User Tag List

Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Established Member Feedback Score 0 JoeP26's Avatar
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up just a bit ago after 4 hours of sleep. Most mornings (90-95% of the time), I wake up feeling horrible and very unwell. This morning was the worst I've felt in awhile. Weak, lethargic, unbalanced, exhausted, and just sick. As I begin to wake up, it eases a bit. But I got up out of bed to go downstairs and fill my liter water jug and nearly lost my balance on the stairs and collapsed. I grasped the stair railings quick and just took a moment to breath deep and slowly go down the stairs. Got the water, went back upstairs, and got back into bed. Now, got a mild headache and head pressure. I'll be glad when this water fast is over for awhile. Very terrified I'll never sleep normally again and be well enough to get out of this damn house. This condition has a sick sense of humor to give you some sense of hope and rip the rug from underneath you in an instant.

On a positive note, my Systolic Blood Pressure has returned to normal by doing this fast. Pre-PFS, I always ran 80-90 Systolic and that's where I am at now consistently for the past couple of days. Latest BP is 93/61 and pulse was 56bpm.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-11-2020 at 05:23 AM.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Woke up just a bit ago after 4 hours of sleep. Most mornings (90-95% of the time), I wake up feeling horrible and very unwell. This morning was the worst I've felt in awhile. Weak, lethargic, unbalanced, exhausted, and just sick. As I begin to wake up, it eases a bit. But I got up out of bed to go downstairs and fill my liter water jug and nearly lost my balance on the stairs and collapsed. I grasped the stair railings quick and just took a moment to breath deep and slowly go down the stairs. Got the water, went back upstairs, and got back into bed. Now, got a mild headache and head pressure. I'll be glad when this water fast is over for awhile. Very terrified I'll never sleep normally again and be well enough to get out of this damn house. This condition has a sick sense of humor to give you some sense of hope and rip the rug from underneath you in an instant.

On a positive note, my Systolic Blood Pressure has returned to normal by doing this fast. Pre-PFS, I always ran 80-90 Systolic and that's where I am at now consistently for the past couple of days. Latest BP is 93/61 and pulse was 56bpm.
    This is why I recommend fasting at a clinic. That being said, if you keep the fast to seven days or under you'll be okay.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    This is why I recommend fasting at a clinic. That being said, if you keep the fast to seven days or under you'll be okay.
    Don't have the money or resources for it. I have crappy health insurance that only covers basics and literally only have $53 to my name because I'm bad off to the point where I can't work. All of what I'm suffering from is neurological. Urologically, I'm fine.

Should I stick to the 5 days or is 3 days enough? I've been drinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 liters of water during this fast and have peed a lot.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Don't have the money or resources for it. I have crappy health insurance that only covers basics and literally only have $53 to my name because I'm bad off to the point where I can't work. All of what I'm suffering from is neurological. Urologically, I'm fine.

Should I stick to the 5 days or is 3 days enough? I've been drinking somewhere in the neighborhood of 6-8 liters of water during this fast and have peed a lot.
    I get it, believe me, but the recommendation has to do with safety, not finances.

Neither is long enough....a week at minimum. But again, water fasting should be done under medical supervision. For those that can't afford it, I recommend the juice feast.

And there is no way to properly answer your question, "is it enough." Typically we should fast until our bodies tell us we are done, but that's not the way our world works. We have time and deadlines and things to do. But as stated on the site, a week is the bare minimum for water fasting.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get it, believe me, but the recommendation has to do with safety, not finances.

Neither is long enough....a week at minimum. But again, water fasting should be done under medical supervision. For those that can't afford it, I recommend the juice feast.

And there is no way to properly answer your question, "is it enough." Typically we should fast until our bodies tell us we are done, but that's not the way our world works. We have time and deadlines and things to do. But as stated on the site, a week is the bare minimum for water fasting.
    I will do my best to get to that 7 days then. Retaining water like crazy in my face. It looks swelled, so at least I know water is getting in and doing its thing. Haven't had any stomach growls but my mind is saying, "EAT!" Perhaps after the fast I'll feel a bit better than I did before having done it. That's the hope, at least.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 4 of the water fast and woke up with a splitting headache, very weak, and sore everywhere. Not feeling as bad as I did the day prior waking up. But that PFS feeling is always there like I'm getting too much of something chemically and it's very uncomfortable. The feeling is so prevalent that I feel it in my dreams. I think it's too much Cortisol. Might be a good idea to try cycling some Ashwaganda after the fast. Thoughts?
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-12-2020 at 07:03 AM.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 4 of the water fast and woke up with a splitting headache, very weak, and sore everywhere. Not feeling as bad as I did the day prior waking up. But that PFS feeling is always there like I'm getting too much of something chemically and it's very uncomfortable. The feeling is so prevalent that I feel it in my dreams. I think it's too much Cortisol. Might be a good idea to try cycling some Ashwaganda after the fast. Thoughts?
    You need to stick to the program. Don't start adding in things and tweaking things because you think you need them. Stay the course that has been laid out in front of you and has helped hundreds of guys. There is a reason things are the way they are. The ones who are successful understand this and follow it blindly. Typically blind faith isn't the best way to go about things, but in this instance, it most certainly is.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to stick to the program. Don't start adding in things and tweaking things because you think you need them. Stay the course that has been laid out in front of you and has helped hundreds of guys. There is a reason things are the way they are. The ones who are successful understand this and follow it blindly. Typically blind faith isn't the best way to go about things, but in this instance, it most certainly is.
    I am. I'm just saying maybe I should try it sometime down the line after the fast. I'm not saying right away once the fast is over.

On another note, how common is it that people with the condition report headaches, nerve throbbing throughout the body, and burning/pins and needles in the skin?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am. I'm just saying maybe I should try it sometime down the line after the fast. I'm not saying right away once the fast is over.

On another note, how common is it that people with the condition report headaches, nerve throbbing throughout the body, and burning/pins and needles in the skin?
    You probably won't need to after awhile on the protocol.

Common, actually.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You probably won't need to after awhile on the protocol.

Common, actually.
    Oh good. I thought I was a unique case there. I trust your judgment of the situation as well and believe, one day, I'll be good as new.