SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joe's Recovery Journal

Current Symptoms:
    -Low libido
    -Penile shrinkage when flaccid (not as full)
    -Major "Blanket" over the head feeling, disconnected
    -Muscle weakness
    -Reduced concentration
    -Reduced memory
    -Head pressure
    -Sunburnt sensation of the skin
    -Dry skin on exterior facing skin and face
    -Discomfort in the genitalia (nerves)
    -Sleep issues/insomnia
    -Flushing and Sweating
    -Cold appendages
    -Ringing ears
    -Periods of blurry vision
    -Some bouts of anxiousness
    -Depression
    -Increased blood systolic pressure
    -High cholesterol

I started eating the recommended diet about a month ago and it's helped a little. Gonna try adding the chlorella, spirulina, and high dose D here soon when I get paid. I look forward to having you guys on this journey with me!
    Last edited by JoeP26; 08-02-2023 at 04:11 AM.

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0 alphacfi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've come to the right place. Welcome!

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP26 View Post
    Also, it's probably worth mentioning what I'm currently taking medicinally, supplementally, and eating.

Diet:
    -Egg whites with probiotic yogurt for breakfast
    -Handful of shrimp with spinach and kale topped with extra virgin olive oil and an avocado on the side for lunch
    -Chicken breast fried in some olive oil with steamed broccoli, spinach, and kale on the side
    -Handmade Italian bread with melted mozzarella on top for a late night snack
    -Will have some various cheese throughout the day as a snack

Supplements:
    -A 8,000iu
    -B1 100mg
    -B5 500mg
    -Biotin 5,000mcg
    -C 1 gram twice daily
    -D 2,000iu
    -E 200iu
    -Magnesium 500mg
    -Potassium 400mg
    -Glutathione 500mg
    -Milk Thisle 100mg
    -Alpha Lipoic Acid 50mg
    -L-Tryptophan 1g
    -L-Methyfolare 1g
    -Mucuna 1g (L-Dopa) twice daily

Medications:
    -Ambien 5mg
    -Gabapentin 300mg (taken with Ambien for sleep)
    -Testosterone Cypionate 70mg IM every 4 days
    -HCG 500iu every 3 days
    Just so you know, you are not going to heal doing this at 50%. It's all or nothing. No meds, no hormones and diet wise you should be avoiding gluten at least. I know it seems like alot, but we've been doing this for quite awhile and know what works and what doesn't.

I just don't want you to waste your time if you can't dedicate ALL of yourself to this.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got it. I will cut out the bread entirely.

I'm already weaning down from the hormones. Went from 150mg of Cypionate weekly in prior weeks to 70mg this week. Once off of that, I'll wean down from HCG. TRT helped slightly but didn't make enough of a difference for it to be worth it. Ordering SoCal's Stano TD to cycle. Is that something you'd recommend or no? I'm not sure what the current recommended prohormone is around here.

I know the other meds aren't ideal but I literally cannot sleep at all without it. I went weeks straight after the crash with no sleep, minus a couple of rare days I got maybe an hour nap. I tried all of the natural sleep supplements out there and it didn't do a thing to help in that area.
    Oh believe me, I know, and I believe you. I understand that what is needed by the body is not ideal or even comes close to fitting into a "normal" routine, but you have a life changing illness that needs to be tackled head on. If you can find the time to take, you should. When stopping sleep meds you're gonna need to just let yourself go until your body simply collapses. It's scary, it's painful, and it sucks. These drugs are simply not going to let your brain heal the way it needs to until you're off of them completely. That's just the way it goes unfortunately.

Personally I would hold off on the hormones right now until you get going with the protocol for a few months. THEN you can think about cycling.
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Got it. I'll continue weaning off hormones and wean down on the sleep aids as well. Will also hold off on the prohormones, cut out bread, and continue with the rest of the diet. Other than that, is there anything else you would recommend adding or subtracting?

Edit: Also, forgot to mention I did do the water fast for a month straight. Just water. Lost 12lbs in weight from doing it. Very skinny. I'm 5' 6" and went from 136lbs to 124lbs (current weight). And did a liver flush last week.
    You did a 30 water fast? And only lost 12lbs? If that's the case then you should have used that time to come off of everything that you were taking. A fast is the perfect time to do that.

Everything I recommend is listed on the site. You have to be all in for this to work it's best.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. I'll continue weaning off hormones and wean down on the sleep aids as well. Will also hold off on the prohormones, cut out bread, and continue with the rest of the diet. Other than that, is there anything else you would recommend adding or subtracting?

Edit: Also, forgot to mention I did do the water fast for a month straight. Just water. Lost 12lbs in weight from doing it. Very skinny. I'm 5' 6" and went from 136lbs to 124lbs (current weight). And did a liver flush last week.
    You water fasted for 25+ days? Did you go to work/school during this time, or just stayed home?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yah. I'm down to very little body fat composition and very little muscle. Very weak a lot of the time. It's hard to get up and down the stairs. I was pretty fit before all of this. And I'm down. It's not like I have anything else left to lose. Got robbed of everything already. Just that there's so much on the site that it gets very overwhelming and horrifying to think about. Would be nice not to live in a haze though, which is the goal.
    Not gonna lie....it's probably going to get a little worse before it gets better, as others can attest. But like you said, what are your other choices? None, really.

Had you stopped the sleep meds during the fast you would have been off of them by now. If you're fasting for 30 days you weren't working, so you should've taken that time to get off those meds. I know you can't go back, but that would have been the move to make.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You know what they say about hindsight. So, you're recommendation, for now, is to continue the diet for 4-6 months and get off the medications. Anything else? Are the supplements I'm taking currently ok or should I order the chlorophyll based ones instead? Just taking notes so I have this planned out in my head.
    You need to read the entire site. Start on the first page and read it straight through. All of your questions will be answered.

You're not just going to continue on the diet, you're going to continue on the whole protocol, everything that is outlined for you. That's what you need to do. After three or four months, then we can talk about cycling.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DKnighten View Post
    You water fasted for 25+ days? Did you go to work/school during this time, or just stayed home?
    This is why I was asking because nobody can PROPERLY water fast for that long while maintaining a normal schedule. Impossible, and not recommended as it's dangerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I was in the hospital twice and then at home in bed when I wasn't in a hospital bed. In the hospital, it was IV fluids and tons of water. First hospitalization was 3 days and the second was a week. My urine had a ton of ketones in it, was darker, and turbid. They said I was malnourished and burning through my weight. I tried explaining to them what I was going through and they didn't believe it and was like **shrug**.
    They didn't make you eat at the hospital?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    What's the verdict on vaping low levels of nicotine? Ok or does this hinder recovery at all?
    Vaping is generally no good. If you need to have nicotine that bad, I'd say you're better off dipping. This doesn't effect your lungs at all and it's more natural then breathing in "vape juice"