User Tag List

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    The thing with waterfasts, so long you take care to refeed on whole foods avoiding processed ones for at least the 1st week. Benefits for the body(not only pfs) seem to come up for 6months from just one 5-7+day waterfast.
    If you handle minimum 5 FULL days (120h+) I'm really interested in how you will feel in 2-3months time. Keep it up mate
    I wish I had known this before I started this fast. I water fasted for 5 full days in January, and refed really well (see diet answer above for general idea). I didn’t touch fruit, nuts, or any sugar for 3+ weeks after either. I plan on doing the same with this fast, hopefully it will tack on some more glorious benefits and finally sort my liver out. I will keep you updated!

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    It consists of organic, whole foods. No gluten. No grains. No legumes. No dairy. I also don’t do egg whites, tomatoes, cacao, mushrooms, or pork (for whatever reason, these are the foods that I irrationally stay away from & theyre just not even worth trying to incorporate rn). The only processed foods that I’ve eaten that I can think of are dried fruits (goji berries, dates, mangos), a shitload of sunflower seed butter, a shitload of coconut shavings, coconut milk w/o emulsifiers, some siete grain free chips occasionally, and like two pints of coconut bliss Madagascar vanilla (I eat a lot of coconut, probably not good for me). I make my own almond milk too, just straight almonds, that I use in like a sunflower seed/Goji berry cereal or my smoothies.

My breakfast typically consists of a meat (usually leftovers) heated in ghee and cooked with like half an onion and a lot of garlic. I eat half an onion and probably 6-7 cloves of minced garlic a day. Don’t ask me why, I just like it that way. Good for sulfur intake or something. I’ll also usually eat whatever leftover veggies I have from the night before. On top of that, I’ll have two large forkfuls of sauerkraut/kimchi. 2x a week I eat chicken liver. I also eat 3-4 egg yolks 2-3x a week.

I usually eat an apple (honeycrisp only, on god) and a raw carrot for a snack after breakfast and before lunch.

For lunch, it’s a salad. I rotate types of greens/salad mixes weekly for variation. I typically add 2 Brazil nuts and a can of sardines to it, followed by some peppers/olives/other vegetables that make sense. Sometimes walnuts &or sunflower seeds. Olive oil. Salt & pepper.

Dinner is some sort of variation of meats and vegetables, with a sweet potato or a squash added in for backloading.

I also have a green shake, sometimes in the morning and sometimes at night. These things are massive and should probably be considered a meal in and of themselves. my base always includes a handful of spinach, celery/cucumber or fennel/zucchini, 3tbsp of hemp hearts or 2tbsp of flax, a thumb sized piece of turmeric & ginger, 2 scoops of vital proteins collagen, cinnamon, coconut milk. From there, I add in different fruits, (blueberries&beets, kiwis/avocados/pineapple, etc etc. I do go light on fruit though, as fructose is really bad for you, especially in highly absorbable, blended form). I also add in more vegetables like broccoli, kale, red cabbage, etc. I have a few recipes that I’ve dialed, but I continue to experiment. Other than that, I steam all of the veggies every other day before I blend them to reduce oxalates & things like that.

This is probably more than you asked for, and I’m sorry to not synthesize it more cohesively for you. I’m probably forgetting some things too. Thanks for the question, let me know if you have any more man! (Or any suggestions, too)

Interesting, I've noticed there are plenty of different variations of diets people use so I was curious. But thanks for the detail! Haha. Your experience is very similar to mine so I was curious as to what kinda stuff you ate. Recently I decided to implement dairy back into my diet (lactose free) for the first time in years, shortly after I experienced about a 3 hour window where my brain fog lifted completely for the first time since last summer, it's since gone but it was very noticeable. My mind was like a flowing river where all my thoughts and ability to think was flowing, forgot what it felt like. Also, libido came back full force and is better than before. Bloating also improved dramatically. I've come to the conclusion that B vitamins are crucial, and they can be difficult to get, I know for a fact I wasn't getting enough B12 before I added dairy and tunafish. But since then I've stopped being so limited on my diet, as long as its "healthy" and paleo I'll eat it. Lately my brain fog is still there and I'm still living in somewhat of a dementia type state, but I've noticed that I have way more of my memories at my disposal. They seem to pop up randomly here and there and I kinda remember who I am and who I "was" before this more clearly. That's sadly how bad my brain fog is/was. But anyways, just my 2 cents that it's important to give your body what it needs, I personally think my diet was too limited because I only ate fruits, veggies and meat. That takes a ton of different nutrients out of the equation, and I was doing that for "Gut health" but my late experience has me believing that my body is craving nutrients and my gut isn't so much of an issue.

I was also curious because some of the things you list such as yellowish/jaundice hands, feeling cold or anemic, and maybe some other stuff I can't remember can possibly be attributed to low Vitamin B9 or B12. I experienced all of those first hand with low B vitamins, even before I took fin.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-14-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    Interesting, I've noticed there are plenty of different variations of diets people use so I was curious. But thanks for the detail! Haha. Your experience is very similar to mine so I was curious as to what kinda stuff you ate. Recently I decided to implement dairy back into my diet (lactose free) for the first time in years, shortly after I experienced about a 3 hour window where my brain fog lifted completely for the first time since last summer, it's since gone but it was very noticeable. My mind was like a flowing river where all my thoughts and ability to think was flowing, forgot what it felt like. Also, libido came back full force and is better than before. Bloating also improved dramatically. I've come to the conclusion that B vitamins are crucial, and they can be difficult to get, I know for a fact I wasn't getting enough B12 before I added dairy and tunafish. But since then I've stopped being so limited on my diet, as long as its "healthy" and paleo I'll eat it. Lately my brain fog is still there and I'm still living in somewhat of a dementia type state, but I've noticed that I have way more of my memories at my disposal. They seem to pop up randomly here and there and I kinda remember who I am and who I "was" before this more clearly. That's sadly how bad my brain fog is/was. But anyways, just my 2 cents that it's important to give your body what it needs, I personally think my diet was too limited because I only ate fruits, veggies and meat. That takes a ton of different nutrients out of the equation, and I was doing that for "Gut health" but my late experience has me believing that my body is craving nutrients and my gut isn't so much of an issue.

I was also curious because some of the things you list such as yellowish/jaundice hands, feeling cold or anemic, and maybe some other stuff I can't remember can possibly be attributed to low Vitamin B9 or B12. I experienced all of those first hand with low B vitamins, even before I took fin.
    I appreciate the input! I have tried goat kefir a few times & it gives me gnarly farts and definitely does something to my gut. I’m not sure if it’s good or bad, but I’ll reconsider it because I like dairy & didn’t have issues with it before. Most exclusions that I make are precautionary and I plan on slowly reintroducing things. I was periodically supplementing methyl-b12 which didn’t have any discerning effect for me, and I thought I was getting plenty diverse B’s from the meat and vegetables that I eat, most notably chicken liver.

The dementia type state that you reference is exactly how I have been feeling too. The “dissociative”/disconnect from reality is all too real, no irony intended. As with everything here, I’m still positive that we’re going in the right direction and these intense bouts of brain fog/dementia/disassociation whatever we want to call it will soon dissipate and we can begin the next leg of our journey. Looking forward to your next update.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed the same thing regarding my memory. As I start feeling more like myself again it's like my old memories "unlock" so to speak. Seems to happen in reverse chronological order too.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I was just happy to be able to "feel the day" so to speak. At my worst it just seemed there was no "feel" to anything. Just a blank numbness. Seeing as emotions are almost impossible to explain this is the only way I can put it. When my mind started "losening up" I was able to feel more subtle things that were lost for so long. This is a great sign. It's these little breaks in the clouds that give you hope and motivation to keep going.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barbaar View Post
    I've noticed the same thing regarding my memory. As I start feeling more like myself again it's like my old memories "unlock" so to speak. Seems to happen in reverse chronological order too.
    Same, the memories that are popping into my head are from when I was really young or teenage years. I haven't thought of them in so long I find myself thinking "That was me??" Or "I did that?" kinda like I forgot my life until now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    I was just happy to be able to "feel the day" so to speak. At my worst it just seemed there was no "feel" to anything. Just a blank numbness. Seeing as emotions are almost impossible to explain this is the only way I can put it. When my mind started "losening up" I was able to feel more subtle things that were lost for so long. This is a great sign. It's these little breaks in the clouds that give you hope and motivation to keep going.
    The other week I had a morning where I "felt the day" again. I walked downstairs and the slider was open and I could smell the grass and it just felt like a comfortable Saturday morning. Also, on a cloudy/rainy day I experienced that feeling where you want to just relax and watch Netflix and the rain is calming rather than just a gray ass gloomy depressing smog of gray outside. I forgot life felt like that. I'm back to my anhedonic state now. It came after a slight diet change so I think I'm on a better track now.

Breaks in the clouds is a good way to put it.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    The other week I had a morning where I "felt the day" again. I walked downstairs and the slider was open and I could smell the grass and it just felt like a comfortable Saturday morning. Also, on a cloudy/rainy day I experienced that feeling where you want to just relax and watch Netflix and the rain is calming rather than just a gray ass gloomy depressing smog of gray outside. I forgot life felt like that. I'm back to my anhedonic state now. It came after a slight diet change so I think I'm on a better track now.

Breaks in the clouds is a good way to put it.
    Life. We forget how comfortable and relaxed we can feel naturally after going through this. Once you get it back though, you appreciate that shit unlike ever before.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey all, I’m rounding out day 4 of a 5 day water fast. I just wanted to see if any you have any suggestions for the refeed. Last time I did bone broth, steamed veggies, an avocado. I ended up shitting it all out. Looking for something tasty & nutritionally optimal!

Best,

Ratchet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just finished my 2nd 5-day water fast. Definitely easier this time around, body seemed much more equipped than last time. That being said, this was one of the busiest/most stressful weeks at work I’ve ever had, so not optimal timing for my fast. We completely moved warehouse locations w/ two guys, so physically demanding too.

Some notable experiences:

Day 2: Severe brain fog —> this lead to extreme emotional breakdown. Copper purge, hormone shifts, extreme anxiety & stress, keto flu, who knows what caused it? Slept well afterwards though.

Day 3: Recovery from day 2. Slowly felt better. Nothing notable.

Day 4: Energy burst & clarity. Felt well enough for an intense downhill bike ride & weight session.

Day 5: Sluggish af.

Refed w/ a kettle&fire beef bone broth, celery, spinach, cilantro, arugula microgreens, green onion, garlic, a little ghee (all cooked w/ each other). 1/4 cup bubbies sauerkraut & 1/4 cup fermented carrots. Hardly shit anything out this time!

Green shake ~2hrs later. Steamed dino kale, purple kale, & beet greens in blender w/ parsley, lemon wedge, small green apple, ginger, turmeric, cucumber, & 2 scoops vital proteins collagen. I thought this would really do me in, but aside from some stomach gurgles, all good.

Went to bed ~hour later & woke up & had a nice, solid poop. Slept well the entire fast, only one wake up/night & easily fell back asleep.

5’9”. Dropped from 172lbs to 159lbs, haven’t checked to see what I’ve rebounded to. It looks like I’m actually a little less muscular at my leanest this time around, so I don’t plan on extended fasting again for another
    8-12 months. I probably should have waited two more months until this fast, but oh well.

I’m going to really focus on gains from here on out. Just hit a 5x5 @ 225 on bench, so strength is still there. Testing squats & deadlifts these next few days.

I also want to incorporate more food diversity. I’m going to start by adding goat kefir for dairy & potentially some beans for backloading down the road.

Enjoying another green shake for breakfast today, different ingredients this time around around. I really want to go buy a grass fed ribeye for dinner tonight, you guys think that’s too much too quickly? It’d be ~26 hours post fast.

All the best,

Ratchet