User Tag List

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnover25 View Post
    The other week I had a morning where I "felt the day" again. I walked downstairs and the slider was open and I could smell the grass and it just felt like a comfortable Saturday morning. Also, on a cloudy/rainy day I experienced that feeling where you want to just relax and watch Netflix and the rain is calming rather than just a gray ass gloomy depressing smog of gray outside. I forgot life felt like that. I'm back to my anhedonic state now. It came after a slight diet change so I think I'm on a better track now.

Breaks in the clouds is a good way to put it.

I am so so looking forward to this. You describe it so perfectly and simply. This is what I’ve been missing. It’s a blank appreciation that comes from your senses but goes far far deeper.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbbould View Post
    I am so so looking forward to this. You describe it so perfectly and simply. This is what I’ve been missing. It’s a blank appreciation that comes from your senses but goes far far deeper.
    Yeah man, take it from someone who has suffered from the worst of the worst cognitive decline from PFS, you can definitely recover. The first time it happened where my brain "turned on" it was very distinct, you're going to notice it immediately, it's like your thoughts are all laid out in front of you and it's extremely easy to think and speak. I think you're a lot closer than you think also, I swapped out different fruits/veggies in my diet, added some nuts and dairy, coconut water and focused on eating more fish and shellfish and I had my first mental upswing within days. My advice would be to play around with your paleo diet and see which foods work better than others. In my experience, you might "hit the nail on the head" a few times where you eat the right things and your brain switches on and off. I'm no where near where I want to be, but the experience has given me new legs and showed me what we are working toward.
    Last edited by Turnover25; 04-19-2020 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys,

I’m going to take some time away from the forum and do my best to really focus on all of the other areas of my life that aren’t PFS. This seems like a necessary next step in the healing process. Thank you to all who have contributed to my thread & helped me through my experience so far. I look forward to seeing your progress when I return when the time is right!

All the best,

Ratchet

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey man I didn't mean to say we should fast only once every 6months cuz I think that's how you understood me^^
    They say that sick people should fast even once a month 5-7days (Valter Longo's words). Extraordinary healthy people 2x a year and the average person 3-4x a year.
    I'm also not saying "do this to fight PFS"^^. So the fast you did should bring in only positivies mate

And fruits aren't the enemy, they gave me a lot of energy during this whole journey, no way I could do it without them. But you need to make sure your gut is somewhat working before going hard on fruits And veggies.
    Food diversity(gut bacteria diversity) seems to be one of the leading key markers for health

See yaa Ratchet!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Hey man I didn't mean to say we should fast only once every 6months cuz I think that's how you understood me^^
    They say that sick people should fast even once a month 5-7days (Valter Longo's words). Extraordinary healthy people 2x a year and the average person 3-4x a year.
    I'm also not saying "do this to fight PFS"^^. So the fast you did should bring in only positivies mate

And fruits aren't the enemy, they gave me a lot of energy during this whole journey, no way I could do it without them. But you need to make sure your gut is somewhat working before going hard on fruits And veggies.
    Food diversity(gut bacteria diversity) seems to be one of the leading key markers for health

See yaa Ratchet!
    If doing a substantial fast of three weeks or so, I would say simply from personal experience that one of these a year, tops, and that's if you're sick. Otherwise, I would say once every five years as a form of a "tune up" is more then sufficient.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in provide an update, as the forum seems a bit more active than usual.

I took a break from the forum, but not really. I was off for about a month & then started periodically checking it almost every week to keep up with everyone else & search for support/validation when I needed it.

That being said, I’ve been feeling much better overall for the past month/two months almost. To kick things off with the positives:

Almost no brain fog/mental symptoms I.e concentration, finding words, trouble speaking, dementia, fucked up/dysfunctional thought processes. This is the most notable improvement for me, & I think those who are slammed with mental sides know what I’m talking about. I had convinced myself at one point that i was going to go schizophrenic and completely lose it, so its been an amazing respite filled with good conversation, laughter, and just a better overall affect. My friends and family have noticed this, and I’m feeling positive about the future. I find myself thinking forward most of the time now, unlike before. What’s even better, is that this has held up despite hammering my body with things that might not be conducive to health and healing. I haven’t drank/smoke/“gluttened” myself yet, but my diet has definitely fallen off hard and I’ve found myself pushing the boundaries with homemade ice cream, dried/frozen fruit, nuts, fried plantains, chiccharones, & sugar almost every night. Seriously, I smacked an entire 2lb Costco bag of blueberries last night, it was disgusting. I’ve also been through multiple, very stressful periods at work, relationships, etc. that haven’t really brought it back out like they used to. In other words, I’m definitely more tolerant of stress.

Another incredible development – and I want those who deal with this to hear it - my hourglass, my “potato in a sock” dick, my FUBAR’d tourniquet of a cock, isn’t so. Seriously, the hourglass is gone. I’ve even stress tested this too by engaging in things that normally would have made it more pronounced or rear it’s ugly head (jerking off, pushing really hard while peeing, you know what I’m talking about), but it seriously doesn’t seem to be there anymore. It now gently curves to the left & is still a bit rotated off axis, but this is a huge morphological improvement in my book, and it needs to be heard by those who have it – IT CAN HEAL. It’s not permanent.

To be succinct with the rest: morning/nocturnal erections are more frequent. I’m averaging over 7.5 hours of sleep a night with quality REM/Deep (I measure this with Whoop). Vision improved. Almost no episodes of jaundice/yellow hands. I think this was anemia, not liver damage.

Negatives: still low/non-existent libido. I still jizz a sad amount that kind of just dribbles out. Dick did atrophy a bit, so size is still reduced (getting better with nocturnals though). Axis rotation, slight bend to left. Nuts still can’t make up their mind: they’re either touching the floor or very tucked up. They still do that weird movement too.

I recently just had bloods done. Most everything checked out, but I’m concerned about a few things:

Rising AST/ALTs. I had bloodwork done two weeks after starting finasteride (a week after sides started) that gave a somewhat good picture of my baseline bloods. My AST/ALT were 14 and 12 respectively, so pretty good. Now they’ve steadily creeped up to around 25 and 29. I’m also a bit worried about kidneys. My pee is pretty foamy every piss, and most of my markers are close to top of range (BUN, creatinine, etc.)

I’m anemic. My workout performance lately reflects this. I compete in crossfit, and I’m nowhere near where I used to be. My O2 carrying capacity is absolute shit. My hematocrit was 37, hemoglobin 12. My iron was low end of range, but it’s definitely not a nutritional deficiency as I eat tons of organ meats, red meat, spinach, etc. and ferritin is high at 200.
    It could be caused by something in the b vitamin world, but I tread lightly in that realm, as I should be receiving adequate amounts in my diet and after reading turnovers & others experience with them.

And last, but not least, my total testosterone still hasn’t moved and sits at 390, and my free testosterone has finally dropped out of range to 7pg/mL (9.6-26.5). I had my estradiol done too and it was 12.9 (7.6-42.6). I won’t dwell on this, but I want to acknowledge it for a couple reasons. One, I’ve been feeling much better lately. I was hoping this would occur in congruence with a higher test level, so I am definitely bummed to see that it was the opposite. Two, and I hope you all are reading this still, I haven’t been cycling herbs. After my last fast, I decided to give them a break and started seeing improvements. Could be a correlation/coincidence/cause who knows, but I haven’t used them in two months. I’m thinking about giving them another go here soon to see if they bring back the mental sides. If they do, then I’m not sure how to proceed.

And that’s it for me. Sort of a long post. I’ll hang around to answer anyone’s questions or just chat for a bit, but I plan on trying to distance myself from the forum again & go back out into life without thinking about PFS.

Moving forward, Im signing up for Dave Lipson’s Thunderbro 30 day shred this July. I know Dave through a gym I used to workout in in Colorado. He’s super knowledgeable and does excellent programming. Last time I checked, he focuses on hypertrophy training, which is a different style than what I’m used to, but it’s always good to switch it up. This program also walks you through carb cycling, which I want to learn more about. Not here to promote anything, but you guys should check it out because I think it will align with protocol nicely. I plan on using July/August as a two month period of hard lifting and perfect diet, so I’ll update you all in September. That will be approaching almost a year off fin (Oct 11th)

Otherwise, enjoy your long weekends and happy 4th!

Ratchet

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A package addressed to a Richard Johnson from DX Products just arrived at my doorstep. Weird. Anybody here still pumping that’s truly seen some improvements from it?

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    A package addressed to a Richard Johnson from DX Products just arrived at my doorstep. Weird. Anybody here still pumping that’s truly seen some improvements from it?
    EVERYBODY should be pumping. If you're not getting regular erections your penis shrinks. You need to get those hormones up and start using it. Every guy that has gotten the hang of it is thrilled that they have. The bathmate is a game changer.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can”

Wishing all the best to everyone! I just returned from an 8 day rafting excursion through the desert. The above quote sums up my experience nicely. I put my body through the wringer this past week – 150+ seltzers, handles of tequila & whiskey, cigarettes, mushrooms, you name it – over a period of six straight days. The only aspect of the protocol I followed was no gluten.

Prior to the trip I had made serious strides all around. So far the ol’ rig seems to be holding up just fine. We’ll see. I don’t plan on hanging around here but will check in again in a few months. You guys are great but just returning to the board gives me anxiety and triggers all sorts of shit like brain fog.

So far: big lift in neurological sides. Libido is returning. Nightly/morning wood frequent. Sweating like a demon. Skin seems normal, still no acne yet though. Penile shrinkage/atrophy/hourglass pretty much resolved with frequent erections and I have no doubt I’ll regain full size eventually. Jizzing the same amount that I used to. Sleeping 7+ hours a night. Performance in gym improving.

I’m planning to hit the protocol hard the next three months. Starting a new training program that I think will remove a lot of stress on my body and aid in recovery. Also going to up my carbohydrate intake a bit and eat them for breakfast/lunch instead of night. I want to see what effect this has on biomarkers.

Take care everyone!

Ratchet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet View Post
    “We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, and a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... and also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.
    Not that we needed all that for the trip, but once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can”

Wishing all the best to everyone! I just returned from an 8 day rafting excursion through the desert. The above quote sums up my experience nicely. I put my body through the wringer this past week – 150+ seltzers, handles of tequila & whiskey, cigarettes, mushrooms, you name it – over a period of six straight days. The only aspect of the protocol I followed was no gluten.

Prior to the trip I had made serious strides all around. So far the ol’ rig seems to be holding up just fine. We’ll see. I don’t plan on hanging around here but will check in again in a few months. You guys are great but just returning to the board gives me anxiety and triggers all sorts of shit like brain fog.

So far: big lift in neurological sides. Libido is returning. Nightly/morning wood frequent. Sweating like a demon. Skin seems normal, still no acne yet though. Penile shrinkage/atrophy/hourglass pretty much resolved with frequent erections and I have no doubt I’ll regain full size eventually. Jizzing the same amount that I used to. Sleeping 7+ hours a night. Performance in gym improving.

I’m planning to hit the protocol hard the next three months. Starting a new training program that I think will remove a lot of stress on my body and aid in recovery. Also going to up my carbohydrate intake a bit and eat them for breakfast/lunch instead of night. I want to see what effect this has on biomarkers.

Take care everyone!

Ratchet
    Thats fucking nice man great to see you doing well, You been using the bathmate it helps with size and from what I've seen can add even more when you're recovered.