more, than previously.. It's hard to tell, but fuck me man, i'm glad to hear you've got it better.