User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

abnormally low testosterone

hey guys, so i recently got some labs done and my t levels were abnormally low... 66. i didn't even know it was possible for them to be this low. i've felt really sluggish, really low energy and foggy, all in spite of being on the protocol and taking pine pollen regularly.
    could pine pollen have anything to do with it? i'm so confused. i'm 19 fucking years old. that level is lower than it was before i ever went on the protocol and i'm just shocked. how could my levels be that low? prior to my recent relapse of symptoms i did have energy, i was feeling confident, not anxious, and i had decent libido. but since that time everything has been rough and painful to endure. haven't had libido since. due to high levels of brain fog i have been taking a lot of ashwagandha and rhodiola, but i recall seeing that since they're adaptogens, those are okay to take every day. i do think i fucked up refeeding after my recent fast, as i've been having a lot of food cravings, eating a lot to the point of overeating, and gained a pretty decent amount of weight fast. fat and aromatase converting to estrogen, crashing my t levels? that makes as much sense as anything. but 66? what the fuck.

so i'm just wondering what on earth is up. what could be contributing to that?
    any input here is appreciated, i'm pretty shocked. i know that this whole protocol is geared towards naturally improving hormone levels, so i'm wondering what the hell happened/ is going on.
    Last edited by dogglaw; 02-07-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogglaw View Post
    hey guys, so i recently got some labs done and my t levels were abnormally low... 66. i didn't even know it was possible for them to be this low. i've felt really sluggish, really low energy and foggy, all in spite of being on the protocol and taking pine pollen regularly.
    could pine pollen have anything to do with it? i'm so confused. i'm 19 fucking years old. that level is lower than it was before i ever went on the protocol and i'm just shocked. how could my levels be that low? prior to my recent relapse of symptoms i did have energy, i was feeling confident, not anxious, and i had decent libido. but since that time everything has been rough and painful to endure. haven't had libido since. due to high levels of brain fog i have been taking a lot of ashwagandha and rhodiola, but i recall seeing that since they're adaptogens, those are okay to take every day. i do think i fucked up refeeding after my recent fast, as i've been having a lot of food cravings, eating a lot to the point of overeating, and gained a pretty decent amount of weight fast. fat and aromatase converting to estrogen, crashing my t levels? that makes as much sense as anything. but 66? what the fuck.

any input here is appreciated, i'm pretty shocked. i know that this whole protocol is geared towards naturally improving hormone levels, so i'm wondering what the hell happened/ is going on.
    Are your testes shrunken at all?

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I never heard of someone tests being so low, you sure it was done right through the lab? that's like the testostorone of a 10000 year old man

The only possibilities is that

A} the ashwangaha is crashing you

B) Under incredible stress

C) Eating soy or other estrogenic foods in large consumptions

Don't worry too much, you can get your t back up naturally eating good sourced lean meats, lifting heavy, ensure you have the right vitamins and lowering stress levels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I never heard of someone tests being so low, you sure it was done right through the lab? that's like the testostorone of a 10000 year old man

The only possibilities is that

A} the ashwangaha is crashing you

B) Under incredible stress

C) Eating soy or other estrogenic foods in large consumptions

Don't worry too much, you can get your t back up naturally eating good sourced lean meats, lifting heavy, ensure you have the right vitamins and lowering stress levels.
    i've been eating clean for a long time. taking protocol supps with some vitamins, cutting out gluten, limiting dairy. i can't say i've never cheated on diet, but its infrequent. its possible that the time of day i tested skewed the results a bit, but regardless holy shit thats low. i have been extremely stressed out about symptoms lately, and overanalyzing how awful i feel and what supplements i can add to improve my state. i know that the mental part of this thing is hugely important, and i do think i've been lacking on that part of it. i'm stressing myself the fuck out because my relapse in symptoms really rocked my fucking boat. but i'm trying. i do take time out of my day for cold showers and meditation, but it hasn't felt like enough. fuck.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've been eating clean for a long time. taking protocol supps with some vitamins, cutting out gluten, limiting dairy. i can't say i've never cheated on diet, but its infrequent. its possible that the time of day i tested skewed the results a bit, but regardless holy shit thats low. i have been extremely stressed out about symptoms lately, and overanalyzing how awful i feel and what supplements i can add to improve my state. i know that the mental part of this thing is hugely important, and i do think i've been lacking on that part of it. i'm stressing myself the fuck out because my relapse in symptoms really rocked my fucking boat. but i'm trying. i do take time out of my day for cold showers and meditation, but it hasn't felt like enough. fuck.
    Yeah the stress is a killer, it will raise cortisol which will plummet testosterone and halt progress which then equals feeling like shit.

It's easier said then done but you got to find ways to relax yourself, maybe do some stretching or yoga that helps for the body to relax and your mind follows suit. I was in a similar state last week freaking out, and was plagued with endless negative thoughts about this whole entire situation which is frustrating. I suffer chronic anhedonia/depression and I managed to lessen it considerably and raise my mood by focusing on relaxation and not over thinking about it

Established Member Feedback Score 0 RickTheRuler's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

abnormally low testosterone

Stress is super underrated in all this. I’ve been at this for long time, almost 2 years.. I vividly remember having horrible digestion at the time .. after being a hermit cause of the condition, I finally mustered up the will to go out with my buddies.it was the first time I was Social with pfs. I needed it, cause it made me relax & feel like everything’s gonna be okay..& literally that night I used the bathroom and digestion was perfect.. I was relieved from all that pressure and tension I was putting on myself.. same thing happens sexually.

You’ll be surprised at how much your symptoms improve when you are truly relaxed. That’s why a lot of people recommend to get on the protocol and just stop thinking about PFS.. stop analyzing your body so much and your minute to minute sensations etc.. it goes a long way. A lot of PFS is walking around with this higher baseline of stress and anxiety.. some of it is chemical, but some of it is us putting it on ourselves..your body does not function well in that high cortisol state. It sure as hell does not get erections & libido spikes in that state as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A 1k Club Member Feedback Score 0 Maxout777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What scale/range is that on, and what unit is the 66? So many different ranges out there without that information I can barely tell if it's super low or just low.

Other than that, you stated you did a "recent fast" - how recent? This can fuck with blood tests. Additionally, don't take ashwaganda everyday. It's not intended to be done this way.
    There ain't no traffic along the extra mile.

Never Quit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashwaganda fucks me up. I've tried it a few times and it turned me into a zombie for almost a full week each time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxout777 View Post
    What scale/range is that on, and what unit is the 66? So many different ranges out there without that information I can barely tell if it's super low or just low.

Other than that, you stated you did a "recent fast" - how recent? This can fuck with blood tests. Additionally, don't take ashwaganda everyday. It's not intended to be done this way.
    standard american scale, doc said normal range is 300 - 1000. something has to be up. putting a bunch of stress on myself definitely had to have contributed something, but thats such a strange number. got retested today with other hormones included. i know this place isn't about symptom management, but rather holistically healing your body, but if the test shows that low again i can't say it wouldn't be really concerning. we'll see. i've stopped taking ashwagandha everyday, and my current supplementary protocol is this:

pine pollen 2 full spoons
    protocol herb
    200 mg caffeine on class days
    l tyrosine
    l theanine
    vitamin d
    niacinamide
    probiotic

i'm also still paleo, still cold showers, meditating, and hitting the gym when i feel up to it. also, i did a 5 day water fast 2-3 weeks ago if that means anything for bloods. what do you think?

small thing - i recall reading your thread and you saying that you took l glutamine for gut health. how much of a help is it? i just want to make sure i'm being thorough in taking care of my body.

Moderator Feedback Score 0 Cdsnuts's Avatar
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How long have you been on the protocol and how strict were you maintaining?
    Total Male Optimization "People who say it can't be done shouldn't interrupt those that are doing it"