User Tag List

Threaded View

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diet and Backloading Clarifications (Paleo)

Hi guys I had some questions about the paleo diet. I've been feeling great recently, but in a downswing now. I'm going to list my understanding of it so please correct if this is wrong:

1st, if I workout at 7am, do I backload the night before on the non workout day? That's what it says to do in the backloading book. But CD says to backload on workout days. My guess is that the latter is just a simplification. When should I backload if my workouts are spaced apart so I have to choose the night before or the night during?

These foods are Ok but only for backloading:
    - sweet potato definitely
    - white potato but not as good as sweet
    - sugar
    - honey
    - I read the "dirtier" the carb the better for backloading in the book. Does that also apply here? Should I aim to eat white vs sweet potato?

Good even during non workout days:
    - bananas
    - carrots
    - stevia
    - all fruits even if high in carbs, including dates
    - green tea once in a while
    - coconut oil and palm oil
    - beef that is not organic or grass fed
    -chicken not organic
    - chocolate with no sugar
    - Nightshade vegetables

Not ok:
    - peanuts and peanut butter
    - other legumes such as chickpeas and lentils and beans and green beans

How much better is organic than not organic? Are there a couple of food categories to really try to get organic?

Also what is something I can repeatable eat when lazy that is almost instant and will not set me back if overloading on it. Smoothies in the morning is my staple, and frozen vegetables for lunch. Salads take a little long to prepare for my liking. Does anyone have an instant or preparered meal they stick with? I prefer not to overload on fatty foods like nuts and cheese and this takes too much time to ponder every time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by finvic; 02-11-2020 at 01:56 PM.