Hybrid View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slade's Recovery Log

Hi Everyone,

Long time pfs guy here, took the poison back in 2011 when I was just 18. Just a week on, felt terrible, threw the bottle away and crashed hard. All the symptoms from no libido to lethargy and huge brain fog.

Since then I have spent most of the years on raypeatforum.com, eating a high sugar, low pufa diet. Drinking lots of coffee too. I improved somewhat, but really only started feeling better after I began taking DHEA/Pregnenelone, which gave me a little boost in DHT and Allopregnenalone. I also tried taking thyroid for the last year or so, because it is supposed to upregulate 5ar. A few weeks ago I dropped all thyroid, hormones and began to finally lower my coffee intake (was drinking like as much as 50oz each day!), to see where my baseline was. I felt pretty crappy. I still have brain fog, lowish libido, and now I have nerve pains in my forearms, hands and back. I also get headaches, earaches and a strange pressure in the back of my head/neck which is worrisome. My nerves are sick of this, it's been 8 years, I need to recover!

So I decided to totally shift gears and dive into the TMO protocol:
    -I have started the paleo diet with carb backloading and am feeling less anxious (less coffee and sugar I assume)
    -trying to do the workouts with weights, but so far my joint pain is preventing me from going hard.
    -I want to order the herbs but am confused as to which ones I should start with and how to cycle them.
    -I orderred some Androhard and am really hoping a cycle will improve my symptoms!

I have plenty of questions:
    What kind of foods are good for carb backloading? Is pasta okay? Juices? Milk?
    How do you cycle the herbs? Just pick any 4 and go? There are so many of them, I don't know where to start.

Any advice and support is VERY APPRECIATED. I am just sick to death of this holding me back for so long....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, you must be sladerunner69 i remember reading your post about pfs over there in my darkest days!

You should read the whole TMO website but to answer your questions, for carb backloading use complex carbs like sweet potatos, potatos, glutenfree pasta, corncrackers, glutenfree oats... Yes, i drink lactosefree milk and i make my own fruit juices. You can cycle any of the herbs listed, each one day with the suggested dosage on the bottle. My first herbs were tongkat, tribulus, butea superba, cordyceps, pine pollen, mucuna.

Didnt you already cycled androsterone? I think you reported about improved sensitivity but got headaches from it so you decided you wanna go with niacinamide!?

You got this!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsemilia View Post
    Hey, you must be sladerunner69 i remember reading your post about pfs over there in my darkest days!

You should read the whole TMO website but to answer your questions, for carb backloading use complex carbs like sweet potatos, potatos, glutenfree pasta, corncrackers, glutenfree oats... Yes, i drink lactosefree milk and i make my own fruit juices. You can cycle any of the herbs listed, each one day with the suggested dosage on the bottle. My first herbs were tongkat, tribulus, butea superba, cordyceps, pine pollen, mucuna.

Didnt you already cycled androsterone? I think you reported about improved sensitivity but got headaches from it so you decided you wanna go with niacinamide!?

You got this!
    Wow I'm glad I could help! I know those days seemed impossibly rough.

Niacinamide certainly helps but did not completely cure me. I am now looking to get back to 100% and beyond.

Yes I did take a very little androsterone - probably just 10-20mg. It is hard to say because it was 1mg suspended in dmso, so the potency is unknown. I only used it once in a while, because I didn't see it as a potential cure, and probably only doses it fewer than 10 times total. So, this was nowhere near the 400mg-600mg daily dosage being recommended here. Further, after thinking about it recently, I realized that I had bad reactions to all of the DMSO supplements. They would give me headaches and make my eyes hurt, from progesterone to keto dht etc. I am thinking maybe it wasn't the androsterone after all, and it is definitely worth another try.

Okay I did go through the entire site and it is now much more clear. What did you notice when cycling the herbs? They are fairly expensive and I am going to have to save up a bit more before I can order them.

Also, are you drinking juice/milk during the day or just for carb backloading? I am wondering what a safe amount of carbohydrate/sugar is during the day. I think I feel better after having fruit and juice, and am used to trying to keep my blood sugar stable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slader1 View Post
    Wow I'm glad I could help! I know those days seemed impossibly rough.

Niacinamide certainly helps but did not completely cure me. I am now looking to get back to 100% and beyond.

Yes I did take a very little androsterone - probably just 10-20mg. It is hard to say because it was 1mg suspended in dmso, so the potency is unknown. I only used it once in a while, because I didn't see it as a potential cure, and probably only doses it fewer than 10 times total. So, this was nowhere near the 400mg-600mg daily dosage being recommended here. Further, after thinking about it recently, I realized that I had bad reactions to all of the DMSO supplements. They would give me headaches and make my eyes hurt, from progesterone to keto dht etc. I am thinking maybe it wasn't the androsterone after all, and it is definitely worth another try.

Okay I did go through the entire site and it is now much more clear. What did you notice when cycling the herbs? They are fairly expensive and I am going to have to save up a bit more before I can order them.

Also, are you drinking juice/milk during the day or just for carb backloading? I am wondering what a safe amount of carbohydrate/sugar is during the day. I think I feel better after having fruit and juice, and am used to trying to keep my blood sugar stable.
    I know its tricky sometimes to really feel effects from supplements and make sense out of it with this condition.
    But when i started using them they improved sleep, energy, libido, muscle tone...
    I drink milk and juice every day but in moderate amount.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samsemilia View Post
    I know its tricky sometimes to really feel effects from supplements and make sense out of it with this condition.
    But when i started using them they improved sleep, energy, libido, muscle tone...
    I drink milk and juice every day but in moderate amount.
    When I stopped eating carbs in the morning for a few weeks, I lost about 10 lbs (I could stand to lose about 30), but that stopped once I began eating carbs through the day again. I think I will try to cut out morning carbs again, it seemed to give me a good energy boost but around mid-morning I would feel irritable and tired. I think I just need to learn to give it more time to adjust to, I am very used to stuffing myself with carbs, dairy, and meat. I recently ran across some information about how inflammatory the casien protien in milk can be, and I think it is worth a trial of going dairy free for a time.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 weeks into androhard

Well alright fellas, I finally finished week 4 of my androhard run. I originally had wanted to try and push it for 6 or even 8 weeks, but I think I have to call it here. I have been having a difficulty concentrating (de-realization), dizziness, shortness of breath and an anxiety which I am sick of. I had these problems last time I took androsterone in a small dose (<10mg), so it was expected, considering this was a way bigger dose. I told myself I would push through it to week 4 no matter what.

I did notice many improvements while on it though, most notably in my member. My flaccid size bigger, and my erections were *much* harder and more sensitive. I also felt more energy and "alpha", especially the first couple weeks. I felt more powerful and stronger in the gym. I had fewer racing thoughts, and much more confidence. And of course my muscles became harder.

The first week I took only 200mg, 2nd Week 300 mg, weeks 3 and 4 I did 400mg. The effects diminished over time, but they were still there. The last couple days I began to get dizzy spells and had a lot of difficulty concentrating, so time to end it I think. It's a shame because I saw so much improvement...

I will begin the herb cycling now, and I will report back later this week!
    Last edited by slader1; 11-12-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey sounds great! These are similar effects from andro other people reported about. Sounds promising.
    I wanna start a cycle after my gastritis.

Did you felt pressure/ache on the prostate while taking it? Did your sleep improved?

People here also reported about a positive shift couple a days later after a andro cycle. What herbs you wanna start rotating?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey bro. You seem to be in a tough spot so I thought I would show some support. I'm by no means a veteran here, but I'm seeing results on the protocol so I thought I would weigh in. My worst symptom was derealization, still is sometimes but not very often. My brain fog was so brutal that it was like a psychosis split from reality and my vision was fucked. You can see details and all that on my introduction thread or my real thread. A few months ago I was in a horrible horrible spot. I started from the very ground up on the protocol, even though I've lifted weights for over a decade I stopped training and then did the water fast, implemented paleo, then implemented calisthenics then 3 weeks later light weight lifting, on and on. It was a slow process but I'm in a much better place then I was, and I haven't even began the herb rotation yet. It's also very intricate, if I cheat on my paleo diet, I get worse. If i masterbate, I get worse. I wouldn't dream on jumping on pro-hormones yet, especially in the state I was in months ago. That won't happen for me until at least May, and that's if I even decide I need them. I say all this because I noticed you didn't really follow the protocol as it was laid out on TMO, and I think that's required to recover honestly. I think you'll be fine but I would highly recommend starting from the ground up and taking your time with it. At first I just wanted to jump on the herbs and androhard and all that cuz I didn't want to suffer any longer but now Im happy I did.t Things can and will improve for you bro! Just follow the protocol as its laid out and you'll be good. Once again, I'm pretty new here and my opinion doesn't mean much but thats my two cents! Stay strong man!
    Last edited by Turnover25; 11-27-2019 at 09:11 PM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey bro. You seem to be in a tough spot so I thought I would show some support. I'm by no means a veteran here, but I'm seeing results on the protocol so I thought I would weigh in. My worst symptom was derealization, still is sometimes but not very often. My brain fog was so brutal that it was like a psychosis split from reality and my vision was fucked. You can see details and all that on my introduction thread or my real thread. A few months ago I was in a horrible horrible spot. I started from the very ground up on the protocol, even though I've lifted weights for over a decade I stopped training and then did the water fast, implemented paleo, then implemented calisthenics then 3 weeks later light weight lifting, on and on. It was a slow process but I'm in a much better place then I was, and I haven't even began the herb rotation yet. It's also very intricate, if I cheat on my paleo diet, I get worse. If i masterbate, I get worse. I wouldn't dream on jumping on pro-hormones yet, especially in the state I was in months ago. That won't happen for me until at least May, and that's if I even decide I need them. I say all this because I noticed you didn't really follow the protocol as it was laid out on TMO, and I think that's required to recover honestly. I think you'll be fine but I would highly recommend starting from the ground up and taking your time with it. At first I just wanted to jump on the herbs and androhard and all that cuz I didn't want to suffer any longer but now Im happy I did.t Things can and will improve for you bro! Just follow the protocol as its laid out and you'll be good. Once again, I'm pretty new here and my opinion doesn't mean much but thats my two cents! Stay strong man!
    THIS^^^^^^^
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Thanks for the inspiring words, I could really use them at a time like this. I am in a ridiculously bad spot mentally, I could never imagine brain fog being this awful. Every day is a total struggle, and I am trying to stay strong and pull through it. Though after years of struggling (to varying degrees), it's getting hard to stay strong, especially when it feels like my brain isnt there.

I also have bad headaches that come and go all over my head now. I get numbness across my nose, forehead and face. Constant dizziness/ unable to concentrate/ feeling lost. And my vision is definitely worse, I also get bad pressure inside my eyes. Anyone else get this?

It's been 3 weeks since I finished that androhard cycle, and I still feel very strange (and bad). My gf gave me hj last night, and my d*ck was shockingly sensitive. In fact it was too sensitive, and I burst a load in what seemed like seconds. It was physically more pleasurable than anytime I remember since getting pfs. Mentally, it was very bad, as I couldn't visualize or think happy thoughts. It's like I'm totally lacking a brain and all emotions, and its making everything I do uncomfortable, and ruining every experience.

Does anyone have any clue how I could have improved physically but worsened mentally on this stuff? It just makes zero sense. In the three weeks since the cycle my mental effects have only gotten maybe a little bit better, too.

I want to begin starting the protocol from the ground up, but I am finding it very difficult to even carry out basic tasks because of this severe mental discomfort. I tried cold showers, which gave my body energy but didnt help the braindead feeling/headaches. Ive tried meditation but it is impossible. I need something that will help pull me out of this right away, I'm thinking about trying 5a-dhp but worried that it might worsen me for some unknown, ridiculous reason...
    Last edited by slader1; 12-05-2019 at 06:18 PM.