User Tag List

Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So update, yesterday was Thanksgiving and I ended up having a cheat day on my diet for the first time in 2 and a halfish months. Ate some pie then said fuck it and went to town lol. Result, I definitely got a little worse, but the good news is I barely had any harsh reaction to all that sugar, grains, processed foods. And it looks like I’ve already bounced back from it by today. This is a massive improvement from a few months ago, I remember back when I was in the shit, eating a candy bar would send me into an effing psychosis type brain fog. I’m assuming that my gut has been healing? Not sure. But I’ll take it!!! Anxiety has been basically obliterated since I began supplementing magnesium. If you’re not taking magnesium, highly recommend. So yeah, I got a little worse, but I’ll take it as a victory since now I know that food won’t give me a severely bad reaction (Ive been nervous about slipping up since I haven’t cheated on diet since beginning), and now that the temptation is out of my system, I can get back to strict paleo. Also, the cheat meals made me feel like SHIT. I’m talking painfully bad. I have no desire to cheat again. Anyways, thats it. Things are looking up. Excited to keep it going
    Last edited by Turnover25; 11-29-2019 at 10:24 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Thanks man. I’m learning to trust the process more and more every day since it’s all done wonders. It’s funny because magnesium has given me a mental clarity I haven’t felt in years, before this mess I struggled with ADHD, since taking magnesium I’ve been able to focus with pin point precision. And now that I’ve been on the paleo diet I can’t imagine going back to filling my body with garbage. I have a feeling once I’m out of this mess, I’ll be glad it happened since I’ve created such a better lifestyle for myself.
    That is the general consensus, yes. Almost EVERYONE that goes through this says the same thing, because it's simply true. You will be a better version of yourself after you're through with this for sure.

And a general tip for supplementing vitamins and minerals is that after you're "topped off," you will reach a point where daily supplementation is too much with certain things. Some things will fall to being needed only a couple times a week, etc.

But yes, trusting in the process is your best bet for the fastest recovery possible. I understand how some guys can be trepidatious especially after coming from the medical world, but the ones who put complete faith behind their actions are the ones who recover the soonest.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    That is the general consensus, yes. Almost EVERYONE that goes through this says the same thing, because it's simply true. You will be a better version of yourself after you're through with this for sure.

And a general tip for supplementing vitamins and minerals is that after you're "topped off," you will reach a point where daily supplementation is too much with certain things. Some things will fall to being needed only a couple times a week, etc.

But yes, trusting in the process is your best bet for the fastest recovery possible. I understand how some guys can be trepidatious especially after coming from the medical world, but the ones who put complete faith behind their actions are the ones who recover the soonest.
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there signs to watch out for to know when you've been "topped off" on a vitamin or mineral? Would you say that holds true with a daily supplement such as Vitamin D?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. Is there signs to watch out for to know when you've been "topped off" on a vitamin or mineral? Would you say that holds true with a daily supplement such as Vitamin D?
    I believe you should be testing your vitamin D at least once a year, so you can adjust your supplementation accordingly. Too high or too low are both problems. Vitamin D: More Is Not Better

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    I believe you should be testing your vitamin D at least once a year, so you can adjust your supplementation accordingly. Too high or too low are both problems. Vitamin D: More Is Not Better
    I agree, I don't know much behind it but I know that Vitamin D made me feel horrible until I started supplementing magnesium alongside it. I read something about Vit D being able to cause magnesium deficiencies, seems to work out fine now. Although, I got my vitamin D checked a few months ago and I was a little bit beneath the minimum.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Absolutely.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Absolutely.
    Hey CD, is it recommended that we take a rest day once a week from lifting/HIIT?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey CD, is it recommended that we take a rest day once a week from lifting/HIIT?
    You should probably always have at least 1 rest day every week to prevent burnout, especially with PFS. Also remember to take a deload week/week off every once in a while, something like 6-12 weeks is the general recommendation.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    You should probably always have at least 1 rest day every week to prevent burnout, especially with PFS. Also remember to take a deload week/week off every once in a while, something like 6-12 weeks is the general recommendation.
    Thanks man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, for sure. But that being said, you could always do something very low impact such as yoga or a full body foam rolling session on that rest day.