User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 5 of the water fast. Once again, woke up feeling awful, like a very very sick feeling, after 4 and a half hours of sleep. However, it subsided quickly and am doing ok now after a couple of hours being awake. Just resting. I've measured my blood pressure regularly throughout the process and current reading is 94/56 and pulse is 62bpm. Can't wait til Saturday when I can finally eat.

I know soft foods are recommended after fasting. I planned on eating scrambled egg beats fried in a little butter, probiotic yogurt with active cultures, avocado, and a little ice cream with a small handful of assorted berries (strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry). Is this ok to eat following a week long water fast?

Update (6:00pm): I was able to nap twice today and dream. This the first time I've been able to do that in months. Only problem is, when I'm starting to get into those sleep cycles, it feels like I'm about convulse. There's a bunch of electrical stimulus shooting through my brain and nervous system during the time I'm getting towards sleep mode. And then when I wake, as with any other time, I feel sickly and almost like an amplification of symptoms for about 5-10 minutes but then subsides and I feel somewhat ok but still able to feel PFS throughout my body every hour of everyday.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 5 Days Ago at 06:18 PM. Reason: Update

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Day 5 of the water fast. Once again, woke up feeling awful, like a very very sick feeling, after 4 and a half hours of sleep. However, it subsided quickly and am doing ok now after a couple of hours being awake. Just resting. I've measured my blood pressure regularly throughout the process and current reading is 94/56 and pulse is 62bpm. Can't wait til Saturday when I can finally eat.

I know soft foods are recommended after fasting. I planned on eating scrambled egg beats fried in a little butter, probiotic yogurt with active cultures, avocado, and a little ice cream with a small handful of assorted berries (strawberry, blueberry, and raspberry). Is this ok to eat following a week long water fast?
    No, not at all. Unless you want to get very sick.

You break a fast with raw fruit and slowly work your way up over the course of a few days into eating "regular" food.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdsnuts View Post
    No, not at all. Unless you want to get very sick.

You break a fast with raw fruit and slowly work your way up over the course of a few days into eating "regular" food.
    Ok. Thank you. Raw fruit it is.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 6 of the water fast. God I cannot wait to eat food again. Oddly enough, my stomach hasn't growled much throughout this fast. However, my brain keeps telling me to eat and my insides burn a little. I take that as either I'm not producing stomach acid because my tract hasn't healed enough yet or the effects of the fast are in full force from the excess ketones curbing my appetite.

I have been holding off on reporting this but now is probably the time. I haven't had a bowel movement in nearly two weeks. A week before the fast, I was straining to get things out. When it did release, it was hard large marbles. Some of it never came out and I've been carrying it right next to my left (your right) side pelvic region, which would be the colon/large intestine. It's been bothering me a little throughout the fast.

This morning, I woke after only 2-3 hours of sleep. These past couple of mornings when waking, I've visually hallucinated and felt a feeling of terror. I'm not sure why. Consciously, I know what I'm seeing is untrue but it doesn't make the experience any less frightening. Also, per usual nowadays, I felt very ill. These sleep symptoms subside within 10 minutes though from fully awakening. One thing that had not happened in awhile but happened this morning was my right (your left) arm went completely numb from lack of blood flow and then became intense as soon as flow came back in. I had not laid on it and there wasn't any reason for it to do this. If you've ever slept on your arm overnight and woken to an arm being numb and then got that intense feeling that both makes you want shout out loud but laugh at the same time, it's the same exact thing.

Sexually, I still have no libido or ability to be aroused. My member isn't misshapen or looking weird at all. Though it is often shrunken and, on occasion, more full as it should be. It goes back forth. But I do have nerve discomfort daily that replaced what once was a pleasurable sensation. It's also not as sensitive as it used be. Reaching climax from both the lack of libido and reduced sensitivity is difficult and demoralizing. However, I concern myself more with how I'm overall feeling rather than specifics. I know the sexual symptoms hit a lot of guys harder but I care more about the brain and nervous system than anything. Perhaps because I got it hardest there. Or, mentally, maybe I don't care as much as others.

On the plus side, I can definitely notice that the fast was a wise decision to make. During the day, I'm able to mostly get my mind off of PFS and start focusing on other things I've always enjoyed doing before it all started, which I would hope indicates that the condition overall is beginning to mitigate and my body is healing. My skin is also much less dry than it was at the start of this. Only place I have a little hint of dryness is my forehead. But not visually noticeable. Nowhere else is there dryness. But I still have that crepe, dried mud pattern in a lot of places.

Update (9am) Weight down to 118lbs. Before crashing, I was 134-136lbs steady. Before fasting, I was 124lbs.

Update (12pm): Got a 20 minute nap. Close to being deep but woke up before that could happen. This time, not feeling too awful getting to and coming out of sleep. However, shortly after waking, my head has pressure on the underside of the brain, pressure + ache behind the eyes, I can feel my pulse throbbing on the back of my head near where the skull meets the brain stem, my ears are ringing bad, I'm hot in the head, flushed in the cheeks + ears, my skin has dull burning on my lower back + ass + thighs, and feel very fatigued.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 4 Days Ago at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Day 7 of the water fast. I did it. Made it an entire week without eating food and drowning myself in water everyday. It wasn't easy. Many times I wanted to give into my screaming mind and eat something. But my desire to lay a proper foundation to recovery was stronger than the instinctive cravings of my body. And I'm glad I did it as I feel it did push me forward a bit. However, I am very frail and have very little fat reserves left for one of these for awhile. The goal now is going to be putting some weight back on and consuming enough proteins to rebuild the muscle tone I lost from this nightmare.

I was able to go to bed last night around midnight and woke up at 6am. That's a decent improvement over prior days. This time, I didn't wake up hallucinating or feeling horrible. Granted, I did feel lethargic and struggled to get up. But not as bad as the last couple to few days. Hopefully this trend lasts. My eyes are also very bloodshot and burning. Hoping that it's not pink eye I contracted from touching something.

Other than that, not much else to report on. If anything develops, I'll update this post. Have a good day!

Update (10am): Was able time take an hour nap. Before this fast, naps were rare. Now I'm in a position where I can do this daily, it seems. I think purging a lot of toxins from my body has really helped my situation. Again, not 100%. Still a lot of work to do. But this was really a wise decision, as hard as it was.

Update (8pm): This time exactly marks 7 successful days of a complete water fast. Just fixed myself a bowl of fruit salad. Nothing but raw fruits, as per the advice of CDNuts. The bowl was just outright heavenly and the best thing I've tasted in so long.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 3 Days Ago at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Day 7 of the water fast. I did it. Made it an entire week without eating food and drowning myself in water everyday. It wasn't easy. Many times I wanted to give into my screaming mind and eat something. But my desire to lay a proper foundation to recovery was stronger than the instinctive cravings of my body. And I'm glad I did it as I feel it did push me forward a bit. However, I am very frail and have very little fat reserves left for one of these for awhile. The goal now is going to be putting some weight back on and consuming enough proteins to rebuild the muscle tone I lost from this nightmare.

I was able to go to bed last night around midnight and woke up at 6am. That's a decent improvement over prior days. This time, I didn't wake up hallucinating or feeling horrible. Granted, I did feel lethargic and struggled to get up. But not as bad as the last couple to few days. Hopefully this trend lasts. My eyes are also very bloodshot and burning. Hoping that it's not pink eye I contracted from touching something.

Other than that, not much else to report on. If anything develops, I'll update this post. Have a good day!

Update (10am): Was able time take an hour nap. Before this fast, naps were rare. Now I'm in a position where I can do this daily, it seems. I think purging a lot of toxins from my body has really helped my situation. Again, not 100%. Still a lot of work to do. But this was really a wise decision, as hard as it was.
    The whole protocol is a wise decision. You'll see.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The whole protocol is a wise decision. You'll see.
    True. I'm confident it is. I have a question for you too. At any point during this, is homemade salsa and gluten free salsa chips an option or are we to wait on that stuff until recovery is achieved?
    Last edited by JoeP26; 3 Days Ago at 08:46 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    True. I'm confident it is. I have a question for you too. At any point during this, is homemade salsa and gluten free salsa chips an option or are we to wait on that stuff until recovery is achieved?
    Why wouldn't it be an option? Any thing and everything that fits inside the diet description is an option. You have more then you think you do with the modified Paleo diet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up this morning after about 6 hours of deep continuous sleep. I was awake briefly but felt extremely fatigued and drowsy, so I got back to sleep and slept another couple of hours. I didn't wake up hallucinating and didn't wake up feeling as awful as I did a couple of times during the water fast. My ears ring a bit still, don't have much energy, no libido, skin burning sensation, fatigued, and feel very off in the head. No depression or anxiety, which is good and haven't felt that in a long time.

Breakfast:
    Banana and white grapes

Lunch and dinner:
    Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, mango, kiwi, pear, pineapple, and cantaloupe

Supplements:
    Chlorella, Spirulina, D3 4000IU, Omega 3 fish oil
    Last edited by JoeP26; 1 Day Ago at 10:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why wouldn't it be an option? Any thing and everything that fits inside the diet description is an option. You have more then you think you do with the modified Paleo diet.
    Oh good! I just wanted to be sure spicy foods are ok to have. I know they are said to upregulate androgen receptors, so I figured that could be a benefit. Only other concern I would have is disturbing the vulnerable digestive system with spice.