User Tag List

SwoleSource Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Diet and Backloading Clarifications (Paleo)

Hi guys I had some questions about the paleo diet. I've been feeling great recently, but in a downswing now. I'm going to list my understanding of it so please correct if this is wrong:

1st, if I workout at 7am, do I backload the night before on the non workout day? That's what it says to do in the backloading book. But CD says to backload on workout days. My guess is that the latter is just a simplification. When should I backload if my workouts are spaced apart so I have to choose the night before or the night during?

These foods are Ok but only for backloading:
    - sweet potato definitely
    - white potato but not as good as sweet
    - sugar
    - honey
    - I read the "dirtier" the carb the better for backloading in the book. Does that also apply here? Should I aim to eat white vs sweet potato?

Good even during non workout days:
    - bananas
    - carrots
    - stevia
    - all fruits even if high in carbs, including dates
    - green tea once in a while
    - coconut oil and palm oil
    - beef that is not organic or grass fed
    -chicken not organic
    - chocolate with no sugar
    - Nightshade vegetables

Not ok:
    - peanuts and peanut butter
    - other legumes such as chickpeas and lentils and beans and green beans

How much better is organic than not organic? Are there a couple of food categories to really try to get organic?

Also what is something I can repeatable eat when lazy that is almost instant and will not set me back if overloading on it. Smoothies in the morning is my staple, and frozen vegetables for lunch. Salads take a little long to prepare for my liking. Does anyone have an instant or preparered meal they stick with? I prefer not to overload on fatty foods like nuts and cheese and this takes too much time to ponder every time.

Thanks.
    Last edited by finvic; 02-11-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Established Member Feedback Score 0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finvic View Post
    Hi guys I had some questions about the paleo diet. I've been feeling great recently, but in a downswing now. I'm going to list my understanding of it so please correct if this is wrong:

1st, if I workout at 7am, do I backload the night before on the non workout day? That's what it says to do in the backloading book. But CD says to backload on workout days. My guess is that the latter is just a simplification. When should I backload if my workouts are spaced apart so I have to choose the night before or the night during?

These foods are Ok but only for backloading:
    - sweet potato definitely
    - white potato but not as good as sweet
    - sugar
    - honey
    - I read the "dirtier" the carb the better for backloading in the book. Does that also apply here? Should I aim to eat white vs sweet potato?

Good even during non workout days:
    - bananas
    - carrots
    - stevia
    - all fruits even if high in carbs, including dates
    - green tea once in a while
    - coconut oil and palm oil
    - beef that is not organic or grass fed
    -chicken not organic
    - chocolate with no sugar
    - Nightshade vegetables

Not ok:
    - peanuts and peanut butter
    - other legumes such as chickpeas and lentils and beans and green beans

How much better is organic than not organic? Are there a couple of food categories to really try to get organic?

Also what is something I can repeatable eat when lazy that is almost instant and will not set me back if overloading on it. Smoothies in the morning is my staple, and frozen vegetables for lunch. Salads take a little long to prepare for my liking. Does anyone have an instant or preparered meal they stick with? I prefer not to overload on fatty foods like nuts and cheese and this takes too much time to ponder every time.

Thanks.
    I believe we should always backload on the same night that we did our lifting.
    I think in our situation, cleaner carbs are better, I personally stick to white potato, sweet potato, white/brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, amaranth, ripe bananas. Lots of options for clean sources.
    I personally don't eat ripe bananas on non backload days, but I do eat green ones, as well as other fruits. Ripe bananas are high in glucose so I believe they are good for backloading.
    Get as organic as you can afford, and Google 'dirty dozen' and 'clean 15' if you are on a budget and need to prioritise.
    Could try cooking extra the night before and have the leftovers for lunch?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the backload. Personally I tried to avoid higher carbcontent in the first 3h~ after waking up and have done more IF.
    Waterfasting itself should sensitize a lot of low/no carb benefits for up to 2-3months aswell.
    I think the main goal is to focus on eating whole not processed foods.
    Like meat prepared with spices etc. is usually full of shite, almost everything prepackaged is full of shite. I'd even focus on eating fruits that are more in season, dependent where you live that could be more apples and grapes during winter let's say. I think blueberries for example are one of the best foods due to highest antioxidant content, but giving the fact that I'm from Poland and that stuff lays in a not even cold area in my supermarket comming from CHILE and still doesn't mold.. cmon that's not natural.
    I belive these small things add up preventing people to heal. I mean so long you eat solid foods and some greens, get some good protein, some good carbs and some healthy fats in daily I wouldn't spin my mind too much about everything^^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello!

So since I am not doing any better since starting the protocol and I can't figure out why, I thought maybe I eat something which harms me. I find that a paleo diet is quite a restriction so maybe I can get some new ideas of you of what to eat.

What I usually eat (when I don't backload):

- Veggies: tomatoes, carrots, (red) peppers, lettuce, avocadoes, eggplants, zucchinis, onions, garlic
    - Fruits : apples, bananas, berries (strawberries, blueberries, rasperries),
    - Fish: salmon (raw and cooked)
    - Meat: pork, Beef, sometimes packed up dried meat (when I am on the go)
    - Nuts: Walnuts (a lot of it)
    - Diary: Started adding butter and milk and cheese. Might stop that agin despite not feeling unwell after eating it.
    - Pepper, salt, Rosemary, olive oil, honey (?)
    - Beverages: water, ginger tea (= only ginger + water)

I eat them raw and cooked with butter or olive oil. No salad dressing, only olive oil. All organic

I was wondering if eating that many walnuts could be bad or the dried meat.

When backloading (everything glutenfree):

- In general: gutenfree menues in restaurants (never fast food)
    - pasta, pizza, bread, cornflakes, corn/rice waffles
    - sushi without soy sauce or wasabi
    - french fries
    - ice cream

When backloading, my food is not organic anymore most of the time.

What do you think of the glutenfree menues in restaurants? Of course, I don't know what chemicals they put in their menues and it might even be worse than some fast food. What do you get for backloading? Also, are french fries and ice cream (any kind) ok?

I read above that beans are bad. Also CdNuts said once that we should avoid soy. Because of Estrogen?

Avoid:

- Veggies: beans, soy, chickpeas (?)

I read that nightshade veggies might be bad aswell. What do you think?

Regarding supplements:

I read several times that some people take pine pollen daily. Even royal jelly can be consumed daily. Is that recommended (so far I cycle my herbs, I have 13 of them)?
    Is whey protein good for after workouts? I thought about stopping it...

Have a good day!
    Last edited by LetsRecover; 03-21-2020 at 03:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bankai9000 View Post
    Not sure about the backload. Personally I tried to avoid higher carbcontent in the first 3h~ after waking up and have done more IF.
    Waterfasting itself should sensitize a lot of low/no carb benefits for up to 2-3months aswell.
    I think the main goal is to focus on eating whole not processed foods.
    Like meat prepared with spices etc. is usually full of shite, almost everything prepackaged is full of shite. I'd even focus on eating fruits that are more in season, dependent where you live that could be more apples and grapes during winter let's say. I think blueberries for example are one of the best foods due to highest antioxidant content, but giving the fact that I'm from Poland and that stuff lays in a not even cold area in my supermarket comming from CHILE and still doesn't mold.. cmon that's not natural.
    I belive these small things add up preventing people to heal. I mean so long you eat solid foods and some greens, get some good protein, some good carbs and some healthy fats in daily I wouldn't spin my mind too much about everything^^
    I know on Total Male Optimization, CD says we can have dairy, but I am wondering, does it hamper recovery in any way?

Established Member Feedback Score 0 Bankai9000's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add me on skype and let's get through all points if you like Bankai9000 or whatsapp msg me number

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letsrecoverfull View Post
    I know on Total Male Optimization, CD says we can have dairy, but I am wondering, does it hamper recovery in any way?
    It would if you're sensitive to it or outright lactose intolerant. I eat ice cream, cheese, and butter all the time with no issue. Saturated fats and saturated fatty acids (dairy) are essential for 5ar production, from I've read.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Bankai! Thanks! Yes, I just downloaded skype, let's go through the points. Unfortunately, I have no microphone and all stores are closed because of corona.