User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogglaw View Post
    refeed done. back on protocol, including pine pollen and probiotics everyday. had a nice little upswing a couple days ago and now i'm a bit down again. in my upswing i felt some things come back online in a way they haven't in a while. i saw some clarity, hung out with close friends, and i made some goals. anxiety/fog wasn't all the way out, but it was a lot better.

now down again, it just kind of hurts and i the strong negative emotions of anxious fog are back. i try my best to fight it, but that state can be a real bitch. having had so much experience with it at this point, i truly wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone.

i've also been getting a lot of food cravings that are hard to ignore when i feel down. but i'm trying. i'm not eating processed garbage or anything of that nature, but i at times feel like i'm eating too much and eating to cope. but, forward is the way. progress feels really slow when you're low, but its happening. i just have to stay the course.
    Hey brother, I’m a fellow brain fog sufferer too. Also a student. I know how hard it can be with fog and anxiety. If it helps, go check out my thread and find the post I made about ending my fast and hitting an upswing. It’s all part of the course man, things are improving drastically later on down the line so just keep at it and remember you’ll be fine.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey brother, I’m a fellow brain fog sufferer too. Also a student. I know how hard it can be with fog and anxiety. If it helps, go check out my thread and find the post I made about ending my fast and hitting an upswing. It’s all part of the course man, things are improving drastically later on down the line so just keep at it and remember you’ll be fine.
    thanks a ton champ. you don't have to send these kind words my way but you do so anyways. that means a lot. i get the long game aspect of the protocol, and i recognize that this shit aint always gonna be peaches and cream. i just hate the feeling of seeing people who you know and care about and just not being all the way there to talk them. also the sensation of your normal passions and personality being dulled and not knowing that base feeling that you always had before pfs. right now i'm still in a place where i feel quite anxious talking to someone who isn't in my closest circle, and when i work on things that i know are supposed to be building towards long term goals, the satisfaction and motivation is lagging. but you have to hold onto the good flashes. i made such a meaningful recovery before this recent setback, and thats a big reason why its so tough right now. i made so many steps forward and i got pushed back to this painful state that i thought would stay in the past forever. but, its instrumental to lean on the fact that i did indeed get better, and not that it got worse again.

i'm trying my damn hardest, and i know that this state is temporary, but it takes a lot. its just scary at times, a man can get filled with doubt. but, i will say that at the end of the day hope and despair both weigh the same amount and its up to us to tip the right scale.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 xxaleksi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks a ton champ. you don't have to send these kind words my way but you do so anyways. that means a lot. i get the long game aspect of the protocol, and i recognize that this shit aint always gonna be peaches and cream. i just hate the feeling of seeing people who you know and care about and just not being all the way there to talk them. also the sensation of your normal passions and personality being dulled and not knowing that base feeling that you always had before pfs. right now i'm still in a place where i feel quite anxious talking to someone who isn't in my closest circle, and when i work on things that i know are supposed to be building towards long term goals, the satisfaction and motivation is lagging. but you have to hold onto the good flashes. i made such a meaningful recovery before this recent setback, and thats a big reason why its so tough right now. i made so many steps forward and i got pushed back to this painful state that i thought would stay in the past forever. but, its instrumental to lean on the fact that i did indeed get better, and not that it got worse again.

i'm trying my damn hardest, and i know that this state is temporary, but it takes a lot. its just scary at times, a man can get filled with doubt. but, i will say that at the end of the day hope and despair both weigh the same amount and its up to us to tip the right scale.
    In the early stages what helped me tremendously was trying to separate your thoughts from what you actually do. There will be days where you feel like shit, anxious, terrified and don't really feel like going to the gym, sprinting, or taking a cold shower. But you still have to do them anyway. Meditation helps a ton with this. Eventually you'll notice you haven't had those racing thoughts, anxiety and feelings of terror in months. Our minds are working against us a lot of the time with PFS.
    Last edited by xxaleksi; 01-28-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stopping by to say that even though shit can be hard, perseverance matters and sometimes simply being able to withstand all the rough shit is worth celebrating in and of itself. i’ve been venting a lot on here, but in more positive places the gym is starting to feel natural and enjoyable again. did a full workout, hiit, and hit the sauna today. definitely helps with anxiety.

my focus right now is on destressing, my stress levels have definitely been really high. i know pine pollen is the shit and i’ve felt first hand its benefits, but i think the dose i’ve been at has been stressing out my system a bit. so for now i’m gonna take a lower dose, just the one spoon instead of 2-3. i’ve also been reading about stress and trauma and how it affects the brain, and how to sort of defuse it, as i know that its a huge part of this. i’m working. butterflies and rainbows still aren’t exactly greeting me every morning, but best foot forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wanted to post some positivity. decent day so far today. don't feel panicky. don't have awful food cravings. feel more mentally present than i've been feeling. took my protocol supps, had my morning veggie juice w pine pollen for breakfast, and some salmon and brussel sprouts for lunch. gonna hit the gym later after my last class of the day. everyone who's on this journey, keep on truckin and keep on doing things right. time can pass slow at times, but you've got to put it on your side in dealing with this. things will improve with commitment and grit.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wanted to post some positivity. decent day so far today. don't feel panicky. don't have awful food cravings. feel more mentally present than i've been feeling. took my protocol supps, had my morning veggie juice w pine pollen for breakfast, and some salmon and brussel sprouts for lunch. gonna hit the gym later after my last class of the day. everyone who's on this journey, keep on truckin and keep on doing things right. time can pass slow at times, but you've got to put it on your side in dealing with this. things will improve with commitment and grit.
    Awesome! And very true. Keep us updated. 🙏