Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by covfefe42 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, and wanted to start a log to document my road to recovery from hell!

I was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia, low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also occasionally get hit with pretty bad depression/anxiety and have seen some penile changes such as more veiny, etc.

It seems like my symptoms have improved a bit since first crashing in the beginning of August. I started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout. I also had cold/lifeless dick, which is now functional occasionally! However, I still have a long road to get back to baseline, and I still crash every 2-4 weeks where my symptoms all simultaneously get much worse for about a week.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse!

My first question is, how strict do we have to be with being low carb? I saw on TMO that we're allowed to eat fruit, but it's also recommended to eat low carb and high protein/fat. What would be the happy medium here? Thanks and I hope to join you all on the other side!!
    Bro literally the same thing here. Was on Finasteride for a year and did fine but switched to Dutasteride in late July. Only took two doses, one on July 29th and one on August 4th. Reacted badly to both of them and then crashed hard two weeks later after it reactivated Epstein Barr Virus (mono) for 3 or 4 months.

I feel for you man. It really sucks. Sleep issues, low libido, pulsating/throbbing nervous system, weakness, skin burning, feeling god awful in the head, and all of the rest that comes along with it. It's a nightmare. Keep doing the protocol. I'm 4 days in on a 7 day water fast and then picking up the diet again. It's the only way out. You got this.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-12-2020 at 05:02 PM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 covfefe42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Bro literally the same thing here. Was on Finasteride for a year and did fine but switched to Dutasteride in late July. Only took two doses, one on July 29th and one on August 4th. Reacted badly to both of them and then crashed hard two weeks later after it reactivated Epstein Barr Virus (mono) for 3 or 4 months.

I feel for you man. It really sucks. Sleep issues, low libido, pulsating/throbbing nervous system, weakness, skin burning, feeling god awful in the head, and all of the rest that comes along with it. It's a nightmare. Keep doing the protocol. I'm 4 days in on a 7 day water fast and then picking up the diet again. It's the only way out. You got this.
    BRO! That's around the same time I crashed too! Crazy to think someone else was going through the same thing at the same time haha.

What's crazy is that before switching to Dutasteride, I thought all the people who were complaining of PFS were hypochondriacs and that it wasn't real. Unfortunately I was very very wrong.

I'm very grateful to have found this website, and that a way out exists.

Thanks for your support and good luck on your journey as well man!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BRO! That's around the same time I crashed too! Crazy to think someone else was going through the same thing at the same time haha.

What's crazy is that before switching to Dutasteride, I thought all the people who were complaining of PFS were hypochondriacs and that it wasn't real. Unfortunately I was very very wrong.

I'm very grateful to have found this website, and that a way out exists.

Thanks for your support and good luck on your journey as well man!
    Literally thought the same thing. I thought it was a bunch of loonies online who were convinced they had some kind of damage because they were psychologically influenced by online rumors. Damnit was I so wrong too.

Keep in mind, the medication takes 4-6 months to fully clear the system. We should be around that marker. However, small amounts of it can still get stored in the fat and skin and remain there for awhile getting released back into the serum. This is why the fasting is vital.

And good luck to you too. I'll check in on your progress regularly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad news guys…

The past few months I’d been seeing great success while following the protocol. My symptoms were becoming more and more rare. I almost became overconfident, while at the same time getting highly disturbed at my progressing hair loss.

So I did something really stupid. I took Finasteride again. I figured since it never gave me sides in the past (taking Dut is what crashed me) that I’d be fine, but nope. I feel like I’ve fully crashed again. I’ve been depressed all day, not motivated to do anything, my dick is completely numb, my digestion is fucked up again and my sleep is destroyed.

At least I know that recovery is possible this time. But fuck, this sucks. What was I thinking, this time I’m just gonna try to move on from hairloss and let the chips fall where they may.

Starting a water fast soon, gonna shoot for 7 days. Coincidentally everything is shut down cuz of the coronavirus so now is a perfect time to start. Wish me luck!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad news guys…

The past few months I’d been seeing great success while following the protocol. My symptoms were becoming more and more rare. I almost became overconfident, while at the same time getting highly disturbed at my progressing hair loss.

So I did something really stupid. I took Finasteride again. I figured since it never gave me sides in the past (taking Dut is what crashed me) that I’d be fine, but nope. I feel like I’ve fully crashed again. I’ve been depressed all day, not motivated to do anything, my dick is completely numb, my digestion is fucked up again and my sleep is destroyed.

At least I know that recovery is possible this time. But fuck, this sucks. What was I thinking, this time I’m just gonna try to move on from hairloss and let the chips fall where they may.

Starting a water fast soon, gonna shoot for 7 days. Coincidentally everything is shut down cuz of the coronavirus so now is a perfect time to start. Wish me luck!
    **Queues Darth Vader NOOOOOO meme**

Bro, you were doing so well. Shit! 😭

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    **Queues Darth Vader NOOOOOO meme**

Bro, you were doing so well. Shit! ��
    Haha dude I know right, fuck my life. Hey man at least now you know what will happen if you ever think of going on Finasteride again hahaha

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha dude I know right, fuck my life. Hey man at least now you know what will happen if you ever think of going on Finasteride again hahaha
    Well we could've told you that. 😂 I'm never touching that stuff again. No way! When this is over, I'm getting a transplant...if I even care about hair anymore. But probably just shave it all.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well we could've told you that. �� I'm never touching that stuff again. No way! When this is over, I'm getting a transplant...if I even care about hair anymore. But probably just shave it all.
    Just fucking shave it. Take it from me....you're never going to have enough hair to make it as thick as you want and it's going to get harder and harder to cover the scar the more aggressiive they go. I've had four. Now I walk around with a massive scar from ear to ear.....don't give a fuck. If only I learned how to be a man before I permanently disfigured my head. But thankfully, I learned after. All of that money and recovery time because of my own insecurities and vanity. Come to find out I look better bald anyway. I could have saved 40k and a fucking Frankenstein scar across my Bic shaven scalp.

My saving grace....when I look in the mirror, I don't see it. Out of site, out of mind. Never had problems getting women because of it. It's all in your head guys.....ALL OF IT. You instruct people by your actions on the type of man you are....YOU dictate that....no one else. When it comes to you, it is what you say it is.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 04-26-2020 at 10:51 PM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Just fucking shave it. Take it from me....you're never going to have enough hair to make it as thick as you want and it's going to get harder and harder to cover the scar the more aggressiive they go. I've had four. Now I walk around with a massive scar from ear to ear.....don't give a fuck. If only I learned how to be a man before I permanently disfigured my head. But thankfully, I learned after. All of that money and recovery time because of my own insecurities and vanity. Come to find out I look better bald anyway. I could have saved 40k and a fucking Frankenstein scar across my Bic shaven scalp.

My saving grace....when I look in the mirror, I don't see it. Out of site, out of mind. Never had problems getting women because of it. It's all in your head guys.....ALL OF IT. You instruct people by your actions on the type of man you are....YOU dictate that....no one else. When it comes to you, it is what you say it is.
    Oh this is an older post. I shaved it. It's gone.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Oh this is an older post. I shaved it. It's gone.
    Liberating, isn't it? Now you can run DHT compounds till your hearts content and not worry about a thing.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"