Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queens1984 View Post
    Okay. Thanks CD. That’s what I will DO
    How did it go?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    How did it go?
    Just waiting for the Glycine and Magnesium too Arrive

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna leave this on my thread for my benefit. Trying to find a good balance when it comes to amino acids, a huge part of my PFS is my neurosteroids, which massively effect my brain fog when altered in any way. L thianine is a game changer for me, because it boosts gaba, dopamine, and serotonin in (which are all tanked for me), until I take it for more than a day and things lose their balance and my brain fog becomes all consuming.

Just added glycine daily, which is giving me massive improvements and fluctuations in depression for its serotonin and GABA effects, but it leads to heavy downswings too. Just took L thianine mixed with caffeine on top of it, and I feel crystal clear clarity. I’m going to try and take this stuff maybe 1-2 times a week to get the benefits without throwing things out of wack. The amino acids, in my opinion, are crucial to brain fog recovery. I think brain fog, like Joe said, is due to neurotransmitters being deficient.

Tried l phenylalanine yesterday and it put me on my ass for the rest of the day, which is weird because it’s a stimulant. Had so much fatigue that I could barely move around. Gonna stick to cold showers when it comes to the neurotransmitters that that one in particular effects, such as epinephrine, norepinephrine and PEA, which cold showers stimulate the production of.

Gonna try some tyrosine, and taurine, but with caution cuz I don’t want to throw things out of balance, aka too much dopamine could effect serotonin, vice versa. So far I’m mainly focusing on glycine and theanine, since they are the ones in the protocol and don’t pose risk. Thinking of maybe trying to cycle them, just as we do with herbs, since too much of anything is bad.

I’m mainly just experimenting because I’m finally starting to see some big results in my cognition, so I’m having some fun seeing what helps and what doesn’t. It wasn’t this easy a year ago, things could crash me and send me spiraling under, where now, if it effects me I just bin it, no harm no foul, but if it helps, I keep it in my arsenal. First time I took glycine, my thoughts began free flowing like pre PFS, and I felt amazing mood wise. Since then it’s given me fluctuations in brain fog and mood, but I think that’s a good thing. Also, glycine also helped get rid of that yellow-tint in my vision. No idea what the deal is there, but my vision while looking at white objects has been yellowish since pfs started, also my vision can be very dim when I go outside sometimes, which is improving also. I fucking hated those symptoms.

Edit: I also have a theory about depression or anhedonia some of us face after DHT cycles, including me, since my last ultra hard cycle 2 months ago I saw improvements in some places but my depression was worse, I believe that’s due to DHT’s effect on lowering serotonin, glycine has pretty much eliminated my post cycle depression, I think due to stimulating serotonin. Just something to think about. Kinda similar to how rave culture uses 5-htp to raise serotonin back to normal levels after festivals where they drop MDMA for days at a time. Serotonin syndrome is real. Don’t try the 5-htp thing. Just a comparison.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 02-20-2021 at 02:00 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Gonna leave this on my thread for my benefit. Trying to find a good balance when it comes to amino acids, a huge part of my PFS is my neurosteroids, which massively effect my brain fog when altered in any way. L thianine is a game changer for me, because it boosts gaba, dopamine, and serotonin in (which are all tanked for me), until I take it for more than a day and things lose their balance and my brain fog becomes all consuming.

Just added glycine daily, which is giving me massive improvements and fluctuations in depression for its serotonin and GABA effects, but it leads to heavy downswings too. Just took L thianine mixed with caffeine on top of it, and I feel crystal clear clarity. I’m going to try and take this stuff maybe 1-2 times a week to get the benefits without throwing things out of wack. The amino acids, in my opinion, are crucial to brain fog recovery. I think brain fog, like Joe said, is due to neurotransmitters being deficient.

Tried l phenylalanine yesterday and it put me on my ass for the rest of the day, which is weird because it’s a stimulant. Had so much fatigue that I could barely move around. Gonna stick to cold showers when it comes to the neurotransmitters that that one in particular effects, such as epinephrine, norepinephrine and PEA, which cold showers stimulate the production of.

Gonna try some tyrosine, and taurine, but with caution cuz I don’t want to throw things out of balance, aka too much dopamine could effect serotonin, vice versa. So far I’m mainly focusing on glycine and theanine, since they are the ones in the protocol and don’t pose risk. Thinking of maybe trying to cycle them, just as we do with herbs, since too much of anything is bad.

I’m mainly just experimenting because I’m finally starting to see some big results in my cognition, so I’m having some fun seeing what helps and what doesn’t. It wasn’t this easy a year ago, things could crash me and send me spiraling under, where now, if it effects me I just bin it, no harm no foul, but if it helps, I keep it in my arsenal. First time I took glycine, my thoughts began free flowing like pre PFS, and I felt amazing mood wise. Since then it’s given me fluctuations in brain fog and mood, but I think that’s a good thing. Also, glycine also helped get rid of that yellow-tint in my vision. No idea what the deal is there, but my vision while looking at white objects has been yellowish since pfs started, also my vision can be very dim when I go outside sometimes, which is improving also. I fucking hated those symptoms.

Edit: I also have a theory about depression or anhedonia some of us face after DHT cycles, including me, since my last ultra hard cycle 2 months ago I saw improvements in some places but my depression was worse, I believe that’s due to DHT’s effect on lowering serotonin, glycine has pretty much eliminated my post cycle depression, I think due to stimulating serotonin. Just something to think about.
    That's my man, excellent progress. I knew adding glycine would help out in your circumstances. Regarding depression/ anhedonia it's likely that the glycine eliminates these symptoms due to its ability to enhance type 1 5-ar which therefore increases allopregnanolone. Allopregnanolone has major antidepressant qualities.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    That's my man, excellent progress. I knew adding glycine would help out in your circumstances. Regarding depression/ anhedonia it's likely that the glycine eliminates these symptoms due to its ability to enhance type 1 5-ar which therefore increases allopregnanolone. Allopregnanolone has major antidepressant qualities.
    Thanks bro! That could very well be it. Either way, it’s a great supplement so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bro! That could very well be it. Either way, it’s a great supplement so far.
    Hey buddy you taking the Glycine at night or in the Morning. I was going too take it just at night a few times a week just for SLEEP HELP?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey buddy you taking the Glycine at night or in the Morning. I was going too take it just at night a few times a week just for SLEEP HELP?
    At night time, my man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At night time, my man.
    Thanks buddy. Going too mix it with Magnesium at night a few times a week.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks buddy. Going too mix it with Magnesium at night a few times a week.
    Take 6-10 grams to begin with. The 2 grams which I often see recommended is no where near enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MungYarlon View Post
    Take 6-10 grams to begin with. The 2 grams which I often see recommended is no where near enough.
    Okay. Deff 3 times a week. Waiting for it too Arive