User Tag List

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How important is sex?

I realise avoiding masturbation is important. And that sex is okay and potentially beneficial?
    But what about complete abstinence, is that still good and will be fine to completely recover?

Reason I ask is because I don't have a partner and I'm afraid of STIs from sleeping around.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sex is beneficial, not just okay. Being loved and loving someone will help you in many ways, including recovering.

Total abstinence is okay, but difficult for many of us. It’s healthier than regular fapping, that’s for sure.

I would say that there are other options besides sleeping around and being abstinent like a monk - you could find an understanding partner while you recover. If you have a casual encounter you can use a condom, which greatly reduces the chances of you getting an STI.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    I realise avoiding masturbation is important. And that sex is okay and potentially beneficial?
    But what about complete abstinence, is that still good and will be fine to completely recover?

Reason I ask is because I don't have a partner and I'm afraid of STIs from sleeping around.
    Sex is the reason for our existence, so, in terms of importance, it's of the utmost, biologically speaking.

That being said, you can still recover without it, but recovering with it is much better. It is of my opinion that a healthy sexual relationship with a caring partner during this time can only HELP your situation because of the complex interplay of pheromones and hormones that come together with the two sexes. Constant exposure to these things slowly bring out the best hormone complex available.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Established Member Feedback Score 0 entropy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do what's natural to you bud. If you don't want sex and all the complications right now that's cool. However sex is also a key milestone, sometimes you'll surprise yourself once you get going and those pheromones, hormones, complicated interactions that we don't understand... They're always positive.
    Cervix stabbing ftw.