User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick check in: still feeling pretty fookin good. Good enough to take on this MF covid19. Ain’t shit.

(For journaling purposes)

Notable improvements:

Episodes of jaundice are becoming much less frequent and intense (only had 2-3 these past few weeks).

Thermogenesis is definitely back online, in a healthy way. Blood flow/pressure is good, and I definitely don’t feel or look as anemic as I was prior. There were a few nights after some He Shou Wu (favorite herb so far) & Tongkat where I was steaming hot though.

Able to achieve 6-7 hrs of uninterrupted sleep fairly consistently, long as I remain regimented about zero screen time, keeping room dark/cold, not jacking up glucose levels, etc.

Brain fog/memory/concentration issues have significantly faded. Interacting w/ others has become enjoyable again and the wit/fluency of thought that really characterized me prior to PFS has been making a serious comeback. Stress and anxiety is definitely under much more control & I feel more grounded in my sense of self.

Notable regressions:

Libido has dwindled i.e lost the brain-ball connection I regained a few days after starting the herbs. Its non-existent right now, and libido is very low or gone as well. Nocturnals may have been taking a hit as well, as my piece hasn’t been hanging all that great. I still don’t really wake up with morning woods, but when I wake up in the middle of the night I typically have some true kickstands.

Also had an episode of extremely sore nuts, almost identical to the first symptoms I experienced while on fin. It subsided a little bit after sex in the same way. I can’t say I’m not slightly concerned, as this is also a hallmark symptom for some who were about to hit a downswing/crash. Either way, doesn’t matter as it’s par for the course and I’m strapped w/ the protocol.

In fact, overall & in general, I’m not concerned about PFS right now and am genuinely happy and proud with my progress so far.

A few questions:

I just re-upped on my pine pollen. I am blowing through it fairly quickly at a tbsp/day. Do you guys think I’m good to start dialing it back a bit, and if so, what size dose would you suggest that I try dialing it back to for starters?

Bone broth. I really want to make this a daily thing. The bennies are too great. Only issue is that I’ve had a negative experience the past few times I consumed Kettle & Fires Beef broth. I didn’t write down or catalogue exactly how I felt, but I remember that it was distinct, it sucked, and it was more than likely attributable to the broth. I remember experiencing some similar things when I threw some scoops of Vital Proteins collagen in my smoothies. I know my guy @bankai knows what I’m talking about. Either way, I want to figure out how to make it work and if anyone has had similar experiences or suggestions I’d like to hear them. Secret recipes also seriously appreciated.

Fat consumption. I calculated out my fat consumption on the back of a napkin, and I’m clearing 100g in just daily ingredients that I cook with or put in smoothies I.e olive oil, ghee, coconut milk, hemp hearts, flax, etc.. ~ half of that is saturated. This does not take into consideration the meats that I eat, including fish almost daily & steak frequently, or the copious amounts of fucking sunflower seeds/butter, walnuts, and coconut shavings I’ll scarf down in a day. Point being, I’m going to try my best to just cut out my precious nuts and maybe diversify with a few avocados here and there. I’m actually making good gains in the gym and currently look like Poseidon, so I don’t want to tweak my macro split too much, but I know I’m taking in more fat than what’s necessary. I’m thinking out loud rn, but do any of you guys keep track of your macros, and if so, what’re your splits? Damn looked like he had it dialed, considering his before and after pics.

Where my boys Turnover, dogglaw, covfefe, bowsa @? Hope you all are doing well & if not, sending you my best. We seem to be at similar points in our lives/journeys, so i like hearing good tings from you guys.

That’s it for now. Looking forward to hearing back from you all.

Best,

Ratchet
    Last edited by Ratchet; 03-02-2020 at 07:50 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bru ! 7hours sleeptime is great man, if ya can hit that consistently is nice af for your body^^ So long ya get any kinds of night errections that's great aswell, it means yo dick is healthy/healing.

And I know I'm repetetive but especially for ya fasting more would be goood, jaundice is a huge indicator for your liver not cleaning right man, if that shows to the outside it means your liver probably has definitely issues with the regulation of hormones aswell, not only sex hormones but this affects EVERYTHING. . And as we all know now we need those to be on point haha

Wouldn't worry too much about brain-dikk, I'd guess if yo body calms/heals this comes back online randomly

Personally not using pine pollen daily, more like 2x a week, sometimes more when I "feel" like it. And with the collagen it seems that some ppl have these brain/mental issues with the high glycine content(maybe something else), I'd be very careful with that one. Just skip that completely if you really feel ANY adverse reaction, wouldn't risk it there. Just use it once or twice a week, no need to get that in daily. You still eat other foods ;p most people never get any broth in at all xD
    I got some high quality 5Types Collagen powder and that shit smells like a chemical bomb. So I use it maybe once a week. And make real bone broth 2x a month to eat for like 6days lets say.

With the diet/macros I don't care at all about anything anymore. I try to fast for a minimum of 12h a day and this varies between 12-20h(14h average). My only goal is to get daily some fat, some carbs and some protein, from real whole foods. Trying not to eat first 2-3h after waking up and also not eating at least 2h pre bed. Hemp/flax/pumpkin/chia etc are really good foods, people underestimate the small stuff, like good salt, grass fed butter, olive oil and not eating processed gives a LOT of health. I use daily frozen berries and some greens in a shake with whey, tastes like fkin heaven man. I really started to enjoy this healthy eating, eventho I'm overeating XD

Keep it up mate

edit: and it's funny how fast you forget how bad things were, I've absolute 0 pain in ma nuts or penile pain at all anymore. Was pretty much a 24/7 thing for over half a year I'd guess now . Didn't even notice xD

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

Quick check in.

Overall, I’m still doing well. I hope all you boys are staying healthy and finding ways to maintain protocol during this pandemic.

Two major things that I’ve really been struggling with for the past three weeks though are no libido and complete emotional flatness/blunting/whatever you want to call it. I feel completely robotic and like I have no guiding intuition, feelings, or emotions. I describe it as disassociation but my therapist tells me that that’s incorrect. This is hard on a 24 year old trying to find their way in the world. It’s even harder when my compass and self validation is tied to my libido, of which I have none. Fin absolutely shattered my worldview and sense of self and these episodes of disassociation and feeling like I have no grounding in who I am or what I want keep occurring. They are to the point that I actually researched and considered prodromal schizo, but again, my therapist reassured me that’s not what it is. I’m with them on this one too, since I’m a neurotic basket case at the end of the day. The only upside is that i don’t seem to feel anxiety until I go like four iterations deep into a thought and really spin myself out, at which point I just come out of my head that much more disoriented and flat.

Any vets here who also experienced things like this? I could really use some reassurance. I know @Damn said that he would vacillate between extreme anxiety and the inability to give a shit about anything, which seems to be similar to my situation. But i feel like I’m experiencing full blow fucking ego death at some points, and my personality now is just me trying to act as the person that I think I was before I all of this.

Is this par for the course? This has been the hardest part of my journey so far I think. I feel close to breaking through though, and I would really appreciate any suggestions or recommendations.

I’m on protocol 100% since Jan 1, was on protocol 70% since off Fin on 10/11/2019.

1 tbsp pp daily
    Rotation herb (Cistanche, he shou wu, Shilajit, black ant, schisandra, maca, Tongkat Ali, cordyceps).
    ~700mgs mag at night (500 mg natural calm, 200 mg doctors best glycinate)

All the best & thank you!

Ratchet

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Bru ! 7hours sleeptime is great man, if ya can hit that consistently is nice af for your body^^ So long ya get any kinds of night errections that's great aswell, it means yo dick is healthy/healing.

And I know I'm repetetive but especially for ya fasting more would be goood, jaundice is a huge indicator for your liver not cleaning right man, if that shows to the outside it means your liver probably has definitely issues with the regulation of hormones aswell, not only sex hormones but this affects EVERYTHING. . And as we all know now we need those to be on point haha

Wouldn't worry too much about brain-dikk, I'd guess if yo body calms/heals this comes back online randomly

Personally not using pine pollen daily, more like 2x a week, sometimes more when I "feel" like it. And with the collagen it seems that some ppl have these brain/mental issues with the high glycine content(maybe something else), I'd be very careful with that one. Just skip that completely if you really feel ANY adverse reaction, wouldn't risk it there. Just use it once or twice a week, no need to get that in daily. You still eat other foods ;p most people never get any broth in at all xD
    I got some high quality 5Types Collagen powder and that shit smells like a chemical bomb. So I use it maybe once a week. And make real bone broth 2x a month to eat for like 6days lets say.

With the diet/macros I don't care at all about anything anymore. I try to fast for a minimum of 12h a day and this varies between 12-20h(14h average). My only goal is to get daily some fat, some carbs and some protein, from real whole foods. Trying not to eat first 2-3h after waking up and also not eating at least 2h pre bed. Hemp/flax/pumpkin/chia etc are really good foods, people underestimate the small stuff, like good salt, grass fed butter, olive oil and not eating processed gives a LOT of health. I use daily frozen berries and some greens in a shake with whey, tastes like fkin heaven man. I really started to enjoy this healthy eating, eventho I'm overeating XD

Keep it up mate

edit: and it's funny how fast you forget how bad things were, I've absolute 0 pain in ma nuts or penile pain at all anymore. Was pretty much a 24/7 thing for over half a year I'd guess now . Didn't even notice xD
    Also, thanks for all of your input!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any experience with this?

https://seed.com/male-daily-synbiotic/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Easter you filthy animals.

The time may have arrived. I’m seriously considering a run with Androhard in the next couple months, something I would have never considered six months ago. Directionally, I have improved significantly since quitting fin exactly 6 months ago & on protocol, but I’m at a point where I think a run could really shift me into next gear.

The worst sides that I still experience & would like to ideally tackle are:

No libido whatsoever/No spontaneous erections
    Anhedonia/ emotional blunting
    Episodes of disassociation/derealization

I identify with @Alchemy in regards to the above, so I’d love some input if you read this.

Also, my cock is still hourglassed sometimes, and my erection size has definitely taken a hit (I think it’s atrophy from lack of blood flow and consistent erections) so a bathmate might also be on the table. I’m also only 24, so if you guys suggest that I give it more time, I definitely will.

I haven’t faltered from the protocol since I started it (except for some cheat meals, which for me consists of coco bliss ice cream or a bag of siete grain free chips) and I’ve been on herbs for about 3-4 months now. I’d have to go look at older posts to confirm, but I think I’m primed for a run.

My first question is:

Fast one more time? I have been making gains in the gym and put on 2-3 more lbs than when I started my initial fast. I’m also much leaner than I was and my body composition has definitely changed. I attribute this to a newer macro split that is way higher in fats. I would like to fast, since I come out feeling really good & more motivated to manage my diet and training, plus all of the amazing benefits you get from fasting in general. If I did fast, would I need to cycle herbs for another 2-3 months before a run, or could I jump right into it?

My upswings and downswings have been more intense lately. While I feel amazing on upswings, minus the issues I laid out above, my downswings are also becoming more intense, especially when it comes to the disassociation and emotional blunting. Can anyone here speak to what I can at least expect from the Andro? I know everyone is different, but my downswings are pretty gnarly now. Will it target these things? Because otherwise, I’m continuing to make strides just keeping it totally natural.

On a lighter note, my sides that have significantly improved and continue to do so include:

Sleep - I can achieve 6.5-7.5 hours uninterrupted @ which point I’m able to fall right back asleep again.

Brain fog - I still have minor bouts here and there, but interacting with others is fluid again and the head pressure/‘thinking through a blanket feeling’ is short lived.

Nocturnal erections - every night. No morning wood still though, and erections could be harder. I can definitely feel a difference in girth, which is what I seem to have lost some of. Slight length as well, about 1/4”. But I’m confident these are recoverable.

Mild jaundice in hands - occurs very rarely, usually only during a downswing.

And all in all, just feeling generally better. Life feels livable again, and I’m starting to feel more excited than fearful at what the future holds.

All the best boys!

Ratchet
    Last edited by Ratchet; 04-12-2020 at 11:19 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 DefRecover's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man

Congrats on the progress! Sounds like you are doing really well.

Also sounds like we are at relatively similar points. My main remaining sides are no libido, no spontaneous erections, sleep issues (and for me gut issues). I also get nocturnal erections, but tough to get one naturally during the day.

The upswings and downswings don’t seem to be as pronounced for me. But i think they are definitely there. For me seem to be a week or two slightly up and a week or two slightly down. But overall I think a fair bit better than baseline.

I can only speak for myself, but I am going to stick with the herbs for another 6 months. Perhaps I am a bit of a puss, but the prohormones scare me a bit. In addition to throwing my hormones out, am worried about losing more hair from up top and then growing more on the body (hairy enough thanks!). Are you noticing anything overt from the herbs? I haven’t yet, but the vets here seem to say that you notice more the better you get. I was planning to continue until I start noticing the effects before the next step...

Just my 0.02!

Def

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DefRecover View Post
    Hey man

Congrats on the progress! Sounds like you are doing really well.

Also sounds like we are at relatively similar points. My main remaining sides are no libido, no spontaneous erections, sleep issues (and for me gut issues). I also get nocturnal erections, but tough to get one naturally during the day.

The upswings and downswings don’t seem to be as pronounced for me. But i think they are definitely there. For me seem to be a week or two slightly up and a week or two slightly down. But overall I think a fair bit better than baseline.

I can only speak for myself, but I am going to stick with the herbs for another 6 months. Perhaps I am a bit of a puss, but the prohormones scare me a bit. In addition to throwing my hormones out, am worried about losing more hair from up top and then growing more on the body (hairy enough thanks!). Are you noticing anything overt from the herbs? I haven’t yet, but the vets here seem to say that you notice more the better you get. I was planning to continue until I start noticing the effects before the next step...

Just my 0.02!

Def
    Hey Def, I appreciate the response man. Since posting, I have decided to hold out on the prohormones & continue with the rest of the protocol for a bit. I’ve only been on it for around 4 months, which in retrospect isn’t that long & also reassuring considering the progress that I’ve made.

In regards to herbs, I have definitely felt like they are able to lift me out of the worse parts of PFS and provide some relief, but they haven’t started to work in the other direction for me yet. The only noticeable exception to this was my first week on pine pollen where my libido, energy, and mental clarity all turned back on at once. I remember dosing a tbsp & feeling pronounced effects within 45 mins. Also, i do continue to have great days with He Shou Wu. Not sure if it’s coincidence or synchronicity, but if you don’t have it in rotation I would definitely add it. Best of luck to you & I look forward to seeing your progress!

On another note, I decided to do another 5+ day water fast. I’m halfway through day 2 as I type this & dont have anything notable to report. I will continue to post updates.

All the best.

Ratchet
    Last edited by Ratchet; 04-14-2020 at 07:35 AM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man, just wondering, what does your diet consist of?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    Hey Def, I appreciate the response man. Since posting, I have decided to hold out on the prohormones & continue with the rest of the protocol for a bit. I’ve only been on it for around 4 months, which in retrospect isn’t that long & also reassuring considering the progress that I’ve made.

In regards to herbs, I have definitely felt like they are able to lift me out of the worse parts of PFS and provide some relief, but they haven’t started to work in the other direction for me yet. The only noticeable exception to this was my first week on pine pollen where my libido, energy, and mental clarity all turned back on at once. I remember dosing a tbsp & feeling pronounced effects within 45 mins. Also, i do continue to have great days with He Shou Wu. Not sure if it’s coincidence or synchronicity, but if you don’t have it in rotation I would definitely add it. Best of luck to you & I look forward to seeing your progress!

On another note, I decided to do another 5+ day water fast. I’m halfway through day 2 as I type this & dont have anything notable to report. I will continue to post updates.

All the best.

Ratchet
    The thing with waterfasts, so long you take care to refeed on whole foods avoiding processed ones for at least the 1st week. Benefits for the body(not only pfs) seem to come up for 6months from just one 5-7+day waterfast.
    If you handle minimum 5 FULL days (120h+) I'm really interested in how you will feel in 2-3months time. Keep it up mate

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Hey man, just wondering, what does your diet consist of?
    It consists of organic, whole foods. No gluten. No grains. No legumes. No dairy. I also don’t do egg whites, tomatoes, cacao, mushrooms, or pork (for whatever reason, these are the foods that I irrationally stay away from & theyre just not even worth trying to incorporate rn). The only processed foods that I’ve eaten that I can think of are dried fruits (goji berries, dates, mangos), a shitload of sunflower seed butter, a shitload of coconut shavings, coconut milk w/o emulsifiers, some siete grain free chips occasionally, and like two pints of coconut bliss Madagascar vanilla (I eat a lot of coconut, probably not good for me). I make my own almond milk too, just straight almonds, that I use in like a sunflower seed/Goji berry cereal or my smoothies.

My breakfast typically consists of a meat (usually leftovers) heated in ghee and cooked with like half an onion and a lot of garlic. I eat half an onion and probably 6-7 cloves of minced garlic a day. Don’t ask me why, I just like it that way. Good for sulfur intake or something. I’ll also usually eat whatever leftover veggies I have from the night before. On top of that, I’ll have two large forkfuls of sauerkraut/kimchi. 2x a week I eat chicken liver. I also eat 3-4 egg yolks 2-3x a week.

I usually eat an apple (honeycrisp only, on god) and a raw carrot for a snack after breakfast and before lunch.

For lunch, it’s a salad. I rotate types of greens/salad mixes weekly for variation. I typically add 2 Brazil nuts and a can of sardines to it, followed by some peppers/olives/other vegetables that make sense. Sometimes walnuts &or sunflower seeds. Olive oil. Salt & pepper.

Dinner is some sort of variation of meats and vegetables, with a sweet potato or a squash added in for backloading.

I also have a green shake, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. These things are massive and should probably be considered a meal in and of themselves. my base always includes a handful of spinach, celery/cucumber or fennel/zucchini, 3tbsp of hemp hearts or 2tbsp of flax, a thumb sized piece of turmeric & ginger, 2 scoops of vital proteins collagen, cinnamon, coconut milk. From there, I add in different fruits, (blueberries&beets, kiwis/avocados/pineapple, etc etc. I do go light on fruit though, as fructose is really bad for you, especially in highly absorbable, blended form). I also add in more vegetables like broccoli, kale, red cabbage, etc. I have a few recipes that I’ve dialed, but I continue to experiment. Other than that, I steam all of the veggies every other day before I blend them to reduce oxalates & things like that.

This is probably more than you asked for, and I’m sorry to not synthesize it more cohesively for you. I’m probably forgetting some things too. Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more man! (Or any suggestions, too)
    Last edited by Ratchet; 04-14-2020 at 06:33 PM.