User Tag List

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I first crashed a year and a half ago I had double vision and couldn't look at screens or people because I would see multiple images. I couldn't focus on anything. It was terrifying!!! I have completely recovered from that though. I still have eye floaters and my peripheral vision is still a little off. But it is all slowly improving. To answer your question though, no, even on the good days I still have eye floaters. But it's so unimportant to me that I still consider those days 100%.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alphacfi View Post
    When I first crashed a year and a half ago I had double vision and couldn't look at screens or people because I would see multiple images. I couldn't focus on anything. It was terrifying!!! I have completely recovered from that though. I still have eye floaters and my peripheral vision is still a little off. But it is all slowly improving. To answer your question though, no, even on the good days I still have eye floaters. But it's so unimportant to me that I still consider those days 100%.
    A few weeks ago I tried to start taking turmeric for neuroinflammation and I began seeing double, especially while reading. It’s a 5ar inhibitor, not sure if that’s the reason but that’s the only time that’s ever happened to me.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Makes sense! I had that in the beginning as well, but that naturally went away with time. I remember it felt completely out of body. Like life was slow motion. That vastly improved simply with time, but I’m still left with eye focusing issues, shaky vision, eye floaters, etc, but you’re point is the same one that I am making. Sometimes we have to accept that we won’t heal 100 percent, and that’s okay. Like you, I can live with some of the more minor stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone here say carb backloading is essential for recovery? I personally feel better eating carbs (oatmeal) in the AM and I haven’t been backloading in a while. Also doing great.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I’m beginning to think that my vision/dizziness is a different symptom than my brain fog, recently I’ve had more and more occurrences where my thoughts and memories return but I’ll be dizzy and my vision will be all glossy, especially after taking vitamins or doing HIIT. But when I have my thoughts available, the sensation is more like when you’re a kid and do a bunch of spins and become dizzy. It’s much more bearable when my thoughts are flowing. Put the 2 together where I have dementia type brain fog with zero memory or working memory, and dizzy vision, it creates quite a nasty fucking combo. I spent over a year like that. The dizziness is kinda like there’s an anchor making my thoughts and vision heavy and sludgy. My vision isn’t always messed up either, but it gets aggravated by different things. But yeah I believe they are 2 different symptoms, I used to think everyone’s brain fog was like this but I think it’s just the combination of the 2 for me.

@xxaleksi didn’t you have the same vision/dizziness issue after exercise before your first pro hormone cycle?

Also forgot to mention in last update, but I’ve started dreaming again.
    I'm just now seeing this - but yeah, I definitely had that pretty badly. Cold showers made my vision/neuro symptoms worse too. What motivated me was reading how English had similar issues and he just pushed through. They eventually went away for him. Mine got better during my first cycle, and completely went away after the cycle was finished.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    I'm just now seeing this - but yeah, I definitely had that pretty badly. Cold showers made my vision/neuro symptoms worse too. What motivated me was reading how English had similar issues and he just pushed through. They eventually went away for him. Mine got better during my first cycle, and completely went away after the cycle was finished.
    Thanks brother. I am going to jump on my first cycle in a few weeks, hoping that it does some wonders for me. I honestly feel like I would be recovered if this part went away.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, little update. I have been doing better than ever before, a game changer for me was adding in methylfolate with methyl-B12 and a B complex twice a day, if you're like me and have MTHFR C677T, your body can't process folic acid (vitamin B9) and needs the methylated version. I saw some people who crashed by taking methyls on propeciahelp (I also did) and have studied their stories, every single one of them either only took methylB12 or Methylfolate by itself, this is going to cause you to crash HARD due to them needing to feed off of each other to work properly, eventually leading to nasty deficiencies, especially potassium. There was a study that showed fin users had methylated cells or something, due to my experience and crash back in March, I have a theory that fin causes your body to methylate and this creates massive vitamin or mineral deficiencies, which if it is a functional folate deficiency, or "methyl trap" it's not going to show up on any tests you do because the blood still has a lot of folate, but it was pushed out of the cells due to insufficient B12. If you have PFS, I HIGHLY suggest you test for MTHFR with 23 and me DNA tests, it has really changed my life so far honestly, and if you do have MTHFR and are taking a B complex with folic acid, you're going to make yourself worse. I did that for months and was noticeably worse after taking it, that's gone away with methylfolate. I've lived my whole life with a folate deficiency and never knew. I got methyl trapped back in march because I didn't take methylB12 with methylfolate, in turn I crashed and it was the EXACT same experience as my fin crash, and it stuck around indefinitely until I fixed the deficiencies through supplementation, so maybe there is a link. I also studied a lot of different DNA panels from propeciahelp and noticed most of them had the MTHFR gene mutation of some sort, which effects how your body metabolizes things, such as fin.

Before taking the methylated vitamins, I was dizzy a lot for no reason, that's gone now. I also couldn't handle eating vegetables due to being methyl trapped, and my DPDR was much worse. I've seen a lot of improvements in all of these areas.

Anyways, lately I've been fluctuating up and down, but my ups seem to be much better than my downs. Lately my long term memory has been better than ever before honestly, and I can remember things I did with other people and have conversations again. But this fluctuates and sometimes I nearly have dementia again. But I am functioning a whole lot better than a year ago. I've also been laughing a lot, I've always been the funny guy and it seems that is back for me. My anhedonia is also gone I believe, it still fluctuates but I don't feel as low constantly as I used to. I feel like I have emotions again whether good or bad. I've also been thinking about my future more, which is new, I never did that the past year, I look at pictures of cities and get excited that I could live there someday. Hard to explain, but I wasn't able to emotionally do that like 6 months ago. Also, I look at tattoos a lot lately also which is something I used to do every day, I have a sleeve and I've always wanted another one, so I think once I recover my first move is going to finally start my other sleeve. Definitely frustrating because I definitely don't think putting ink into your body during recovery is going to do you any good. But just the fact that I look at them again and have interest in them again shows that the rays of my long lost personality are starting to shine through the dark clouds of PFS.

Last night, I drank for the first time in 9 months. I decided fuck it, once in a great while isn't going to kill me, and I wanted to see how my body reacted to alcohol. Also, I was at a pool party and decided I didn't want to be sober at this cool party. A year ago, drinking a beer would cause crushing, dark weird anxiety and I would crash immediately, I'm happy to say that my body reacted absolutely great to alcohol and I had the time of my life. Didn't crash at all, and today I don't even feel any anxiety, just have a little headache due to my hangover. I look at this as a huge improvement, I honestly had the time of my life, just taking shots with my friends and laughing and partying, it was a nice release after a year of being strict and putting in work every day.

I'm feeling good about the future guys, I'm probably around 60-75 percent or so, but the final 30 percent is the toughest hurdle for me, and the spacey, high feeling type brain fog doesn't seem to want to go away. I can't imagine a life where I am free from it completely, but hopefully after jumping on my first Andro cycle I see some improvement in that aspect. I still also have light sensitivity and a mental block where it's hard to talk to people and I still forget where I am sometimes, but I feel it's improving.

Just moved into a cool ass house on a lake with my best friend for the summer, I kayak every day and am having a great time, I also have a couple motorcycles in my garage that keep my constantly busy and happy. I think above all, finding things you enjoy to fill your time is the best thing you can do for yourself during all of this. Laughter has honestly been the best medicine for me, alongside everything else I do on the protocol honestly. Which, is tough to follow once you feel decent, but I want to get back to being really strict now that I've had some fun. A little word of advice for someone just starting out on this journey, DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF. I spent the first 8 months isolated, it is the single worst thing you can do for yourself during this, get out of your house, find some friends and have fun. My condition is a million times better living with my best friend and doing fun stuff rather than lying my bed and living by myself like I did in the beginning.

Anyways, I'll update later on guys. I'm still not recovered but I feel much better in a lot of different areas. Keep pushing!
    Last edited by Turnover25; 06-20-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey guys, little update. I have been doing better than ever before, a game changer for me was adding in methylfolate with methyl-B12 and a B complex twice a day, if you're like me and have MTHFR C677T, your body can't process folic acid (vitamin B9) and needs the methylated version. I saw some people who crashed by taking methyls on propeciahelp (I also did) and have studied their stories, every single one of them either only took methylB12 or Methylfolate by itself, this is going to cause you to crash HARD due to them needing to feed off of each other to work properly, eventually leading to nasty deficiencies, especially potassium. There was a study that showed fin users had methylated cells or something, due to my experience and crash back in March, I have a theory that fin causes your body to methylate and this creates massive vitamin or mineral deficiencies, which if it is a functional folate deficiency, or "methyl trap" it's not going to show up on any tests you do because the blood still has a lot of folate, but it was pushed out of the cells due to insufficient B12. If you have PFS, I HIGHLY suggest you test for MTHFR with 23 and me DNA tests, it has really changed my life so far honestly, and if you do have MTHFR and are taking a B complex with folic acid, you're going to make yourself worse. I did that for months and was noticeably worse after taking it, that's gone away with methylfolate. I've lived my whole life with a folate deficiency and never knew. I got methyl trapped back in march because I didn't take methylB12 with methylfolate, in turn I crashed and it was the EXACT same experience as my fin crash, and it stuck around indefinitely until I fixed the deficiencies through supplementation, so maybe there is a link. I also studied a lot of different DNA panels from propeciahelp and noticed most of them had the MTHFR gene mutation of some sort, which effects how your body metabolizes things, such as fin.

Before taking the methylated vitamins, I was dizzy a lot for no reason, that's gone now. I also couldn't handle eating vegetables due to being methyl trapped, and my DPDR was much worse. I've seen a lot of improvements in all of these areas.

Anyways, lately I've been fluctuating up and down, but my ups seem to be much better than my downs. Lately my long term memory has been better than ever before honestly, and I can remember things I did with other people and have conversations again. But this fluctuates and sometimes I nearly have dementia again. But I am functioning a whole lot better than a year ago. I've also been laughing a lot, I've always been the funny guy and it seems that is back for me. My anhedonia is also gone I believe, it still fluctuates but I don't feel as low constantly as I used to. I feel like I have emotions again whether good or bad. I've also been thinking about my future more, which is new, I never did that the past year, I look at pictures of cities and get excited that I could live there someday. Hard to explain, but I wasn't able to emotionally do that like 6 months ago. Also, I look at tattoos a lot lately also which is something I used to do every day, I have a sleeve and I've always wanted another one, so I think once I recover my first move is going to finally start my other sleeve. Definitely frustrating because I definitely don't think putting ink into your body during recovery is going to do you any good. But just the fact that I look at them again and have interest in them again shows that the rays of my long lost personality are starting to shine through the dark clouds of PFS.

Last night, I drank for the first time in 9 months. I decided fuck it, once in a great while isn't going to kill me, and I wanted to see how my body reacted to alcohol. Also, I was at a pool party and decided I didn't want to be sober at this cool party. A year ago, drinking a beer would cause crushing, dark weird anxiety and I would crash immediately, I'm happy to say that my body reacted absolutely great to alcohol and I had the time of my life. Didn't crash at all, and today I don't even feel any anxiety, just have a little headache due to my hangover. I look at this as a huge improvement, I honestly had the time of my life, just taking shots with my friends and laughing and partying, it was a nice release after a year of being strict and putting in work every day.

I'm feeling good about the future guys, I'm probably around 60-75 percent or so, but the final 30 percent is the toughest hurdle for me, and the spacey, high feeling type brain fog doesn't seem to want to go away. I can't imagine a life where I am free from it completely, but hopefully after jumping on my first Andro cycle I see some improvement in that aspect. I still also have light sensitivity and a mental block where it's hard to talk to people and I still forget where I am sometimes, but I feel it's improving.

Just moved into a cool ass house on a lake with my best friend for the summer, I kayak every day and am having a great time, I also have a couple motorcycles in my garage that keep my constantly busy and happy. I think above all, finding things you enjoy to fill your time is the best thing you can do for yourself during all of this. Laughter has honestly been the best medicine for me, alongside everything else I do on the protocol honestly. Which, is tough to follow once you feel decent, but I want to get back to being really strict now that I've had some fun. A little word of advice for someone just starting out on this journey, DO NOT ISOLATE YOURSELF. I spent the first 8 months isolated, it is the single worst thing you can do for yourself during this, get out of your house, find some friends and have fun. My condition is a million times better living with my best friend and doing fun stuff rather than lying my bed and living by myself like I did in the beginning.

Anyways, I'll update later on guys. I'm still not recovered but I feel much better in a lot of different areas. Keep pushing!
    My man, glad to see you're living up to your name and turning this shit over!. Super inspiring to go through your thread and see the improvements in a relitavely short space of time especially considering how bad things seemed for you in the very beginning. Personally I'm going to redo my water fast for 5-7 days and really attack this thing with all I've got. Personally I've been hit more with physical sides instead of mental ones but all the same the protocol will lead us to the same destination.

Personally although I'm yet to start the protocol officially I'm having up and downswings (down currently) but when I'm up your absolutely right it's tough to remain disciplined in my case food wise as I feel absolutely fine but being not far removed from the crash I don't want to go back to my absolute worst.

Looking at your symptoms I would of assumed you may have been in for the long run but seeing how far you've come so quickly from where you were shows the prior discipline we need to make this shit a thing of the past.

Keep pushing my dude!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update, I’ve been drinking this month. I know it isn’t advised, but fuck man it has made picking up girls a lot easier. If you’ve been following my thread, you saw I was sober for 9 months. That was because alcohol used to mess me up bad. Now, it’s kinda just normal honestly. I’ll get hungover and have a memory lapse like anyone else. But man.... first time I drank I ended up getting with this hot chick from class. Also, there’s another smoking hot girl coming to my house to kayak on Monday. Maybe it’s the testosterone? 🙂😂 if you’re following my thread, I’m not recovered, I still struggle bad. But I’m doing a bit better, slowly. that’s my modest feedback. Keep at it brothers.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Comewhatmay Huge inspiration to see your comment brother, I’ve been at this for awhile even though I don’t stuck to it religiously anymore (sadly), I’m glad guys like you can read my shit and realize your life isn’t over. Shit was terrifying in the beginning, and I still have my moments but now I’m a lot tougher than that. I think CD will vouch for this, the longer you go and the better you feel, the tougher it gets to follow the protocol as intensely as the beginning. Don’t listen to the dudes on those other forums. You’ll recover my man. My vision is still messed up and I have some brain fog but man.. it’s like we cracked the code to get better. Just keep at it.

One thing, be happy you got hit with physical sides. No matter what anyone says, you don’t have it that bad if it’s mostly physical. I’d trade with you in a heartbeat.

Also, sadly I’m still in this for the long run. I’m just very optimistic and my memory has returned a bit. But I don’t think I’ll be in that recovery thread for a bit yet. But also, I don’t fuck around with the protocol. I have discipline and it’s my foundation.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 07-05-2020 at 01:55 AM.