Threaded View

New Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to come off of Fin to minimize PFS effects

Hi all,

I am a newcomer to this thread. In fact, to any internet forum.

Here's the situation:
    -33 years old
    -been on Fin for 15 years or so (generic and proscar)
    -stopped taking it a few weeks ago for the first time because I don't want to be on it while having kids
    -10 days without it, noticed a sharp drop in libido (30-50% of norm) and gonads shrank a bit..
    -After 2 weeks off, re-started it with half doses to regain libido and taper off.. 2 weeks back in and libido is steady around 50% of norm

I have had the following issues while on fin (I did not know what the cause was until reading your posts) in the past 2 years or so:
    - testicular pain and swelling/rashing for a brief period: saw 6 urologists but no one knew what the source was. went away
    - panic attack: went to the ER bc thought I was dying, first and hopefully last panic attack
    - diagnosed with depression and anxiety- not sure if this is genetic or bc of the fin, but Im extremely anxious
    - chest fat: I have had an extra layer of fat around my nipples no matter how much I workout

My question is this:
    - From your experience, what's the best way to handle coming off of it?
    - Is it possible to have healthy children while off of it after using it for so long?

My Dr doesn't know jack shit, as expected, and cited the Merck statistics of 2% side effects.. and even jokingly recommended I go back on it.

Thanks!

The Bobcat
    Last edited by bobcat404; 09-13-2019 at 02:33 PM.