User Tag List

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have a good health insurance? When my abdominal hernia had go be stitched up they gave me 2 options: a lengthy surgery to sow it back together or an implementation of a little net to keep the guts from protruding. If u get the net it will probably be a limit on future workouts. At least this is what they told me about 12 years ago. Details might be foggy and I’m not a doctor but just a heads up.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
    Do you have a good health insurance? When my abdominal hernia had go be stitched up they gave me 2 options: a lengthy surgery to sow it back together or an implementation of a little net to keep the guts from protruding. If u get the net it will probably be a limit on future workouts. At least this is what they told me about 12 years ago. Details might be foggy and I’m not a doctor but just a heads up.
    Yeah I have good insurance. I’m really hoping that isn’t the case, but you can see the lump area pretty clear. Thanks for the info.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Bad news, boys. Took a hard fall in my hockey game and possibly have a sports hernia/abdominal tear. I have a nice lump/indentation on my left side of my groin/bladder area, sneezing/rolling over in bed, running or any movement is extremely painful. I have a doctors appointment next Friday to hopefully get an ultrasound, potentially I’ll need surgery.

Looks like HIIT is out of the question for at least 6-8 weeks, as far as right now, if I need surgery it’ll be more more. I can still weight lift, but nothing that engages my core. So no benching, squatting or compound lifts. Big set back, but a temporary one.

Anyone have any advice to make the most out of my situation? Especially @Cdsnuts and @Maxout777
    Just do as much as you can weightlifting wise and back off the HIIT of course. You can't hurt yourself more or this won't be beneficial, obviously. Calisthenics, stretching once you're able will be good. Tighten up that diet a bit, maybe less carbs with less exercise. Now's not the time to drink or be lax.

One thing I'd also recommend is BPC-157 (not something I would normally add to the protocol), for this instance only. It will speed up that recovery time great. You can either inject it into that area or take it orally. That's totally up to you.....it's great for the gut and dopamine system as well, so two other wins there. Could also inject TB500 into the area at the same time for double the recovery speed, but do your research.

I can't in good faith say it will not cause any additional issues in PFS state, as I've only used it after the fact, but it did dawn on me.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    Just do as much as you can weightlifting wise and back off the HIIT of course. You can't hurt yourself more or this won't be beneficial, obviously. Calisthenics, stretching once you're able will be good. Tighten up that diet a bit, maybe less carbs with less exercise. Now's not the time to drink or be lax.

One thing I'd also recommend is BPC-157 (not something I would normally add to the protocol), for this instance only. It will speed up that recovery time great. You can either inject it into that area or take it orally. That's totally up to you.....it's great for the gut and dopamine system as well, so two other wins there. Could also inject TB500 into the area at the same time for double the recovery speed, but do your research.

I can't in good faith say it will not cause any additional issues in PFS state, as I've only used it after the fact, but it did dawn on me.
    @Maxout777 Interesting. Maybe I should inject that shit into my face to heal this damn brain fog. Lmao jk. Thanks for the advice brother. I’ll look into it. Any reason why I should avoid carbs? Do they have some sort of effect on your bodies healing abilities?

Also any ideas for some HIIT I can do without using my lower body? I’m pretty limited, can’t even sneeze without pain at the moment. But in the coming weeks/months I’d like to at least try to get creative with some HIIT. I was thinking maybe boxing without moving my hips much.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Maxout777 Interesting. Maybe I should inject that shit into my face to heal this damn brain fog. Lmao jk. Thanks for the advice brother. I’ll look into it. Any reason why I should avoid carbs? Do they have some sort of effect on your bodies healing abilities?

Also any ideas for some HIIT I can do without using my lower body? I’m pretty limited, can’t even sneeze without pain at the moment. But in the coming weeks/months I’d like to at least try to get creative with some HIIT. I was thinking maybe boxing without moving my hips much.
    Can you shadow box?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Can you shadow box?
    Just gave that a shot, seems to be fine. Looks like that will be my MO for a while.

I’ve evolved into something I never thought I’d be. The shadow box guy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gave that a shot, seems to be fine. Looks like that will be my MO for a while.

If you can, wear 16 oz gloves when you do it. If you aren't used to them it will give a decent workout.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    If you can, wear 16 oz gloves when you do it. If you aren't used to them it will give a decent workout.
    Great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol....don't get me started.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will say one thing, when I tore my shoulder rotator cuff, it did not heal until I added more carbs into my diet.

I think it's glucose. If that's low then nothing will heal in your body. Just fruit and veggies along with 1 carb meal a day wasn't enough for me to heal, personally.

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was only recommending avoiding carbs a bit just to keep your figure lean. You won't be lifting as heavy or going as hard so when I'm doing that I tend to keep the carbs leaner.

Either way - sounds like you're going to be a boxing professional here soon
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.