User Tag List

Thread: Getting Sick

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting Sick

Kind of unrelated but now that I'm recoverd I've been getting sick a lot cuz I've been partying and not sleeping that great.

Any tips for getting over colds? (besides protocol I basically follow it with a few cheat meals here and there a week + partying)

Here are some of mine

Vitamin C 1 gram a day for prevention
    Kombucha (Joe Rogan swears by this but I dropped it and started too late after the cold got me)
    Lots of Liquids
    As much sleep as possible
    take it easy on stimulants
    Fasting

was debating doing a 3-5 day fast to nuke it faster and cleanse too. Would I lose muscle from this or can I go back to regular lifts?

dry fasting looks hella interesting too there's actually some crazy reports on it.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My current boss swears by chewing on 2 garlic cloves a day while sick to get over it more quickly.

Haven't tried it myself, but it can't hurt.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vitamin C is great, but you should make sure to get it derived from food sources(acerola cherry, cabbage, amla whatever)
    Ascorbic acid is from corn which doesn't even have vitamin c itself. Asc.A. is still an antioxidant, but lacks a lot of the actual vitamin C benefits.
    But during ilness probably vitamin c from foods, lemons, peppers are bestt. Some Zinc is great too.
    AppleCiderVinegar is decent for acidifying the body, fixes a bit insulin resistence and some other stuff.

Curcumin, ginger, cayenne pepper(a bit) might be beneficial.

Dk if partying means alcohol, but if yes. b vitamins + magnesium, some salt in water to regain lost minerals .
    Always loved bone broth when ill, or soups in general .

Garlic and oregano oil are natural antibiotics. Garlic has prob 1mil benefits it's always good haha , those and onions boost glutathione.
    Fasting is hard to say, probably always good. But might do IF dependent on how you feel.

Dry fasting is in fact rly interesting, it seems to do the same as water fast but in a shorter amount of time.
    Question is tho, if we have the possibility to do 1-3day dry fast, or 1-2week waterfast, what's actually better. Guess the body still has only limited capabilities to repair stuff during a certain timeperiod^^ thus prob maybe doing repeated 1day dryfasts might be more beneficial

With waterfasting they say tho, 3 days for optimum autophagy, then stem cells keep kicking off. For ideal autophagy more than 3 days in ketosis and fasted seem not to give more benefits. But stem cell and gutbiome keep getting positively affected especially 3/4days+. Doubt all that can be achieved with 1-2days dryfasting

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 jacknap's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Vitamin C is great, but you should make sure to get it derived from food sources(acerola cherry, cabbage, amla whatever)
    Ascorbic acid is from corn which doesn't even have vitamin c itself. Asc.A. is still an antioxidant, but lacks a lot of the actual vitamin C benefits.
    But during ilness probably vitamin c from foods, lemons, peppers are bestt. Some Zinc is great too.
    AppleCiderVinegar is decent for acidifying the body, fixes a bit insulin resistence and some other stuff.

Curcumin, ginger, cayenne pepper(a bit) might be beneficial.

Dk if partying means alcohol, but if yes. b vitamins + magnesium, some salt in water to regain lost minerals .
    Always loved bone broth when ill, or soups in general .

Garlic and oregano oil are natural antibiotics. Garlic has prob 1mil benefits it's always good haha , those and onions boost glutathione.
    Fasting is hard to say, probably always good. But might do IF dependent on how you feel.

Dry fasting is in fact rly interesting, it seems to do the same as water fast but in a shorter amount of time.
    Question is tho, if we have the possibility to do 1-3day dry fast, or 1-2week waterfast, what's actually better. Guess the body still has only limited capabilities to repair stuff during a certain timeperiod^^ thus prob maybe doing repeated 1day dryfasts might be more beneficial

With waterfasting they say tho, 3 days for optimum autophagy, then stem cells keep kicking off. For ideal autophagy more than 3 days in ketosis and fasted seem not to give more benefits. But stem cell and gutbiome keep getting positively affected especially 3/4days+. Doubt all that can be achieved with 1-2days dryfasting
    I read a book from a siberian doctor who studied dry fasting and the mechanism the body goes through in dry fasting is completely different then water fasting. The body becomes almost like an inferno and actually destroys sick/dead sells. I did a 24 hour one and yes I actually felt my body heating up.
    From rock bottom to rockstar, baby.