SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe's Recovery Journal

Current Symptoms:
    -Low libido
    -Penile shrinkage when flaccid (not as full)
    -Major "Blanket" over the head feeling, disconnected
    -Muscle weakness
    -Reduced concentration
    -Reduced memory
    -Head pressure
    -Sunburnt sensation of the skin
    -Dry skin on exterior facing skin and face
    -Discomfort in the genitalia (nerves)
    -Sleep issues/insomnia
    -Flushing and Sweating
    -Cold appendages
    -Ringing ears
    -Periods of blurry vision
    -Some bouts of anxiousness
    -Depression
    -Increased blood systolic pressure
    -High cholesterol

I started eating the recommended diet about a month ago and it's helped a little. Gonna try adding the chlorella, spirulina, and high dose D here soon when I get paid. I look forward to having you guys on this journey with me!
    Last edited by JoeP26; 08-02-2023 at 04:11 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've come to the right place. Welcome!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not a hematologist, but there are numerous things that you are going to do on protocol that should normalize everything you are experiencing. I.e proper discontinuation of TRT, HCG , AND pharms. Also, you’ve already mentioned nicotine in your thread. That’s a no go when it comes to cardiovascular health in ALL RESPECTS, including blood viscosity. Address all of these things, clean up your diet, exercise regularly, and be consistent. If you don’t see improvements after three months (which you will) only then can you seriously revisit your labs and address what’s going on.
    Last edited by Ratchet; 02-07-2020 at 02:34 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't worry too much about the fish oileffecting 5ar receptors, since any affect would be minuscule unless megadosing, just ensure you don't go over the recommended doses on any supp and herb and you're good.

About permanence it isn't man, get that thought out of your head (easier said then done), thats the mind screwing with you. Hang in there and go easy on yourself, you're doing everything in your power to recover and you will be rewarded for your efforts, no doubt. Just will take a bit of time for your body to stabalise and heal since it sounds very much like you have severe symtoms which are not going to go away overnight.

Last week i was seriously suicidal because of how bad I crashed and didn't have no libido, couldn't sleep etc and thought definitely permanent, body is finished,game over, can't come back from this, won't be able to get an erection and have sex ever again, but then realised how ridiculous it and now there is the turnaround this week and body is showing signs of life again. It's only permanent if you don't do anything to change even then you can't say for certain because you never know what's round the corner.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 02-19-2020 at 12:36 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bro you need to stop dropping the acid and talk to a suicide helpline or get in touch with a therapist/doctor if you're seriously considering ways to end it and experiencing genuine psychosis.

You need to stabilise yourself and acid trips are not gonna get you any closer to that.

And wtf you doing working out at 10pm that's gonna mess with your sleep in a big way and at this time you need as much as that as possible.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could test for cortisol, dhea, progesterone, SHBG, LH and FHS, those play key roles in how your hormones work together.

Are you doing any deep breathing and meditation? That would go a long way in helping to relax.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glycine might be helping a little. Today, I slept 8 hours and dreamt and can remember the dream clearly. It wasn’t continuous sleep, as I woke up once or twice, but quickly got back. It was deep enough that I feel like I got enough of it and don’t feel completely drained. Still very little libido and no energy, like I’m “couch locked” to my bed and my muscles are stiff. Skin is still burning a little and very sensitive to textures. I noticed yesterday wearing a jacket that was always once soft to me felt like it was irritating it. I’ve got the pine pollen, ashwaganda, and tribulus our for delivery. Should be here within the next few hours.

Update (3:30pm): I met with my primary care doctor today just a couple of hours ago to go over the labwork from a month ago. I have posted the labwork below. Keep in mind, this was before I started the diet CD laid out on his site and quit the testosterone. Total T was extremely high, estrogen was above range, I had a lot of “bad” cholesterol, very low “good” cholesterol, my immune system is in overdrive, and my prostate is irritated. She says, in terms of my progress, she can tell I’m making some by my demeanor now compared to when I first came in but that I still have a long battle ahead. They will retest me in time but want me to continue what I’m doing now for awhile before doing that. As of now, I’m still battling the bad disconnect, the nerve issues, and this anxious/depressed “I’ve gotta do something but something is wrong and I can’t feel anything and I feel horrible” feeling that constantly looms over me. My ashwaganda, pine pollen, and tribulus arrived and I’ve take tribulus and pine pollen. Those should reduce the estradiol issue, if that’s still an issue. I will take ashwaganda at night before bed to simulate what’s supposed to happen naturally with cortisol at night, since mine was high last I checked. 5a-DPH will be here by Monday or Tuesday.

Update (9pm): No issues so far on Tribulus and pine pollen. Took Ashwaganda and fish oil an hour ago and so far so good on that too. No reaction. But the depression, anxiousness, disconnect, weakness, no libido and acid trip feeling are still hitting me hard and just brutal. It’s sucking the life out of me. Im starting to wonder if it’s because I’m not on the TRT anymore and coming down. Ive decided to abstain, as it isn’t worth it and I’d rather recover. I’m also noticing that’s it become more difficult to obtain an erection anyways. I can get them nocturnally a bit every so often, so at least I know it somewhat still works. Really looking forward to that 5a-DHP though. Eager to try it.
    Last edited by JoeP26; 02-21-2020 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like you're doing really well which is good to hear.

Just take things slowly, don't jump into Andro, give yourself 2-3 months cycling the herbs until the progress stabilises, and damn well make sure you're not running 5a-DHP. alongside the androhard.

I would also say to split your herb dosage in morning and afternoon.

L-dopa is a herb and you want to be cycling that rather than taking it with the tongkat on the same day, but it's entirely up to you.

Other than that your routine is solid

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Thanks man! Yah, I wanted to jump the gun and do 5a-DHP with Andro Hard but I'm thinking it would cause too much E shutdown. My E is actually perfect, so I don't want that. Not to mention too much on the body at once. I'm here because of that reason so best not to add to it. It's a combo of eagerness to be normal again but also the pure thrill of solving a puzzle. I'm Dr. House by nature. Lol! The recommended cycle period to upregulate 5ar1 via 5a-DHP appears to be 3-4 months, so I guess I'd have to wait til June.

Not currently taking Tongkat. I'll split the L-Dopa, Tribulus, and Ashwaganda up. All others are meant to be taken once, so I can't split without breaking capsules or it would keep me up at night, which would add to the insomnia issue. The recommended cycling for the herbs is 4 weeks, right?
    It's 2-3 months or even 6 months herb cyling. 4 weeks for pct

I wish I waited longer to do my 1st cycle as I only waited around 2 and a half months before cycling and I don't think my body was ready which is why I had turbulence

Saying that everyone is different, just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 02-26-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Hulk Smash's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Well, guys, I have bad news. My mom does indeed have PFS now from taking a women's skin supplement that has saw palmetto in it. She's been in bed for days with derealization, depression, anxiety, low libido, weakness, and abdominal burning. Same way I got hit when it first started. We seem to be genetically predisposed from blocking 5ar1. I'm stressing about this because I'm here trying to fix myself and now I have to worry about her. And we don't have the money for 2 PFS sufferers. She knows what I've been through and knows that it can't be instantly fixed by any medication or doctor. God really must hate us for some reason. 😥
    Everyones genetically predisposed. The "polymorphism" study published in approximatley 2016 revealed that everyone is negatively impacted. The only difference gene variation makes is the timeframe and types of symptoms. I explained this using logic in another thread but the study does exist. I'll post the link when I have a chance.

Try to help your mom atleast do whats afforable. Something is better than nothing.
    I know you can both make it to full recovery.