Hey guys,

I'm new here, and wanted to start a log to document my road to recovery from hell!

I was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia, low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also occasionally get hit with pretty bad depression/anxiety and have seen some penile changes such as more veiny, etc.

It seems like my symptoms have improved a bit since first crashing in the beginning of August. I started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout. I also had cold/lifeless dick, which is now functional occasionally! However, I still have a long road to get back to baseline, and I still crash every 2-4 weeks where my symptoms all simultaneously get much worse for about a week.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse!

My first question is, how strict do we have to be with being low carb? I saw on TMO that we're allowed to eat fruit, but it's also recommended to eat low carb and high protein/fat. What would be the happy medium here? Thanks and I hope to join you all on the other side!!