Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Good.

And good for you for already feeling the magic.
    This may be a stupid question, but on this forum I'd like to think that for the most part there's no such thing as a stupid question, given how surreal this shit is anyways. How do you feel about riding a bicycle during recovery? My favorite hobby is riding my bike around for 5-10 miles or so, nothing crazy just brisk riding. I wonder because I know that TMO says that running shouldn't be included in recovery, only HIIT. Im not talking about replacing heavy weights or HIIT either, just riding when I get bored or to get some sun exposure.

Also, is there a consensus on soy? I actively avoid it. But I've heard mixed things about what it does to hormones, about estrogen in particular. I'm wondering because I noticed that my avocado cooking spray contained soy so I tossed it.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 02-07-2020 at 01:58 PM.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    @Maxout777 I was just reading a little bit about backloading and noticed John Kiefer talked about skipping breakfast and only having some coffee in the mornings with some MCT oil mixed in. Isn’t that what you did during recovery?
    Yep, did Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and still do till this day.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This may be a stupid question, but on this forum I'd like to think that for the most part there's no such thing as a stupid question, given how surreal this shit is anyways. How do you feel about riding a bicycle during recovery? My favorite hobby is riding my bike around for 5-10 miles or so, nothing crazy just brisk riding. I wonder because I know that TMO says that running shouldn't be included in recovery, only HIIT. Im not talking about replacing heavy weights or HIIT either, just riding when I get bored or to get some sun exposure.

Also, is there a consensus on soy? I actively avoid it. But I've heard mixed things about what it does to hormones, about estrogen in particular. I'm wondering because I noticed that my avocado cooking spray contained soy so I tossed it.
    No stupid questions, correct. Well.....to a point......lol.

Nothing wrong with riding your bike brother. When I say running shouldn't be included, that's taken out of context. Running shouldn't be used as the sole form of exercise is more like it. When it comes to sports or hobbies, ALL activity is good activity. When it comes to getting in shape though, there are specific ways of going about it to get the most bang for your buck, so to speak.

Avoid soy like the plague.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No stupid questions, correct. Well.....to a point......lol.

Nothing wrong with riding your bike brother. When I say running shouldn't be included, that's taken out of context. Running shouldn't be used as the sole form of exercise is more like it. When it comes to sports or hobbies, ALL activity is good activity. When it comes to getting in shape though, there are specific ways of going about it to get the most bang for your buck, so to speak.

Avoid soy like the plague.
    Awesome. Thanks as always, my man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Yep, did Bulletproof coffee for breakfast and still do till this day.
    What made you decide to start doing that? I've been thinking of doing the same, wondering what sort of benefits you noticed from it?

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. Thanks as always, my man.

- - - Updated - - -

What made you decide to start doing that? I've been thinking of doing the same, wondering what sort of benefits you noticed from it?
    Increased metabolism and energy in the mornings. I’ve always drank coffee anyway, this seems to take the stress response away with coffee, plus gives you that mental energy and enough calories to get you till lunch and be low carb.

You can also add Lion’s Mane to it before mixing and get the benefits of that in the coffee. Take a swish of water to down some bacopa and gotu kola and then drink the coffee and you’ll be in for mental bliss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Increased metabolism and energy in the mornings. I’ve always drank coffee anyway, this seems to take the stress response away with coffee, plus gives you that mental energy and enough calories to get you till lunch and be low carb.

You can also add Lion’s Mane to it before mixing and get the benefits of that in the coffee. Take a swish of water to down some bacopa and gotu kola and then drink the coffee and you’ll be in for mental bliss.
    Apparently also, the butter helps to slow release the caffeine, so you get more sustained energy rather than a big rise and fall.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are you doing? I started herbs today. I noted that you had an initially bad experience with the herbs, and then things got better. Has that trend continued?

I didn’t think this was possible, but I took 1 tbsp of pine pollen and 1/2 tsp of cistanche this morning, and I already feel way worse. Most of my hallmark sides (difficulty speaking out loud, thinking, hourglass shape dick, you name it) all resurfaced after a nice trend upwards this week. I know the name of the game here, but I’m feeling a little deterred considering how good I was feeling before I took the herbs.

Hope all the best, looking forward to your update.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    How are you doing? I started herbs today. I noted that you had an initially bad experience with the herbs, and then things got better. Has that trend continued?

I didn’t think this was possible, but I took 1 tbsp of pine pollen and 1/2 tsp of cistanche this morning, and I already feel way worse. Most of my hallmark sides (difficulty speaking out loud, thinking, hourglass shape dick, you name it) all resurfaced after a nice trend upwards this week. I know the name of the game here, but I’m feeling a little deterred considering how good I was feeling before I took the herbs.

Hope all the best, looking forward to your update.
    I’m doing alright man. So with the herbs, you’re gonna fluctuate up and down. There was a few herbs that I tried a few times then binned because I reacted poorly, but sometimes one herb will make me feel good then make me feel bad. I think your body is fluctuating in itself and not just the effect of the herb. I have random sides resurface then go back away. Keep I’m keeping on brother. Personally I wouldn’t go back to life without the herbs.

Also, my bad days (for now) are definitely worse since starting herbs. But my good days are also better. I’ll take that over life before the herbs, I didn’t feel anything. Not really bad, but not good. I had some of the same thoughts you just said, but think about it, was it REALLY that much easier to get words out before you started? And your thinking was where you wanted it? Probably not. So downswings are just a price to pay to make the investment of getting your life back my man.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 02-11-2020 at 06:29 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I’m more concerned about the pine pollen. It sounds like most guys have nothing but good things to say about it, but I felt like shit after taking 1/2 tbsp in the morning, very slowly started to return to somewhat normal, took another 1/2 tbsp in the late afternoon pre-workout, and with it 45 mins was worse than I was in the morning. Did you have experiences like this with PP or should I backburner it and just continue with other herbs? I know some of these take a while for benefits, but my reaction was pretty quick and pretty negative.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Yeah, I’m more concerned about the pine pollen. It sounds like most guys have nothing but good things to say about it, but I felt like shit after taking 1/2 tbsp in the morning, very slowly started to return to somewhat normal, took another 1/2 tbsp in the late afternoon pre-workout, and with it 45 mins was worse than I was in the morning. Did you have experiences like this with PP or should I backburner it and just continue with other herbs? I know some of these take a while for benefits, but my reaction was pretty quick and pretty negative.
    You could possibly be allergic to it. It's a very small possibility. Most men have nothing but good things to say about this herb, myself included.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"