User Tag List

Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The b vitamin is interesting i've been listening quite alot on Natasha Mcbride the founder of gaps diet (pretty much paleo) and she says b vitamins are made in the gut. And with compromised gut flora you don't get enough of them and schould suplement until your flora does it for you.
    I've been thinking of getting a b complex but haven't yet cause some say they have crashed on methylated b vitamins

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Cdsnuts Hey CD, I binned spirulina and chlorella a few months ago after I got crash-like symptoms after my body started detoxing heavy metals I believe. Afterward, I developed a fever, vision turned weird and yellow, light sensitivity, extremely bad headache and I got really sick for about 2 weeks. I just had the same experience, though not as bad (Yet) after taking methyl-folate two days in a row, which I learned can also detox heavy metals. I'm thinking it's more than just a coincidence and that I didn't just randomly get sick both times. Is this metal detox thing something I should be looking into, or should I just avoid things that detox heavy metals?

Also to everyone, I deleted my progress post just because I felt I spoke too soon. I have a weird habit of posting progress reports just before I enter hellish downswings. I'll update in the future.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    @Cdsnuts Hey CD, I binned spirulina and chlorella a few months ago after I got crash-like symptoms after my body started detoxing heavy metals I believe. Afterward, I developed a fever, vision turned weird and yellow, light sensitivity, extremely bad headache and I got really sick for about 2 weeks. I just had the same experience, though not as bad (Yet) after taking methyl-folate two days in a row, which I learned can also detox heavy metals. I'm thinking it's more than just a coincidence and that I didn't just randomly get sick both times. Is this metal detox thing something I should be looking into, or should I just avoid things that detox heavy metals?

Also to everyone, I deleted my progress post just because I felt I spoke too soon. I have a weird habit of posting progress reports just before I enter hellish downswings. I'll update in the future.
    Yes, but you could simply back down off the dose of both of those things so that it's not so intense and do it gradually over time, which is what happens on the protocol in the first place.

And, fyi, it's called the calm before the storm. I always felt my absolute best before getting hit with a downswing. After awhile I knew when one was going to come simply when I started feeling too good, I knew what was around the corner. Just the way it is.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Yes, but you could simply back down off the dose of both of those things so that it's not so intense and do it gradually over time, which is what happens on the protocol in the first place.

And, fyi, it's called the calm before the storm. I always felt my absolute best before getting hit with a downswing. After awhile I knew when one was going to come simply when I started feeling too good, I knew what was around the corner. Just the way it is.

Sorry CD, I’m not understanding correctly. Yes to which part?

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, I read your lengthy progress post and was glad to hear that you were doing well! I’m sorry to hear that you’re in a downswing now.

I don’t think you should have deleted your post, anyways. You’re not accountable to anybody here but yourself, so no need to worry about posting too soon or coming across disingenuous. It would have been a nice post to look back upon in the future for yourself and others, whether it be from a downswing or when you’re fully recovered.

I will say that each time I have posted about feeling good, it’s been followed by feeling kind of shitty again. A lot of us here, myself included, were considerably traumatized by this experience, so when a sense of normality and and good occurs, we actually experience stress and anxiety (probably out of fear of an impending downswing, or that this good feeling won’t last, etc) and this is a considerable contributor to the ensuing downswing. It could also be like CD says, where downswings just naturally proceed the best part of an upswing when we feel like talking and writing about it. These are just things to be aware of so you can better learn to trust yourself and the the process and let go of any anxiety you might have that arises when things are good, cause stress and anxiety will set you back a little bit.

Otherwise, keep fighting the good fight, and I think you’ll be okay on the B Vitamins and algae. If you’re feeling strong enough and capable enough to face a downswing, then go for both and see how you feel. I was once afraid of eating coconuts cause Lauric acid is on the 5ar inhibitor wiki. When I wasnt afraid of a downswing, I said fuck it, and literally ate an entire bag of coconut chips and a carton of coconut milk and some shit dressed in coconut oil. I did this for a few days, and not much notable happened. Now I eat coconut everyday because I love it. I plan on doing this with other things that I’m worried about in the future I.e gluten, booze, etc.

All the best!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Hey man, I read your lengthy progress post and was glad to hear that you were doing well! I’m sorry to hear that you’re in a downswing now.

I don’t think you should have deleted your post, anyways. You’re not accountable to anybody here but yourself, so no need to worry about posting too soon or coming across disingenuous. It would have been a nice post to look back upon in the future for yourself and others, whether it be from a downswing or when you’re fully recovered.

I will say that each time I have posted about feeling good, it’s been followed by feeling kind of shitty again. A lot of us here, myself included, were considerably traumatized by this experience, so when a sense of normality and and good occurs, we actually experience stress and anxiety (probably out of fear of an impending downswing, or that this good feeling won’t last, etc) and this is a considerable contributor to the ensuing downswing. It could also be like CD says, where downswings just naturally proceed the best part of an upswing when we feel like talking and writing about it. These are just things to be aware of so you can better learn to trust yourself and the the process and let go of any anxiety you might have that arises when things are good, cause stress and anxiety will set you back a little bit.

Otherwise, keep fighting the good fight, and I think you’ll be okay on the B Vitamins and algae. If you’re feeling strong enough and capable enough to face a downswing, then go for both and see how you feel. I was once afraid of eating coconuts cause Lauric acid is on the 5ar inhibitor wiki. When I wasnt afraid of a downswing, I said fuck it, and literally ate an entire bag of coconut chips and a carton of coconut milk and some shit dressed in coconut oil. I did this for a few days, and not much notable happened. Now I eat coconut everyday because I love it. I plan on doing this with other things that I’m worried about in the future I.e gluten, booze, etc.

All the best!

Hey man, thanks for the encouraging words. It really goes a long way. But yeah, I believe that a large part of this is fueled by anxiety and trauma. Which is a reason I feel somewhat guilty or whatever after posting, kinda like a placebo effect. Being on forums make this thing more real for me, so I try and avoid posting and get back to living my life. It's more difficult said than done though because I feel fine when I am at home relaxing, but once I go out in the real world it becomes very apparent just how tough things are right now.

But thanks for the advice man. I'll keep that in mind. Honestly I don't plan on going back to either gluten or booze. I found out after cutting it out for months that I truly can't handle gluten, it wrecks me. I was diagnosed with GERD a couple years ago and had to get a surgery because my esophagus basically became paralyzed for some reason, I'm assuming now that gluten was the culprit. Mostly because when I eat it I'm bed ridden haha.

As far as booze, I'm going to be 6 months sober next week. PFS or not, that is a massive accomplishment. Before PFS, I was scared I was slowly going to drink myself to death and there was nothing I could do to stop myself. Alcohol addiction runs in my family and eventually it found its way to me as well. Pretty scary stuff because I was only 23 when I realized I had a problem. So in a sense, PFS is actually saving my life. I don't really have a desire to pick up the bottle again after all this is a memory.

Anyways, thanks for the encouragement, Hope you're doing well man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sorry CD, I’m not understanding correctly. Yes to which part?
    The whole protocol is meant to detox your system from anything that shouldn't be there in the first place. If you feel that something is doing this too much or too forceful, then yes, you can back down on those supps. You are going to want to get heavy metals out of your system so you can either do it gradually,ei, the protocol, or you can slow it down by stopping those supps that are making you detox too much too fast.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    The whole protocol is meant to detox your system from anything that shouldn't be there in the first place. If you feel that something is doing this too much or too forceful, then yes, you can back down on those supps. You are going to want to get heavy metals out of your system so you can either do it gradually,ei, the protocol, or you can slow it down by stopping those supps that are making you detox too much too fast.
    Thanks CD. So if I’m understanding, the protocol in itself will cleanse your body of toxins, including heavy metals due to diet, exercise, healthy living, etc.

Also, wanted your input on something. A few years back I developed a stomach issue where I could no longer keep food down, I would eat, then it would make its way back up my esophagus and I would have to puke it out. Almost like the flap that separates my stomach and esophagus became paralyzed. No doctors could figure out why that happened and eventually I got diagnosed with GERD and I had a Nissen surgery where they wrapped my esophagus so nothing (including burps) can come up. Before all that they put me on PPI’s for about 2 years, which I’m now understanding can have damaging effects with how your body absorbs nutrients, etc. My suspicion is I had an undiagnosed gluten allergy, or constant use of alcohol, energy drinks, preworkout, pharmaceuticals, etc. damaged my stomach. Just wondering if you think I should make any slight adjustments to focus on gut health or if you’ve heard similar experiences, and also just curious about what you think about it. I’ve suspected slightly that it had something to do with how bad Fin effected me. I had wicked food intolerances back when I crashed but they seem to have improved. I currently drink bone broth, limit fruits, I don’t eat nuts because they give me issues, I don’t really eat grains and I’m gonna cut out sugar. Also adding L-glutamine soon.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks CD. So if I’m understanding, the protocol in itself will cleanse your body of toxins, including heavy metals due to diet, exercise, healthy living, etc.

Also, wanted your input on something. A few years back I developed a stomach issue where I could no longer keep food down, I would eat, then it would make its way back up my esophagus and I would have to puke it out. Almost like the flap that separates my stomach and esophagus became paralyzed. No doctors could figure out why that happened and eventually I got diagnosed with GERD and I had a Nissen surgery where they wrapped my esophagus so nothing (including burps) can come up. Before all that they put me on PPI’s for about 2 years, which I’m now understanding can have damaging effects with how your body absorbs nutrients, etc. My suspicion is I had an undiagnosed gluten allergy, or constant use of alcohol, energy drinks, preworkout, pharmaceuticals, etc. damaged my stomach. Just wondering if you think I should make any slight adjustments to focus on gut health or if you’ve heard similar experiences, and also just curious about what you think about it. I’ve suspected slightly that it had something to do with how bad Fin effected me. I had wicked food intolerances back when I crashed but they seem to have improved. I currently drink bone broth, limit fruits, I don’t eat nuts because they give me issues, I don’t really eat grains and I’m gonna cut out sugar. Also adding L-glutamine soon.
    PPI's (Proton Pump Inhibitors) are known for leaching minerals from the system, especially magnesium, which is a recipe for disaster. You can include more gut related items if you wish as long as you're maintaining what is outlined for you already. That being said, if you get and stay on the protocol 100% you should have no issue meeting your bodies needs. I say that with a grain of salt because everyone is slightly different, although the big picture stays the same, the shades of the picture may have to be adjusted for the individual.

Again, that being said, the protocol is pretty inclusive when it comes to the vibrant health of each guy. From what you're telling me you sound like you're on the right path.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys, haven't updated in a while. The past month has been a wild ride for me. I took methylfolate not knowing what methylated vitamins were and crashed myself back to ground zero, this crash mimicked my PFS crash identically but was about 5 times more intense and I landed in the ER room. Upon further research I realized I tanked my potassium and B12 levels. Nightmare to say the least. Loaded myself up on bananas, coconut water and B12 pills and had about a 2 hour window where I cured myself, and about 3 days where I felt great, now I'm back to where I was before. I'm thinking all this shit has something to do with my B vitamins and Potassium (or electrolytes in general). I've drank nothing but water for 7 months, can't say I think thats good for my electrolytes. I've started implementing coconut water after workouts and I feel way better. PFS is one tricky bitch, not sure what it did to my vitamin levels or if it may have caused a deficiency but hey. I switched up my diet to include more zinc, B vitamins, calcium and potassium and I am seeing a lot better results than before. My libido is out of this god damn world, I've PMO'd at least 10 times the past month. Can't say I'm proud of it.. pretty disappointing but it's nice to actually WANT sex. The past month, after my crash from hell I completely fell off the protocol for about 2 weeks, PMO, gluten, no herbs, no backloading, not as much working out. I've started back up again and I'm feeling fine for how bad I fell off. But my crash made me realize it could be WAY FUCKING WORSE. I completely forgot about how bad PFS was in the early days. Some advice for those of you who forgot just as I did, be thankful you've made the progress you've made. I had to go through it all again and it was a fucking disaster. But yeah, I don't like to post percentages cuz I go up and down a lot, but I've noticed that since switching my diet, I have more memories popping up, more at my disposal and "unlocking". A break in the clouds as CD says.

But a definitely interesting experience for sure. What happened this time was after I took methylfolate, it took about 4 days for a potassium deficiency to hit me. This resulted in rapid heart racing/palpitations out of nowhere, panic attack, eye floaters, dizzy, zero brain-dick connection, extreme water retention in face/fat face, vivid light, DPDR, dry mouth, dream-like vision, all the other fun stuff from PFS crash. This makes me wonder that somehow fin depletes your electrolytes/vitamins, leading to your body becoming deficient and ending with what we have now. I now believe that if your body had some sort of damage, taking fin may exasperate the issue even further. This would make sense in my case because I was low on B vitamins when I took fin from drinking and PPI use. Could explain why I respond so well to vitamin B, magnesium and potassium. I say this because my crash from methylfolate was identical to fin. Things seem to be the same for all guys on this site but slight specific alterations help different individuals. I think in my case personally my issues are less hormonal and more about giving my body what it needs. Regardless, the protocol will fix that, albeit slowly.

Word of advice. If you take methylated vitamins, do your research first. B12, B9 (folate) and potassium work in tandem. Taking B12 will make your body produce red blood cells quicker, it needs B9 and Potassium to do this, like firewood to a fire. It will deplete your resources if not done correctly, then you may end up like this guy did haha. Worst experience of my entire life. Felt like I was crawling out of my skin or on fire.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-15-2020 at 03:19 PM.