User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    What form of HIIT cardio do you do?

    Regular sprints or something different? What rest time and number of sets do you use ATM?
    Thought it would be interesting to see.
    I've recently been trying punching bag HIIT but still experimenting with rest times and number of rounds, seems to easier than regular sprints for some reason.

  2. #2
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Regular sprints or something different? What rest time and number of sets do you use ATM?
    Thought it would be interesting to see.
    I've recently been trying punching bag HIIT but still experimenting with rest times and number of rounds, seems to easier than regular sprints for some reason.
    It is easier because it's not as taxing as sprints are.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

  3. #3
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    It is easier because it's not as taxing as sprints are.
    Yeah thought so.. would I still get all the benefits of HIIT by doing more rounds, less rest time between rounds, to make up for it being easier?
    I love mixing it up sometimes.

  4. #4
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    3,696
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    Yeah thought so.. would I still get all the benefits of HIIT by doing more rounds, less rest time between rounds, to make up for it being easier?
    I love mixing it up sometimes.
    You can certainly mix it up, for sure, but your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body and using them in this fashion burns alot of oxygen. This increases the work load on your heart and lungs which is great health-wise. But yes, you can most definitely play around with the sets and times along with varying the exercises.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

  5. #5
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    You can certainly mix it up, for sure, but your legs are some of the biggest muscles in your body and using them in this fashion burns alot of oxygen. This increases the work load on your heart and lungs which is great health-wise. But yes, you can most definitely play around with the sets and times along with varying the exercises.
    Yeah I'll still definitely do either sprints or jump rope at least once a week. I do HIIT twice a week so the other can be boxing so I'm doing one lower body and one upper body. I'll try 30-45 sec rest and 10+ sets see how hard that is then take it from there.
    Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •