User Tag List

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Deadlifts and Squats on same session lifting heavy for 4 sets, of course you're going to wipe yourself out. Without pfs you'd be on the road to overtraining doing that. Two major compound lifts that target the same muscle areas of your body, is overload

Split them up or rotate the times you do them. Deadlifts is legs, lower back,traps and core, squats is core and legs. You don't need to do them together in the same session, it's actually counter productive in your case.

If you want to go all out, less is more, otherwise you will push your body into a catabolic stress response.

In such a weakened state, 1-2 sets going to failure is enough. You can still do 4 sets but don't go all out on all 4. You will still build muscle and strength this way, only your ego will suffer a little bit
    Thanks bro. I'm going to decrease my amount of output from now on. I think I have been running into issues with overtraining, especially while in a PFS state. Do you think that "less is more" stands true for the herb rotation as well? I'm trying to figure out the correct doses, I find that if I run into any issues with the herbs, it's always after my second dose, such as headaches, fatigue, brain fog, anxiety. I think that I've been so focused on trying to beat this thing that I end up going overboard on things and do myself a little more damage than good. I'm not a very big dude, so would taking the smallest recommended dose be a better option than taking larger doses of the herbs? I feel like I want them to work so I take a bit too much. Just not sure how dosing works or if they work as effectively if you take less.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxaleksi View Post
    Yeah the herbs are game changers for sure. I noticed significant mood improvements in a month when I first started rotating them. I don't really feel the individual herbs that much, but over time they definitely do help.
    Yeah man I noticed that too, actually in the first week or so. I actually felt a sense of normality or content, where as in the 7 months prior I've been a walking emotionless zombie. I have noticed that I feel much more effect from the Lost Empire Herbs products that I rotate, as opposed to other brands that I cycle. My first 10 days or so with the LEH herbs was great, the past week or so with other brands hasn't been as great. That fluctuation might just be upswings and downswings though. How did your moods fluctuate? Also, I remember you saying you had issues with exercise and HIIT in the beginning as well, I'm in that stage right now. Hopefully that steadily improves.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Yeah man I noticed that too, actually in the first week or so. I actually felt a sense of normality or content, where as in the 7 months prior I've been a walking emotionless zombie. I have noticed that I feel much more effect from the Lost Empire Herbs products that I rotate, as opposed to other brands that I cycle. My first 10 days or so with the LEH herbs was great, the past week or so with other brands hasn't been as great. That fluctuation might just be upswings and downswings though. How did your moods fluctuate? Also, I remember you saying you had issues with exercise and HIIT in the beginning as well, I'm in that stage right now. Hopefully that steadily improves.
    Yeah I had crazy mood swings in the first few months of PFS. Imo you just have to find a way to "separate" yourself from your thoughts. Over time it gets better. I'd say my mood felt pretty stable after my first cycle of androhard.

Regarding the exercise, yeah, I was so bad off that lifting weights and especially HIIT would make me feel extremely dizzy, to the point where I was nervous I'd pass out. I just pushed through it after reading English had the same thing and it improved for him.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks bro. I'm going to decrease my amount of output from now on. I think I have been running into issues with overtraining, especially while in a PFS state. Do you think that "less is more" stands true for the herb rotation as well? I'm trying to figure out the correct doses, I find that if I run into any issues with the herbs, it's always after my second dose, such as headaches, fatigue, brain fog, anxiety. I think that I've been so focused on trying to beat this thing that I end up going overboard on things and do myself a little more damage than good. I'm not a very big dude, so would taking the smallest recommended dose be a better option than taking larger doses of the herbs? I feel like I want them to work so I take a bit too much. Just not sure how dosing works or if they work as effectively if you take less.
    With the herbs I just stick to the recommend dosage on the bottle.

In some cases if I see the RD is low , I up it for some herbs(always research if it's safe to go over the dose) and it hasn't been a problem.

In your case of it having a deleterious then it would make sense to reduce it. Over time you will get enough needed through rotation and it building up in your system. So I yes, slowly slowly rather than mega-dosing on things which you have not got to much knowledge on.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

so since starting the herbs a couple weeks ago it's been quite a ride already. I had a question for those who have been using them for a while. Since beginning, it seems like literally every single symptom I used to have that went away has returned, like super dry skin, brain fog making it impossible to think or make decisions, food sensitivities, bad digestion, inability to handle stress, panic and anxiety. I haven't felt like this the entire time but recently about the past week and a half or so, all of this has returned. Is this normal, and what we'd call downswings? I don't really think I've had any severe downswings in the past because I haven't been on the herbs until recently. I have no idea how the herbs would be causing my body to do this. I'm not too worried about it, but I am just wondering how everyone else reacts.

Thanks guys

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What herbs are you cycling?

And what's your diet like buddy, it could be something that you're consuming that's triggering a bad reaction

If it's not those things it can just be a downswing that you have a ride out or a reaction from overtraining/overstressing your system.

Rest is just as important as activity during recovery.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be just a downswing, I'm going through the same thing currently. The past week has been the first "bad" downswing since I've started the protocol. Just gotta ride it out and look forward to the better times.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the effect of the herbs, from my experience, has been pretty subtle. but you gotta feel comfort in the fact that they're fundamentally agents of good for your system and the likelihood of them causing a negative reaction is very low. they don't work by harshly targeting parts of your body like pharma drugs, they just gently help to push your body in the right direction as you steer the ship.

but i hear you on the downswing man. never a fun thing, you just gotta keep pushing, which i can tell you have been. make sure you're not overtraining, make sure your diet is on point, and do things to de-stress. you got this.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There is a reason that what is recommended on the website is, well.....recommended. Follow it as close as possible.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Follow the basic dosing instructions on each herb unless you're mega dosing.

And one of the trickiest things for me is working with individuals who have completely different exercise tolerances and capabilities because this significantly plays into how hard they should be going into each work out.

Put it this way.....you have to find your own fine line when it comes to this. You want to be pushing yourself enough so that you're making progress but not so much that you're sending your self into another dimension. It takes time and practice but you will find your sweet spot as you go along.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"