Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smithy's Recovery

Hey ppl,

I have just finished a 10 day juice fast, i honestly felt great for the majority of days i was juicing, mind was clear and energy was good but some days were bad felt like i wasn't improving, but what i can take away from the juice fast was that i had more good days than bad so that's a positive .. Im on my first proper paleo day today and i am struggling to get in calories, i have tracked my food and I'm hitting around 1,500 calories which is far below my maintenance. I was hitting 3,000 calories at one point before my fast.

Anyone have any meal ideas or suggestions that can help me ?

Cheers,
    Smithy

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Hey ppl,

I have just finished a 10 day juice fast, i honestly felt great for the majority of days i was juicing, mind was clear and energy was good but some days were bad felt like i wasn't improving, but what i can take away from the juice fast was that i had more good days than bad so that's a positive .. Im on my first proper paleo day today and i am struggling to get in calories, i have tracked my food and I'm hitting around 1,500 calories which is far below my maintenance. I was hitting 3,000 calories at one point before my fast.

Anyone have any meal ideas or suggestions that can help me ?

Cheers,
    Smithy
    Eat more fat and backload at night. Have you started exercising yet?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    Eat more fat and backload at night. Have you started exercising yet?
    Hey CD,

Yeah i exercised earlier, did a small enough light weightlifting session, didn't want to overdo it because i haven't been to the gym since before the fast. Is it okay to fill myself up with carbs after training not just gluten free carbs ?.. I used to make a big shake which includes oats, milk, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit etc.. Will i scrap that or would you say i could squeeze it in ?

Smithy

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey CD,

Yeah i exercised earlier, did a small enough light weightlifting session, didn't want to overdo it because i haven't been to the gym since before the fast. Is it okay to fill myself up with carbs after training not just gluten free carbs ?.. I used to make a big shake which includes oats, milk, peanut butter, protein powder, fruit etc.. Will i scrap that or would you say i could squeeze it in ?

Smithy
    As long as you're avoiding gluten those things would be fine.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you're avoiding gluten those things would be fine.
    Okay, Ill start including that shake again, cheers for the reply CD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people that are carb backloading, are you able to eat fruit during the day or do you keep it for after training seeing as fruit is basically a carb ?.. And what happens if you can only train in the mornings or around noon ?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people that are carb backloading, are you able to eat fruit during the day or do you keep it for after training seeing as fruit is basically a carb ?.. And what happens if you can only train in the mornings or around noon ?
    I think most fruit is allowed during the day because it's got a lot of fructose which doesn't raise blood sugar much, and goes to the liver for storage. Whereas starchy carbs raise blood sugar quite significantly, break down into glucose, and go to the muscle for storage if there is room. Bananas are the exception as they are quite high in glucose when very ripe, I use them to backload.
    I train in the mornings, and I still only start backloading on my evening meal.
    Please someone correct if I'm wrong with any of this ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey ppl,

I started implamenting Spirulina into my green smoothie in the morning and im not sure if its all in my head or not, but i think its having a really bad effect on me. My brain fog is back at its worst and its proper getting me down. I think i seen a post a while back on spirulina but i can't remember if it was this site or not.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Spirulina or am i just having some bad days ?

Cheers,
    Smithy

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey ppl,

I started implamenting Spirulina into my green smoothie in the morning and im not sure if its all in my head or not, but i think its having a really bad effect on me. My brain fog is back at its worst and its proper getting me down. I think i seen a post a while back on spirulina but i can't remember if it was this site or not.

Has anyone had a bad experience with Spirulina or am i just having some bad days ?

Cheers,
    Smithy
    If you feel this way, stop, and then go without for a few days and see if it abates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you feel this way, stop, and then go without for a few days and see if it abates.
    Will do, Ill stop taking it as of tomorrow..