User Tag List

Thread: probiotics

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

probiotics

what do you guys here think of probiotics to take care of the gut?

i was taking vitamin bounty pro 50 probiotics for a while and i improved... but i don't know if it was the probiotics of the other parts of the protocol that were helping me. when i ran out i recently tried s boulardii probiotics per recommendations i've seen, but i got pretty sick when i started taking them so i stopped.

what do you guys think? obviously, one of the big parts of pfs is the gut and i just want to be proactive on that front. not cutting corners here, as i know the rest of the protocol has to be dialed in. that being said, are there any probiotics that you guys have taken that you find helpful and recommend?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High quality probiotics probably good. But not without fasting and reefeding properly prior. Since SiBo seems to be an issue for a lot of PFS people at the start, probiotics could feed SiBo aswell. Then from my understanding the new bacteria can win over the bad ones if the gut is prepped. With a bad gut tho just adding probiotics might not be the best way.
    Prebiotics are definitely great, like some sauerkraut/prickled cabbage or kefir daily. Still gotta be careful since even those can create detox reactions. And too strong detoxreactions are just as bad for the body.

Absolute best thing for the gutbiome is fasting, the longer the better, but even IF works there. Cold showers/Saunas. Gym. Low sugar, high nutrient foods, ofc skipping gluten, and maybe lectins too for awhile. Any kind of wheat is bad. Resistent starches are good.
    Last edited by Bankai9000; 01-17-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With probiotics and fermented foods they are good but start REALLY slow and small amounts then build it up.
    When I drank too much kefir before my body was used to it I was in bed for days.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogglaw View Post
    what do you guys here think of probiotics to take care of the gut?

i was taking vitamin bounty pro 50 probiotics for a while and i improved... but i don't know if it was the probiotics of the other parts of the protocol that were helping me. when i ran out i recently tried s boulardii probiotics per recommendations i've seen, but i got pretty sick when i started taking them so i stopped.

what do you guys think? obviously, one of the big parts of pfs is the gut and i just want to be proactive on that front. not cutting corners here, as i know the rest of the protocol has to be dialed in. that being said, are there any probiotics that you guys have taken that you find helpful and recommend?
    I'm not too familiar with brands but a good probiotic can only help you when dosed right.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"