User Tag List

Page 31 of 40 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    I remember reading that thread because someone brought it up here and I read it. Maybe I’ll add it in every few days or so. It just makes my brain fog worse, it’s like thinking through jelly or a blanket.

I didn’t feel ultra hard at first. It didn’t smack me in the face the way Super R Andro did, it may take a bit for you to feel it. Or you might not at all, everyone is different. Ultra hard took a while for me to feel, then would switch back and forth between euphoria, feeling great, then back to feeling nothing, great, nothing. I also felt weaker during that cycle. You’re actually going to be stronger while running it, but it didn’t feel that way. Also make sure you’re supplementing potassium. Might be why you feel weak.
    I would stick with the bacopa. I have no experience with the other herb so I can't, in good conscious recommend it. But if you're saying that it has the other compound in it, then what is the difference. You'll most likely experience the same effect seeing as that's the active compound.

Back down on the dose a bit if it's giving you issues. You should be cycling it as well. Not every few days.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I would stick with the bacopa. I have no experience with the other herb so I can't, in good conscious recommend it. But if you're saying that it has the other compound in it, then what is the difference. You'll most likely experience the same effect seeing as that's the active compound.

Back down on the dose a bit if it's giving you issues. You should be cycling it as well. Not every few days.
    Sorry I wasn’t clear, it’s not another herb I’m asking about, I was researching and learned that bacopa contains an ingredient called jujubogenin that helps fix gaba receptors. So I was asking how crucial you think bacopa is for recovery, because it makes me feel bad. If you said it’s crucial I’d stick with it, but it was mostly a curiosity thing.

Are you saying take bacopa once every few weeks or more often? I could take it every 2 weeks or so and see how I feel.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 03-14-2021 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wasn’t clear, it’s not another herb I’m asking about, I was researching and learned that bacopa contains an ingredient called jujubogenin that helps fix gaba receptors. So I was asking how crucial you think bacopa is for recovery, because it makes me feel bad. If you said it’s crucial I’d stick with it, but it was mostly a curiosity thing.

Are you saying take bacopa once every few weeks or more often? I could take it every 2 weeks or so and see how I feel.
    You should do both if it's giving you problems. Back down on the dose and cycle it rather then take it every couple days.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man,

Just read this thread your recovery so far is massively motivating & will no doubt keep me going throughout my journey, from reading your earlier posts it seems like I'm in a similar place neurologically & mentally to the one you've been battling your way out of therefore any help & advice on things you were overly sensitive to (ie. herbs/foods) or general advice you wish someone could have given you in your early days I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spigen17 View Post
    Hey man,

Just read this thread your recovery so far is massively motivating & will no doubt keep me going throughout my journey, from reading your earlier posts it seems like I'm in a similar place neurologically & mentally to the one you've been battling your way out of therefore any help & advice on things you were overly sensitive to (ie. herbs/foods) or general advice you wish someone could have given you in your early days I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance
    I love to hear that man. I kept my thread detailed in order to help people in the future.

As far as advice, the best I can think of right now that I wish I could have heard was start right away, just as CD laid it out for you. I wasted about 6-8 months initially getting drunk and hiding from the world. That’s a lot of lost time, just start right away, and for the first year or so, however it takes to feel a little bit better, don’t half ass it. Go as long as possible while being extremely strict, and then have some cheat days here and there later on when you’re out of the trenches.

Also, don’t skip over small things of the protocol like theanine and glycine. Those have helped me a lot, and I didn’t even use them until I was almost 2 years in. Your body is currently having issues with neurotransmitters more than likely, and those will really help you out. I had to moderate them and find the correct dosages that worked for me. I probably wouldn’t have waited so long to run prohormones either. Get on the herbs for like 3 months then try a cycle. Those are what helped me the most.

Go read English’s sticky about what stress does to you and memorize it. He was spot on. Even things like obsessively checking your cell phone to check swole source has an effect on dopamine which can throw things further out of whack. Calm your mind and go out and live while you recover.

Edit: probably the biggest thing is don’t experiment with other things that aren’t laid out, at least not now. Wait until your body is stable again and you’re at like 80% to try any other supplements, there is a reason they aren’t in the protocol. These forums have been around a long time, and these supplements have been narrowed down by many pfs’ers because they help, and many others (including me) have crashed back to oblivion by taking too much random stuff.

And honestly just have fun with it, I know the situation is horrible, but experiencing your health slowly return is a wonderful experience most people don’t often get to live, you’re going to be a better person for having beat PFS. And believe me, you’ll start to feel better.

Edit again: as far as herbs, a lot of them made me worse in the beginning. I almost binned like half of them, but eventually that changed and now I don’t have issues with them. I was sensitive to everything, that’ll change while your body adjusts. As far as food, generally if it doesn’t come from the ground I don’t eat it. I don’t eat grains, and the only sugar I eat is from fruit. You won’t have issues with gluten free stuff, I just like to stick to whole foods. Unless I’m on a prohormone cycle and I need carbs, then I eat gluten free muffins and bread and all that. But only when I really feel I need it. Carb backloading for me is mostly potatoes and dates.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 03-15-2021 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Edit: probably the biggest thing is don’t experiment with other things that aren’t laid out, at least not now. Wait until your body is stable again and you’re at like 80% to try any other supplements, there is a reason they aren’t in the protocol. These forums have been around a long time, and these supplements have been narrowed down by many pfs’ers because they help, and many others (including me) have crashed back to oblivion by taking too much random stuff.

And honestly just have fun with it, I know the situation is horrible, but experiencing your health slowly return is a wonderful experience most people don’t often get to live, you’re going to be a better person for having beat PFS. And believe me, you’ll start to feel better.
    Dead on.

Just wait. You're going to start feeling better then you've EVER felt before.....eventually. BLISS.

Looking forward to your recovery post, although that means you'll be leaving us, which would suck, but man.......just wait my friend.

My girl keeps telling me I should add to my landing page somewhere...."Turning duds into studs." I think it's kinda corny, she doesn't

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Dead on.

Just wait. You're going to start feeling better then you've EVER felt before.....eventually. BLISS.

Looking forward to your recovery post, although that means you'll be leaving us, which would suck, but man.......just wait my friend.

My girl keeps telling me I should add to my landing page somewhere...."Turning duds into studs." I think it's kinda corny, she doesn't
    Hahaha. Corny or not it’s the truth.

But you and me both man. I can hardly wait. Slowly things turn back on and remind me of how it used to be, I can’t imagine how it starts to feel once you get past the tipping point and start feeling better than before pfs. Must be weird watching the guys you mentor slowly come back to life then leave this place and move on. I’d be sure to check in every so often.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love to hear that man. I kept my thread detailed in order to help people in the future. Hi

As far as advice, the best I can think of right now that I wish I could have heard was start right away, just as CD laid it out for you. I wasted about 6-8 months initially getting drunk and hiding from the world. That’s a lot of lost time, just start right away, and for the first year or so, however it takes to feel a little bit better, don’t half ass it. Go as long as possible while being extremely strict, and then have some cheat days here and there later on when you’re out of the trenches.

Also, don’t skip over small things of the protocol like theanine and glycine. Those have helped me a lot, and I didn’t even use them until I was almost 2 years in. Your body is currently having issues with neurotransmitters more than likely, and those will really help you out. I had to moderate them and find the correct dosages that worked for me. I probably wouldn’t have waited so long to run prohormones either. Get on the herbs for like 3 months then try a cycle. Those are what helped me the most.

Go read English’s sticky about what stress does to you and memorize it. He was spot on. Even things like obsessively checking your cell phone to check swole source has an effect on dopamine which can throw things further out of whack. Calm your mind and go out and live while you recover.

Edit again: as far as herbs, a lot of them made me worse in the beginning. I almost binned like half of them, but eventually that changed and now I don’t have issues with them. I was sensitive to everything, that’ll change while your body adjusts. As far as food, generally if it doesn’t come from the ground I don’t eat it. I don’t eat grains, and the only sugar I eat is from fruit. You won’t have issues with gluten free stuff, I just like to stick to whole foods. Unless I’m on a prohormone cycle and I need carbs, then I eat gluten free muffins and bread and all that. But only when I really feel I need it. Carb backloading for me is mostly potatoes and dates.
    Much appreciated for this man. I’ve been in that sort of phase for the past few months.. sort of trying all the things that used to work to ease anxiety / low moods in the past to no avail. Taking the bull by the horns & following the protocol seems to be the only option now.

Noted all these bits down, I’ve ordered the theanine & glycine and will start them after my juice feast ends at the weekend. Will start at low dose & see what works - I presume it’s sensible to only try one supp per day at first to work out what works for you? I think I read you had some success with zinc & magnesium - don’t suppose yourself or CD knows if ZMA is cool? I have some of that I bought a while back.

Yeah the English post is one that stuck out for me too, I must admit at this stage my brain is still a little fried so was quite a lot of information to take in but I’ve copied it into my notes to check back on when times get tough.

Top man for all the bits on diet, herbs, hormones etc - I do seem to be able to tolerate a few more foods than at the start - so I take it that’s a positive sign things are improving.
    Last edited by Spigen17; 03-16-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much appreciated for this man. I’ve been in that sort of phase for the past few months.. sort of trying all the things that used to work to ease anxiety / low moods in the past to no avail. Taking the bull by the horns & following the protocol seems to be the only option now.

Noted all these bits down, I’ve ordered the theanine & glycine and will start them after my juice feast ends at the weekend. Will start at low dose & see what works - I presume it’s sensible to only try one supp per day at first to work out what works for you? I think I read you had some success with zinc & magnesium - don’t suppose yourself or CD knows if ZMA is cool? I have some of that I bought a while back.

Yeah the English post is one that stuck out for me too, I must admit at this stage my brain is still a little fried so was quite a lot of information to take in but I’ve copied it into my notes to check back on when times get tough.

Top man for all the bits on diet, herbs, hormones etc - I do seem to be able to tolerate a few more foods than at the start - so I take it that’s a positive sign things are improving.
    That was Vit D and Magnesium that helped me back in the day, I still take both sometimes. Zinc made me way worse, I’d probably avoid it due to its 5-AR inhibiting properties, some people do well with it though.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ZMA is hit or miss depending on your current levels. It all comes down to the zinc with this one. For me, at first it worked great, but as the zinc built up I started feeling worse.

You can use it, but use it once or twice a week, tops.