User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post dogglaw's log.. looking for hope and guidance

hey guys, long time lurker and first time poster here. i'll start this off by heaping a big thank you to cd, as well as to guys like jacknap, master mal, ricktheruler, and any other regular here who doesn't have to spend time helping people out of the shit show that pfs is, but does so anyways. you guys are invaluable.

unfortunately, i'm starting this log and posting right now out of a sense of concern for where i find myself at this moment. but, before i get there, please allow me to communicate the parts of this journey that i think are worth mentioning.

first things first, im pretty damn young. i actually first got pfs when i was 18. my freshman year of college. im 19 now. needless to say, its been a weird experience that no one around, even my closest friends, can really understand. it is what it is.

i started taking the shit september 2018, noticed a scary and steady decline, and stopped taking it april 2019. you guys know what this part is like, its no fucking good. i spent about two months in a hellish, lethargic, foggy place, not knowing what to do and reading all of the wrong articles. it was this forum and the protocol that offered me a sort of light at the end of the tunnel, so now i'm coming back to it with some questions of my own.

second half of june i got on the protocol, starting with a week long juice feast, and it was slow, but i was getting better. it was a rough summer, but i put in the time and started the protocol.

by the end of the summer, i had added a few pieces to the protocol and this was what i was looking at

cold showers
    11 herb rotation
    veggie juice with 2-3 teaspoons of pine pollen every morning
    vitamin d
    niacinamide
    vitamin bounty pro 50 prebiotic
    200 mg caffeine
    200 mg l theanine
    cutting out gluten
    meditation
    glycine mixed w chamomile tea
    weight training 4 times a week with run and sauna afterwards

i made steady gains running this, getting to the point where i no longer felt anxious. sleep was still tricky, but i had gotten my quick thoughts, sense of humor, and musical inclination back. i felt attractive and i was getting along with the ladies. i hardly ever came back to check the forum and was able to shake out the pfs mindset. i wasn't perfect, as i was still having difficulty concentrating on things like schoolwork, but i thought things would be okay and that the worst of it all was behind me.

because of this, i let myself drink a few times throughout the semester. being a college student in the city, i felt this pressure that i had to go out and live the young mans life, and so i did. i know now that this was a bad call. towards the end of the semester, i had run out of my pine pollen powder and my probiotics. because i don't have very much money, it took me a while to restock. without those things, i didn't feel great but i didn't feel anywhere nearly as bad as i had before. i got home for the break and slowly got worse. i blamed it on lack of stimulation and a stressful family situation, and those two things probably had a role, but i know that i should've been on top of my nutrition more. as i don't have a car, i haven't been hitting the gym very much, and i drank way too much around new years.

a week after new years, i feel as if i've crashed again. the awful lethargy is back and the brain fog is too. i feel crushed. i know im strong enough to weather the storm but this has been a huge test. i don't mean to send a long post to the tune of 'woe is me,' but i feel really demoralized and need hope and guidance. to have gone through that journey before and be back at this place is really scary.

i recently restocked on pine pollen, have been making my morning juice again, and started trying jarrow's s boulardii probiotic. what do you guys think of my situation? my biggest concern right now is that i go back to university pretty soon and i want to be in okay health over there. do you guys have any suggestions for supplements that i should add? additionally, should i do a fast before i go back? i feel like im back in the crash state and its killing me.

thank you for taking the time to read this. any words of wisdom that you guys might have for me are more than welcomed.
    Last edited by dogglaw; 01-08-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bru you did it once, so you can do it again. Let's go ;D
    Focus on the natural stuff, on good food, good sleep, gym, add some yoga, don't think too much about university for now, get some deep breaths in. Focus on health day by day till it gets more comfortable than stepping out of it. ^^

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to the drinking, I think you have to pick one:

1) Drinking regularly.
    2) Recovering from PFS.

So whichever of those two is most important to you, that’s the route you should go down. I think it’s obvious that #2 is the way to go. You may be fully recovered in 1 year, so you could still drink and whatnot later on in college. You can definitely make friends, date, etc among non-partiers as well, so you don’t have to become a hermit either. I would just follow the program and I think everything will be fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Bru you did it once, so you can do it again. Let's go ;D
    Focus on the natural stuff, on good food, good sleep, gym, add some yoga, don't think too much about university for now, get some deep breaths in. Focus on health day by day till it gets more comfortable than stepping out of it. ^^
    thanks man, actually means a lot. i've been feeling pretty shaken up, but those types of words matter.

do you, or anyone else who's looking around, think a fast at this point is the right move? i'm fortunate enough to still have a week long window before classes start where i can complete it without having to worry about other obligations. i'm a bit afraid of getting real skinny, but if it'll be a significant boon i'll tough that shit through.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsGo View Post
    With regards to the drinking, I think you have to pick one:

1) Drinking regularly.
    2) Recovering from PFS.

So whichever of those two is most important to you, that’s the route you should go down. I think it’s obvious that #2 is the way to go. You may be fully recovered in 1 year, so you could still drink and whatnot later on in college. You can definitely make friends, date, etc among non-partiers as well, so you don’t have to become a hermit either. I would just follow the program and I think everything will be fine
    you're right man. i can chalk it up to immaturity or whatever the hell, but at the end of the day the right path here is the one that's straight and narrow. thanks for the feedback. i've got a whole damn life ahead of me and i need to understand the importance of it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally belive fasting is the best thing for pfs. I'd even do a waterfast for the week, mainly cuz it's not only easier but waaaay less work. (But if you eat carbs dont go below 5/6 days xd, it's only starving then). Then keep the juicing(or blending) in the morning added to your regular diet.
    You gotta keep in mind the refeed is even more important so plan your week ahead if you decide to go for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also worth mentioning is that i've been gnarly sick all week... surely that has had a role in how lousy i've been feeling but i don't know when its gonna go away. i've just been eating light, broths, teas, homemade juice, and continuing to take protocol stuff.. my mom wants me to go to the doc but i'm reluctant to because of a lot of the stuff i've read on here about the importance of riding out sickness. i do however, feel pretty damn rough. everything hurts essentially and the fatigue is a mofo. the sleep has been awful and its reminding me way too much of crash state.

its been 5 days and i usually never get sick for longer than like 3. any input you guys?
    Last edited by dogglaw; 01-10-2020 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahahaha man they say sickness is a good thing. I got completely fuked by high fever with tons of shit for 2 full weeks lol, and now 3weeks later I still have sore throat. Didn't want to take antibiotics no matter what cuz of the shit I read aswell, but now I think this was pretty damn risky XD, still glad I managed without. I literally couldn't move for 3 days AT ALL, like going to WC was putting me down for 4-5hours LOL XDD, then got no sleep for 2 weeks due to steady coughs lol. It's shitty with all the scary stuff one can read, but I'd say if you GET sick, means your immunsystem is somewhat working which is great.

Might be coincidence but my heartbeat which was awful the whole time is a bit better after this.

Usually what happens is a viral infection due to weakened immunsystem, and then a bacterial one follows and this puts most people down for 10-14days without antibiotics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    ahahaha man they say sickness is a good thing. I got completely fuked by high fever with tons of shit for 2 full weeks lol, and now 3weeks later I still have sore throat. Didn't want to take antibiotics no matter what cuz of the shit I read aswell, but now I think this was pretty damn risky XD, still glad I managed without. I literally couldn't move for 3 days AT ALL, like going to WC was putting me down for 4-5hours LOL XDD, then got no sleep for 2 weeks due to steady coughs lol. It's shitty with all the scary stuff one can read, but I'd say if you GET sick, means your immunsystem is somewhat working which is great.

Might be coincidence but my heartbeat which was awful the whole time is a bit better after this.

Usually what happens is a viral infection due to weakened immunsystem, and then a bacterial one follows and this puts most people down for 10-14days without antibiotics.
    should i keep up my pine pollen veggie juice, protocol supplements, and probiotics right now? i'm just pretty confused to be honest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    idk, eating healthy and getting plenty of rest is probably key when sick, wouldn't force cold showers or so unless your body craves it. I'm not sure about probiotics, I focused more on prebiotics usually like cabbage or so, dont know about probiotics when ill. Adding some teas with antiinflammatory properties might be beneficial like turmeric, chamilione or rhooibos and cuttin sum ginger in or whatever, some garlic here and there. Some intermitted fasting maybe, eat when hungry. I consider herbs more like healthy food, dont think they're bad even then, but wouldnt go ham on them aswell