User Tag List

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    I am. I'm just saying maybe I should try it sometime down the line after the fast. I'm not saying right away once the fast is over.

On another note, how common is it that people with the condition report headaches, nerve throbbing throughout the body, and burning/pins and needles in the skin?
    You probably won't need to after awhile on the protocol.

Common, actually.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 5 of the water fast. Once again, woke up feeling awful, like a very very sick feeling, after 4 and a half hours of sleep. However, it subsided quickly and am doing ok now after a couple of hours being awake. Just resting. I've measured my blood pressure regularly throughout the process and current reading is 94/56 and pulse is 62bpm. Can't wait til Saturday when I can finally eat.

I know soft foods are recommended after fasting. I planned on eating scrambled egg beats fried in a little butter, probiotic yogurt with active cultures, avocado, and a little ice cream with a small handful of assorted berries (strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry). Is this ok to eat following a week long water fast?
    No, not at all. Unless you want to get very sick.

You break a fast with raw fruit and slowly work your way up over the course of a few days into eating "regular" food.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 7 of the water fast. I did it. Made it an entire week without eating food and drowning myself in water everyday. It wasn't easy. Many times I wanted to give into my screaming mind and eat something. But my desire to lay a proper foundation to recovery was stronger than the instinctive cravings of my body. And I'm glad I did it as I feel it did push me forward a bit. However, I am very frail and have very little fat reserves left for one of these for awhile. The goal now is going to be putting some weight back on and consuming enough proteins to rebuild the muscle tone I lost from this nightmare.

I was able to go to bed last night around midnight and woke up at 6am. That's a decent improvement over prior days. This time, I didn't wake up hallucinating or feeling horrible. Granted, I did feel lethargic and struggled to get up. But not as bad as the last couple to few days. Hopefully this trend lasts. My eyes are also very bloodshot and burning. Hoping that it's not pink eye I contracted from touching something.

Other than that, not much else to report on. If anything develops, I'll update this post. Have a good day!

Update (10am): Was able time take an hour nap. Before this fast, naps were rare. Now I'm in a position where I can do this daily, it seems. I think purging a lot of toxins from my body has really helped my situation. Again, not 100%. Still a lot of work to do. But this was really a wise decision, as hard as it was.
    The whole protocol is a wise decision. You'll see.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True. I'm confident it is. I have a question for you too. At any point during this, is homemade salsa and gluten free salsa chips an option or are we to wait on that stuff until recovery is achieved?
    Why wouldn't it be an option? Any thing and everything that fits inside the diet description is an option. You have more then you think you do with the modified Paleo diet.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't worry too much about the fish oileffecting 5ar receptors, since any affect would be minuscule unless megadosing, just ensure you don't go over the recommended doses on any supp and herb and you're good.

About permanence it isn't man, get that thought out of your head (easier said then done), thats the mind screwing with you. Hang in there and go easy on yourself, you're doing everything in your power to recover and you will be rewarded for your efforts, no doubt. Just will take a bit of time for your body to stabalise and heal since it sounds very much like you have severe symtoms which are not going to go away overnight.

Last week i was seriously suicidal because of how bad I crashed and didn't have no libido, couldn't sleep etc and thought definitely permanent, body is finished,game over, can't come back from this, won't be able to get an erection and have sex ever again, but then realised how ridiculous it and now there is the turnaround this week and body is showing signs of life again. It's only permanent if you don't do anything to change even then you can't say for certain because you never know what's round the corner.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 02-19-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is severe. I don’t know how else to put it. Life is non-existent right now. Those BPH meds messed my brain chemistry up to an extreme degree. I just wish there was relief. I don’t expect a magic cure but just something that could help those GABA-a neurosteroids to boost a bit. That’s what my issue is mostly. And I can’t find anything that does that. I see the androgen prohormones but nothing re: neurosteroids.

I’m glad you were able to bounce back from that. It’s awful, I know. ��
    There are plenty of things from nootropics to different foods, which help with GABA and the brain can always be rebalanced so long as you are doing the right things which you are.

Are you taking Glycine? That works on GABA from what I recall along with sleep.

Have you found through research any others reacting so bad to the blood pressure med you took?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro you need to stop dropping the acid and talk to a suicide helpline or get in touch with a therapist/doctor if you're seriously considering ways to end it and experiencing genuine psychosis.

You need to stabilise yourself and acid trips are not gonna get you any closer to that.

And wtf you doing working out at 10pm that's gonna mess with your sleep in a big way and at this time you need as much as that as possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not literally dropping acid. I’ve never touched illegal substances. I’m describing what the side effects of the Dutasteride to this day are like for me. It **feels** like an hallucinogenic trip, minus the hallucinating. Like I’m transported to a whole different planet. I didn’t workout at 10pm. I updated at 10pm and mentioned working out. I worked out at 8pm, then ate afterwards, then rested, and went to sleep at midnight.
    ok cool, still have you got any one to talk since what your going through sounds very traumatic?

Suicidal ideation isn't something to take lightly, you may well have to reach out for real support, no one wants to see you do anything stupid. Might well be an idea if things continue to feel worse for you

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could test for cortisol, dhea, progesterone, SHBG, LH and FHS, those play key roles in how your hormones work together.

Are you doing any deep breathing and meditation? That would go a long way in helping to relax.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glycine might be helping a little. Today, I slept 8 hours and dreamt and can remember the dream clearly. It wasn’t continuous sleep, as I woke up once or twice, but quickly got back. It was deep enough that I feel like I got enough of it and don’t feel completely drained. Still very little libido and no energy, like I’m “couch locked” to my bed and my muscles are stiff. Skin is still burning a little and very sensitive to textures. I noticed yesterday wearing a jacket that was always once soft to me felt like it was irritating it. I’ve got the pine pollen, ashwaganda, and tribulus our for delivery. Should be here within the next few hours.

Update (3:30pm): I met with my primary care doctor today just a couple of hours ago to go over the labwork from a month ago. I have posted the labwork below. Keep in mind, this was before I started the diet CD laid out on his site and quit the testosterone. Total T was extremely high, estrogen was above range, I had a lot of “bad” cholesterol, very low “good” cholesterol, my immune system is in overdrive, and my prostate is irritated. She says, in terms of my progress, she can tell I’m making some by my demeanor now compared to when I first came in but that I still have a long battle ahead. They will retest me in time but want me to continue what I’m doing now for awhile before doing that. As of now, I’m still battling the bad disconnect, the nerve issues, and this anxious/depressed “I’ve gotta do something but something is wrong and I can’t feel anything and I feel horrible” feeling that constantly looms over me. My ashwaganda, pine pollen, and tribulus arrived and I’ve take tribulus and pine pollen. Those should reduce the estradiol issue, if that’s still an issue. I will take ashwaganda at night before bed to simulate what’s supposed to happen naturally with cortisol at night, since mine was high last I checked. 5a-DPH will be here by Monday or Tuesday.

Update (9pm): No issues so far on Tribulus and pine pollen. Took Ashwaganda and fish oil an hour ago and so far so good on that too. No reaction. But the depression, anxiousness, disconnect, weakness, no libido and acid trip feeling are still hitting me hard and just brutal. It’s sucking the life out of me. Im starting to wonder if it’s because I’m not on the TRT anymore and coming down. Ive decided to abstain, as it isn’t worth it and I’d rather recover. I’m also noticing that’s it become more difficult to obtain an erection anyways. I can get them nocturnally a bit every so often, so at least I know it somewhat still works. Really looking forward to that 5a-DHP though. Eager to try it.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-21-2020 at 09:15 PM.