User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kicked the cold a few days ago and i've been starting a 5-7 day water fast today. i need to get this ship back on track and i think this is a good way to jumpstart that.

anyone who is reading this and is in the early phases of dealing with pfs, please let this be an important word of caution. don't indulge until pfs is long gone. i did so, thinking that there was no way i could get pushed that far back, and i paid the price by being set back in a major way. it's been a profoundly upsetting experience, and as a young man i'm currently in a place in life where i feel like i need to be working hard towards my future. the return of heavy symptoms makes that really hard, but i'm gonna be doing everything i can to put myself in a better place. things are just really hard right now. i'd be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed in myself and where i'm at.

but life has to go on. i made very meaningful progress before, and i'm going to make it again, this time putting pfs in the rear view mirror forever. it's been done, and i have to believe in my own ability to do it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have to be honest, i'm pretty scared right now. i'm on the third day of water fasting and what's killing me is the amount of brain fog that i have. it's making me question everything, and a mere two months ago i thought i'd never have to deal with it at this level again.

thinking about my family, thinking about my friends, thinking about where i want to be and how far off that feels. i'm just a scared kid right now man. i've tried breathing exercises and meditation but that's only done so much. i'm not gonna do anything stupid but i'm struggling. i need hope. what can i do? any recommended reading or videos i can watch to calm this storm? i'm really sorry to bring negative talk onto this forum, it just means a lot to be able to voice this to other people who have been through this. i sincerely want to get better and see some of those brighter days.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogglaw View Post
    i have to be honest, i'm pretty scared right now. i'm on the third day of water fasting and what's killing me is the amount of brain fog that i have. it's making me question everything, and a mere two months ago i thought i'd never have to deal with it at this level again.

thinking about my family, thinking about my friends, thinking about where i want to be and how far off that feels. i'm just a scared kid right now man. i've tried breathing exercises and meditation but that's only done so much. i'm not gonna do anything stupid but i'm struggling. i need hope. what can i do? any recommended reading or videos i can watch to calm this storm? i'm really sorry to bring negative talk onto this forum, it just means a lot to be able to voice this to other people who have been through this. i sincerely want to get better and see some of those brighter days.
    Stay strong, it does and will get better. Your body is going through a healing crisis, releasing bringing up a lot of toxicity which ends up exuberating symptoms.

You're not going to feel good fasting while sick, it's very tough but necessary at this stage. Rest, sleep as much as you can if possible

If you need to end the fast, end it or go on to juicing which is a lot easier on the system

After you finishing fasting and start eating again, thats when you will feel the difference of improvement. What you're experiencing right now is routine.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don’t be scared bro, I went through the SAME thing on my water fast. Brain fog was brutal and I could barely function or drive or anything, it was like I split from reality. It went away a couple days after I ended the fast, your body is in a detox stage so you might get that brain fog/dizzy sensation. You’re good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    both of yall, thank you so much. you've got no idea how much words like that mean at points like this. a few hours later, i feel fine. as you guys know this shit aint easy but i know i'm steering the ship in the right direction. currently making plans for how to best integrate the protocol into my college schedule this semester. here's to kicking this things ass and vanquishing pfs once and for all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    also, what advice to you guys have for breaking the fast? i know and recognize that what you eat after the fact is also super important. i was thinking greens and berries smoothie for the first couple of days, then after that phasing in the normal paleo diet with good probiotics like sauerkraut and greek yogurt.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    both of yall, thank you so much. you've got no idea how much words like that mean at points like this. a few hours later, i feel fine. as you guys know this shit aint easy but i know i'm steering the ship in the right direction. currently making plans for how to best integrate the protocol into my college schedule this semester. here's to kicking this things ass and vanquishing pfs once and for all
    Good for you.

- - - Updated - - -

also, what advice to you guys have for breaking the fast? i know and recognize that what you eat after the fact is also super important. i was thinking greens and berries smoothie for the first couple of days, then after that phasing in the normal paleo diet with good probiotics like sauerkraut and greek yogurt.
    No:

To break the fast you want to start with melon, or something easily digestable. Eat that all day. Then SLOWLY reintroduce heavy and heavier foods as the says go on.

Biggest mistake I see people making is eating too much too fast along with making the wrong food choices.
    Last edited by Cdsnuts; 01-19-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    first day of class today. broke fast yesterday, just been sticking to raw fruit and will until sunday or so, when i'll slowly start to reintroduce heavier foods.

my brain fog and anxiety are still really bothering me. i have flashes here and there of less of it but it still really hurts to be dealing with that again after i had succeeded in mostly pushing that away. my classes this semester are pretty difficult, and i'm worried i won't be able to perform the way i want to. i'm meditating as much as i can, and getting ready to start hitting the protocol full force again after my refeed is done. but it's hard right now. this relapse has shaken me and i need to start feeling progress again. i need to keep my best foot forward and have faith.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    first day of class today. broke fast yesterday, just been sticking to raw fruit and will until sunday or so, when i'll slowly start to reintroduce heavier foods.

my brain fog and anxiety are still really bothering me. i have flashes here and there of less of it but it still really hurts to be dealing with that again after i had succeeded in mostly pushing that away. my classes this semester are pretty difficult, and i'm worried i won't be able to perform the way i want to. i'm meditating as much as i can, and getting ready to start hitting the protocol full force again after my refeed is done. but it's hard right now. this relapse has shaken me and i need to start feeling progress again. i need to keep my best foot forward and have faith.
    Spend some more time on the breathing exercises AND cold showers to knock out brain fog. No such thing as too many cold showers or breath work.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    refeed done. back on protocol, including pine pollen and probiotics everyday. had a nice little upswing a couple days ago and now i'm a bit down again. in my upswing i felt some things come back online in a way they haven't in a while. i saw some clarity, hung out with close friends, and i made some goals. anxiety/fog wasn't all the way out, but it was a lot better.

now down again, it just kind of hurts and i the strong negative emotions of anxious fog are back. i try my best to fight it, but that state can be a real bitch. having had so much experience with it at this point, i truly wouldn't wish that feeling on anyone.

i've also been getting a lot of food cravings that are hard to ignore when i feel down. but i'm trying. i'm not eating processed garbage or anything of that nature, but i at times feel like i'm eating too much and eating to cope. but, forward is the way. progress feels really slow when you're low, but its happening. i just have to stay the course.