Threaded View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by covfefe42 View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, and wanted to start a log to document my road to recovery from hell!

I was on Finasteride for 2 years with no sides, then switched to Dutasteride for a month, got sides, came off and got PFS (fuck). Symptoms aren't too bad compared to some of the stories I've seen. Mainly just insomnia, low libido, low energy, and digestive issues/constipation. Also occasionally get hit with pretty bad depression/anxiety and have seen some penile changes such as more veiny, etc.

It seems like my symptoms have improved a bit since first crashing in the beginning of August. I started off not able to sleep at all, now able to sleep 6-7 hours a night but wake up several times throughout. I also had cold/lifeless dick, which is now functional occasionally! However, I still have a long road to get back to baseline, and I still crash every 2-4 weeks where my symptoms all simultaneously get much worse for about a week.

So far have been following a Paleo diet (mostly meat, vegetables, and fruit), hitting the gym 3x/week, and preparing to start my first juice cleanse!

My first question is, how strict do we have to be with being low carb? I saw on TMO that we're allowed to eat fruit, but it's also recommended to eat low carb and high protein/fat. What would be the happy medium here? Thanks and I hope to join you all on the other side!!
    Bro literally the same thing here. Was on Finasteride for a year and did fine but switched to Dutasteride in late July. Only took two doses, one on July 29th and one on August 4th. Reacted badly to both of them and then crashed hard two weeks later after it reactivated Epstein Barr Virus (mono) for 3 or 4 months.

I feel for you man. It really sucks. Sleep issues, low libido, pulsating/throbbing nervous system, weakness, skin burning, feeling god awful in the head, and all of the rest that comes along with it. It's a nightmare. Keep doing the protocol. I'm 4 days in on a 7 day water fast and then picking up the diet again. It's the only way out. You got this.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-12-2020 at 05:02 PM.