Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ballin' On a Budget

Hey guys,

Wanted to see if I could get any help regarding following a Paleo diet (with carb backloading) on a budget. I've been running into some problems with especially beef, as it is just so expensive. I'm still on a student budget so I'm not able to go for the organic or grass-fed options. On average, what are you guys spending per week on groceries? Any tips to keep it cheap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of beef you lookin at? Beef mince is a lot cheaper than other cuts. Organ meats such as liver are even cheaper.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Benq123 View Post
    What kind of beef you lookin at? Beef mince is a lot cheaper than other cuts. Organ meats such as liver are even cheaper.
    I usually go with lean ground beef, not grass-fed or anything. About $3.75 per pound at the cheapest.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    Hey guys,

Wanted to see if I could get any help regarding following a Paleo diet (with carb backloading) on a budget. I've been running into some problems with especially beef, as it is just so expensive. I'm still on a student budget so I'm not able to go for the organic or grass-fed options. On average, what are you guys spending per week on groceries? Any tips to keep it cheap?
    While organic and grass fed is optimal, it's not going to make or break your recovery, so don't stress over it too much. As long as you're following the main points of the protocol you'll be fine.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Thanks man.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Very cool. Thanks man.
    As a matter of fact, this can be said for most of the regimen. The way it's outlined is taking the best possible way you can do it into consideration. That being said, again, as long as the basic frame work is there, it's going to do what it's supposed to.

I stress these things because some guys will take it upon themselves to really deviate from the program.....that's when it becomes a problem.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    As a matter of fact, this can be said for most of the regimen. The way it's outlined is taking the best possible way you can do it into consideration. That being said, again, as long as the basic frame work is there, it's going to do what it's supposed to.

I stress these things because some guys will take it upon themselves to really deviate from the program.....that's when it becomes a problem.
    CD, I know you've probably covered this a thousand times, but for my very first run with DHT prohormones, should I try and buy an older bottle of Androhard from one of the guys here or just go with the Transdermal by Muscle Gelz? I've seen some guys talk about the label and ingredients being recently changed.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    CD, I know you've probably covered this a thousand times, but for my very first run with DHT prohormones, should I try and buy an older bottle of Androhard from one of the guys here or just go with the Transdermal by Muscle Gelz? I've seen some guys talk about the label and ingredients being recently changed.
    Go with TD. As far as DHT PH's go, it's my best recommendation given the market currently.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep the meals simple and clean. I learned to eat bland foods being in PFS and I enjoy them quite a lot. Once you start adding in the fancy stuff your tastebuds want that.

Focus on buying carbohydrate sources in bulk like brown basmati rice, white basmati rice, dried beans (if you digest them well), potatoes, polenta (cornmeal). Figure out your favorite carbohydrate.

Focus on buying good quality animal protein like lean minced beef, beef tartar, chicken, etc. Don't overthink the organic stuff if you are on a tight budget.

I think vegetables are important - some poeople don't think they are. Focus on the bulk vegetables like carrots and onions. Add them to your meals.

Buying things in bulk is the cheapest and even the healthiest I would say. A lot of fancy stuff is unhealthy chemicals or food combinations put together so your tastebuds get an experience - instead of feeding the body.
    Last edited by The Goat; 02-04-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
    Keep the meals simple and clean. I learned to eat bland foods being in PFS and I enjoy them quite a lot. Once you start adding in the fancy stuff your tastebuds want that.

Focus on buying carbohydrate sources in bulk like brown basmati rice, white basmati rice, dried beans (if you digest them well), potatoes, polenta (cornmeal). Figure out your favorite carbohydrate.

Focus on buying good quality animal protein like lean minced beef, beef tartar, chicken, etc. Don't overthink the organic stuff if you are on a tight budget.

I think vegetables are important - some poeople don't think they are. Focus on the bulk vegetables like carrots and onions. Add them to your meals.

Buying things in bulk is the cheapest and even the healthiest I would say. A lot of fancy stuff is unhealthy chemicals or food combinations put together so your tastebuds get an experience - instead of feeding the body.
    I second that.
    Everyone around me thinks I eat so boring and plain, but because it's all that I eat and never cheat, I actually love the taste of it.