User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water fast and blood

Hey guys, I planned on starting my water fast today, but I’m unexpectedly heading to get my blood tests done since my doctor said it was a go. Is it safe to do my water fast straight out of getting my blood drawn? Or should I eat some food today and postpone it?

Thanks

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry about it man. The amount of blood you lose by just getting your blood drawn for tests is rather minimal. If you were say, donating a substantial amount of blood it might be wise to eat something and postpone the fast but I don't think it's going to be a problem in this situation. Either way, if you feel better eating something afterwards just do it, starting one day later isn't a big problem either right?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it man. The amount of blood you lose by just getting your blood drawn for tests is rather minimal. If you were say, donating a substantial amount of blood it might be wise to eat something and postpone the fast but I don't think it's going to be a problem in this situation. Either way, if you feel better eating something afterwards just do it, starting one day later isn't a big problem either right?
    Thanks man. I might postpone it a day just to remove the placebo effect from worrying about my blood draw during the whole fast.